PDA

View Full Version : Sound problems with patch

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Since installing the patch my sound has gone all fuzzy. It kind of chops up and sounds like there is constant interference (like the sound is turned up too high on tinny speakers). I've dropped the volume settings, but it's not helped. Does anybody know what could be the cause of this? It's driving me nuts.

My soundcard is an Nvidia nforce.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Since installing the patch my sound has gone all fuzzy. It kind of chops up and sounds like there is constant interference (like the sound is turned up too high on tinny speakers). I've dropped the volume settings, but it's not helped. Does anybody know what could be the cause of this? It's driving me nuts.

My soundcard is an Nvidia nforce.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Forgot to say thanks in advance for any help.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:01 PM
Hi

Ive got exactly the same problem as you. My sound was not perfect before but know after installing the patch its worse!!!

The sound becomes distorted and then goes tinny sounding. It also stops chatter from wingmen AI.

What do we do??? wait until one of the tech heads has a go . Keep checkin the Mudmovers site Im sure they will come up with suggestions soon. You get a link from Fansites on the homepage.

Bt the way what type of soundcard do you have? I have a Soundblaster 1024. Maybe its too old for such a complex game who knows???

Best of Luck
will let you know if I come up with something.

Bluesman /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:11 PM
Haha. I just wrote that I was having the same problem as you on your post in the tech support forum.

My soundcard is an nvidia nforce and is only a year old, so it shouldn't be that it needs updating, but maybe someone who knows more about 'puters than I do will tell me that that doesn't mean squat.

I'm getting some chatter from the AI, but it's sound quality is sooo bad (like a radio between stations). I don't know what to do, I can't live without my FB.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Hi leadballon

- I don't know what to do, I can't live without my FB.
-
-
-
- Me too!!

Go over to the tech support site and try and post your Dx/Diag that way we can see what all your sysytem specs are.You could do it here but it would be more appropriate to do it there. Tech people might spot something rather than in General discussion. Add it to my post over there you probably seen mine already.

Will keep an eye out for it!

Cheers

bluesman /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Same problems here. Plus, when ever i fire my guns, all other sounds exept for the gun sounds mute. so all i hear is the guns.

P4-2.4Gig
1GigPC2100 DDR Ram
SoyoDragon Ulrtra Mobo
8X AGP Slot
GF-4Ti4600pny
20"Monitor
40GigHD
58xCDRW-Drive
DVDRom-Drive
SB-Live 5.1
DX-9.0
XP-PRO
So he tells me, "I ban the Me262 cause its turn rate is over modeled and it dosnt stall"... Then he takes off from his base in a Hurricane.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:19 AM
Different systems same sound problem...hmmmmmmm!!!

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:28 AM
Went into hardware setup and changed the setting from 16 to 32...that did it for me!

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:38 AM
Playing around a little more. Dropped mine from 16 to default settings. It worked, but then when I started flying again after a brief encounter with the floor the sound was terrible again. So I went back to the sound set up, I didn't change anything, just hit apply and back and resumed and the sound worked just fine again.

I've tried this a couple of times now and it seems to work. Whenever I start a new flight I have to press escape and go to the sound setup and apply the (same) settings, so far it's worked every time. It might be a pain in the backside, but at least it's playable now. The sound is improved too.

Message Edited on 08/12/0311:39PM by leadbaloon

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:14 AM
Okay. So I was over excited, still having problems, but more cut outs and fluctuations in volume level as opposed to mad distortion.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:39 AM
I had great sound before the patch. After the patch the sound brought tears to my eyes. It;s very very sweet. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 02:26 AM
I've had problems with my sound from the beginning with FB, which I largely resolved my problems (except crackling radio voices) by adjusting the level of sound hardware acceleration under DXDiag. Maybe y'all who are having problems post-patch can try that.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 03:09 AM
I've had some problems like that long ago, but they usualy started in middle of the game not at takeoff or anything , I went to sound , apply, and back again and all worked just fine, but anyway that were quite rare problems...

<center>"The show must go on..."<center>
<center>http://www.btinternet.com/~jj_b/vaw/images/iar81t.jpg </center>
<center>A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 03:44 AM
Myself and about half a dozen others reported sound problems whilst we were doing squad training.

We flew a co-op mission, exited, and then flew a dogfight mission. The sounds were all faint, EXCEPT AAA firing.

sblive
sblive
turtle beach santa cruz
sblive
sblive

we've tried hardware acceleration off, rejoining etc and no joy.

I think there's a problem with the patch, and if you are NOT having a problem with the patch kindly STFU with the fanboi style comments while we figure out why WE'RE having problems.

Cheers.

http://www3.telus.net/ice51/taipans/tpn_bard.jpg (http://taipans.dyndns.org)

http://www3.telus.net/ice51/taipans/tpn_bard.jpg (http://taipans.dyndns.org)