PDA

View Full Version : Wings Over Waves "B-25 Mission Question" ?

RS.Wedge
01-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Last week I started the Wings Over Waves Campaign by PlusWare.

I am stuck on the mission where you have to take the last B-25 off of Wake Island because the Japanese are about to take over the island. As soon as I start both engines and apply just a little power I am unable to steer the aircraft. It just goes around in a circle on the airfield. (I went back in QMB and loaded a B-25 to test to see if there were any problems with the actual plane or my controler. I landed the plane, shut off all systems/engines, restarted all systems/engines and took off just fine.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the problem with the B-25 in WOW and why I am unable to control the aircraft?

RS.Wedge
01-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Last week I started the Wings Over Waves Campaign by PlusWare.

I am stuck on the mission where you have to take the last B-25 off of Wake Island because the Japanese are about to take over the island. As soon as I start both engines and apply just a little power I am unable to steer the aircraft. It just goes around in a circle on the airfield. (I went back in QMB and loaded a B-25 to test to see if there were any problems with the actual plane or my controler. I landed the plane, shut off all systems/engines, restarted all systems/engines and took off just fine.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the problem with the B-25 in WOW and why I am unable to control the aircraft?

stugumby
01-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Hmmm, I'm no expert but check to see if your difficulties setting has seperate engine start checked. I have had a similar problem with a me 262 spinning due to this. I started what i thought was both engines but it wasnt, just number 1.

Tater-SW-
01-17-2006, 07:53 AM
I'm sure that's what you are seeing. Unselect 2, Start 1, unselect 1, select 2, start 2, SELECT 1 again.

What is a B-25 doing on Wake, anyway, and what CV did you fly it off to get there? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

tater

RS.Wedge
01-17-2006, 08:57 AM
The following is my start up proceedure:

1. Select engine 1 by hitting "Alt+1". (I mapped Alt+1 to select engine 1)
2. Start engine 1 by hitting the "I" key.
3. Select engine 2 by hitting "Alt+2".
4. Start engine 2 by hitting the "I" key.
5. I then let the engines fully warm up before increasing power.

Also, in 3rd person view I can see my front wheel turning and my rudders working properly, but I get no response from the aircraft - it just keeps going in circles.

I dont know why there is a B-25 on Wake - it was put there by the mission designer.

F19_Orheim
01-17-2006, 09:33 AM
You have to assign a key to "Select all engine" and use it after you have started engine 2. As is seems now you have chosen engone 2, throtteling up only this engine, leaving engine 1 on 0%. No wonder you spin around. This you have to to with all planes with 2 engines...

CRSutton
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Where can I get the Wings over Waves campaign?

RS.Wedge
01-17-2006, 10:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F19_Orheim:
You have to assign a key to "Select all engine" and use it after you have started engine 2. As is seems now you have chosen engone 2, throtteling up only this engine, leaving engine 1 on 0%. No wonder you spin around. This you have to to with all planes with 2 engines... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes total sense! Thanks for the help!

RS.Wedge
01-17-2006, 10:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CRSutton:
Where can I get the Wings over Waves campaign? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Link to Wings Over Waves:
http://www.pluswave.de/shop_e/shop_e.html?d_WOW_V10_Wings_over_Waves220.htm

Zeus-cat
01-18-2006, 04:32 PM
It could be a cross-wind. It acts a lot like the one engine unselected problem everyone else is advising you on.

Immediately at the start of the mission apply your brakes and keep them on. Start your engines. Stand on your brakes until you are ready to roll. Throttle up, use rudder trim or crank your rudder all the way to the side to counter the wind. Once you get enough speed built up, the wind effect will almost disappear.

VW-IceFire
01-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Easiest way to deal with multi engined aircraft in my opinion. Bind the following keys

Cntrl+1 = Select Engine 1
Cntrl+2 = Select Engine 2
"" ""

Cntrl+0 = Select All Engines.

So I just select engine 1, ignition, select engine 2, ignition, select all engines, throttle up.

RS.Wedge
01-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Everything worked out just fine:

1. selected engine 1 and started.
2. selected engine 2 and started.
3. selected both engines and increased throttle.
4. taxied down the runway and took off without problems.

Thanks again guys for your help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AStotzer
01-19-2006, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RS.Wedge:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CRSutton:

http://www.pluswave.de/shop_e/shop_e.html?d_WOW_V10_Wings_over_Waves220.htm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>With all the Free Campaigns out there, what makes this one worth paying for? Just curious.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

RS.Wedge
01-20-2006, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AStotzer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RS.Wedge:

http://www.pluswave.de/shop_e/shop_e.html?d_WOW_V10_Wings_over_Waves220.htm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>With all the Free Campaigns out there, what makes this one worth paying for? Just curious.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like it because it added a bunch of skins, it has 4 campaigns with 450+ missions, and the dev. put a lot of work into the scenery around the different airfields.

kilbil19er
01-20-2006, 10:34 AM
wings over waves isnt a difficult campaign. The bases are the biggest most detailed ever. Ive bought most of the addons for il2 and the fights over the carriers are the largestest most spectacular ive ever seen.

Kilbil19er

AStotzer
01-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Sounds like fun!