PDA

View Full Version : YP 80 flame out procedure???

stugumby
08-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Greetings, I am having a tough time flying the yp 80, seems whenever I get heavy handed on the throttle it goes wheeeeennnph and flames out. Tried to do a restart at 0% power as well as 20% etc but no luck, used auto pilot and still no luck. Any ideas on how to do this or avoid it all together. And has any one else noticed the machineguns fire in pulses??

RxMan
08-16-2005, 07:07 AM
CTRL-E solves the problem.

;-)

VW-IceFire
08-16-2005, 07:11 AM
Avoidance is the best option. Be thankful its not a Me262 we're talking about...a flameout usually means the engines light on fire and you're done for.

Basically, don't get all worked up on the throttle. Jets operate very differently than prop fighters and you should be aware of that. Acceleration happens slower and a smooth control on your throttle is the best option.

If you do flameout...you have a limited chance of bringing it back on. My procedure is this.

1) If the engine is out...throttle back to 15%-20%
2) Point the nose down and build speed to somewhere around 300kph or better
3) Give it a moment, then restart the engine...tap the throttle a bit...if you're at 15% then goto 20% and if your at 20% maybe throttle back to 15% and then back upto 20% (do it somewhat slowly)
4) Look at your fuel injection guage (I forget the actual name but its the middle right side of your cockpit). If it spurts back to life in maybe 4-5 seconds then your good. Slowly throttle back upto 80% and on your way.

If none of that worked, try it again. I think you get a few chances but after that the engine is toast.