PDA

View Full Version : Altair in a Lover boy Image (POLL)

pop_sot
08-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi All!

As you guys know that we don't have much information the Assasins Creed storyline. So far the Game looks are giving us a message that the game would be a Blockbuster on the Next-Gen.

The storyline is a key factor of any game I suppose. To me, its the storyline that makes a game good or bad, although other things gameplay are very important but Character-Shaping and the script of the game has a major impact especailly in third-person action adventure games. So Let me put a Question here to have your opinions.

pop_sot
08-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi All!

As you guys know that we don't have much information the Assasins Creed storyline. So far the Game looks are giving us a message that the game would be a Blockbuster on the Next-Gen.

The storyline is a key factor of any game I suppose. To me, its the storyline that makes a game good or bad, although other things gameplay are very important but Character-Shaping and the script of the game has a major impact especailly in third-person action adventure games. So Let me put a Question here to have your opinions.

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Not that i have anything against love, but deffinatly no love in AC. I would twist the storyline and just make it...well..c**p http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

A random woman assassin would be alot better. Plus Altair has alot better things than love on his mind, like stoping a war.

piratprince
08-16-2006, 12:46 PM
I think you have no idea about the "power of love " http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Just joking http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gliadra
08-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Dont think Altair is much of a Lover Boy :P

"Offtopic" First post here, hiya!

OH_DragonBoy
08-16-2006, 01:37 PM
This isn't Prince of Persia. I hate how people keep comparing the two. Altair is not a noble warrior trying to impress his father. He is not a man struck with morals.
He is a man fighting to end something that has gone on for too long. He is a man who knows what must be done, and will do it without question, because he knows it is right.

There is no way I would want him to become love-struck, as that would just make this another game in the endless list of romantic stories.
I want them to bring something new to a storyline. I can't think of anything since I don't exactly know the storyline...but you get my point. Make the game completely original. You've done it so far, go the extra mile and make romance, at the very least, not particularly prominent.

However, there could be some sort of mysterious temptress that speaks to him when he breathes deep the hash smoke from the hookah.

But...that's all I can think of.

Anyway, I'm going with the fourth choice.

And, just for the record, the Prince of Persia is not great, not after T2T. He's a *******, if anything.

EDIT: Ooops...apparently the Hashashin ATE hash...my bad.

Dr_Baltar
08-16-2006, 01:58 PM
I wouldn’t mind if there was a love story entwined with the game. As long as it doesn't completely, dominate the game. Maybe there could be a rival assassin that is a woman, who interests Altair, but he is forced to kill the woman, seeing that she is determined to kill him. Something like that anyway.
The chose the forth option.

entropy777
08-16-2006, 01:59 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Come back to reality, no way would the assassin's let a woman be a part of the clan.. It's just not possible... Some people might think that the muslim way is derogatory and opresses women, but instead of making things all fair and dandy like some fairytale they go with the logical solution and let the men (who are stronger) deal with the fighting and heavy lifting.

Some other part maybe, but not a female assassin, thats just not realistic.</span>

OH_DragonBoy
08-16-2006, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by entropy777:
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Come back to reality, no way would the assassin's let a woman be a part of the clan.. It's just not possible... Some people might think that the muslim way is derogatory and opresses women, but instead of making things all fair and dandy like some fairytale they go with the logical solution and let the men (who are stronger) deal with the fighting and heavy lifting.

Some other part maybe, but not a female assassin, thats just not realistic.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Is this a personal or game-related outlook?

Game-related, yes, I think you're right.
But if it's a personal level...then...I completely disagree. I'll have to see your answer to actually expand on this, though.

entropy777
08-16-2006, 02:10 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">I awnsered that last one due to a visual error. (I was catching a fly and I thought I pressed the second last one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif) </span>

pop_sot
08-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Thats good response, I also don't want a loving story this time, but I would really appreciate a little Girly Role http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. So my vote is for the last one. Keep voting, POP Team migh check the results.

silentassasin05
08-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Maybe, I done correctly. I dont want a loved up Altair, but just enough to make him human.

terminalShock09
08-16-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm a female, and even I'm sick of the token girl character. I don't need any validation or a "role model". A female assassin is almost worse because it's just simple pandering to the growing audience of girls in the gaming world, and I ask for none of it! It's so terribly predictable... Here's hoping Ubi breaks the politically correct mold!

entropy777
08-16-2006, 05:46 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Yes, politically correct and reality do not mix well.</span>

Dr_Baltar
08-16-2006, 06:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by entropy777:

Some other part maybe, but not a female assassin, thats just not realistic.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, it was just a slapped up idea, but I suppose you're right, seeing women weren’t really involved with any fighting or even assassinating. I take it you’re a realist gamer then, wanting things to be accurate?

terminalShock09
08-16-2006, 09:49 PM
To be fair, I should mention that the Arabs were actually more open than you'd think about women fighting. Usamah ibn Munqidh actually writes about several occasions when women fought during desperate times, and other chroniclers mention going through the dead bodies of crusaders and finding a few to be women dressed as men. I still stick to my original answer, though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Dr_Baltar
08-16-2006, 10:15 PM
If a woman did dress up as a soldier and fought in the Crusades, she must have killed at least one male soldier... how embarrassing that would be, especially during that time period.

FableB
08-17-2006, 03:21 AM
I don't think there is anything embarrassing in it, as long as she is a soldier.

Now to the question, No I don't want to see Altair as a Lover Boy. Because this will only distract him and make him do stupid stuff. Not that I'm against love or something, no, but in Altair's situation, you need to keep your mind clean. Yes, I think The Prince is stupid.

xasspenx
08-17-2006, 09:06 AM
a love figure in AC wouldnt be appropriate at all for this story. Altair is an assassin. Assassins from what i think should be shouldnt have any distractions from the mission. If there was a girl in Altair's life, the mission could be jeopardized for example, lets say she was present in an assassination attempt? Altair would be in an ackward position and therefor the mission would be a complete failure. Altair and his girl would be killed for conspiring to kill a soldier or high figure. A love figure wouldnt fit this game at all.

DarkCrawler90
08-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Hell no. I'd want him to be a bit like Codename 47 in that..."women are just hindering you, and eventually get you killed". And Altair does not seem like Kratos either, he doesn't just sleep with women and then leave. He's a trained assassin.

But then again, I think that it is his ancestor watching him from the future, so I guess he gets a love interest and children even...

Maybe after the war is over.

rajsoloman
08-17-2006, 01:01 PM
maybe altair already has a wife and kid(s) or maybe a pregnant wife or just a wife and she doesnt know that he's an assassin, but secretly she's an assassin and they are told to kill each other, a ****ty movie and several exlosions later they fall back in love and destroy each others orginizations.Mr&Mrs Altair lol. i was being serious though except for that last bit just to clarify

DarkCrawler90
08-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Being an assassin is a full time job, I think, no time for wife or kids. Altair has probably been training for this his whole life.

Red_Mercury901
08-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Altair should definately not be lover boy. Guts, gore and removing of heads is what I want to see.... *realises what he said and hides in corner* baadd kaaarrmmaaaa maaannn (just so you know, I am in no way opposed to the opposite sex)

entropy777
08-17-2006, 01:52 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Assuming Altair hasn't been brainwashed and is indeed a real muslim he would know where he ends up for comitting murder... He wouldn't want to place the grief of knowing that on a family.

He's already ruined his own, why ruin more lives in the process? Not to mention his profession not really being "safe"</span>

IoNoobMaster
08-18-2006, 02:52 AM
Why do you think he doesn't have the ring finger?
I'am thinking that they cut it down as a simbol that mariage(hope I speld it wright) is forbiten within the assassain's... so there are in a whay cold harted killers... but as the trayler shows that they have respect for the enemy.

entropy777
08-18-2006, 04:23 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">The ringfinger is cut off to make room for the handle of his hidden blade, close you fist and see how much room there is between your fingers, not alot, you wouldn't be able to have a sturdy blade there...

Now try to imagine how your hand would look, closed and without a ring finger, a bit more room don't you think?</span>

xasspenx
08-18-2006, 10:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rajsoloman:
maybe altair already has a wife and kid(s) or maybe a pregnant wife or just a wife and she doesnt know that he's an assassin, but secretly she's an assassin and they are told to kill each other, a ****ty movie and several exlosions later they fall back in love and destroy each others orginizations.Mr&Mrs Altair lol. i was being serious though except for that last bit just to clarify </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Mr and Mrs Smith was bleeping rediculus. i couldnt stand that movie at all. i think iwould have to get rid of my pinky finger too. that blade might hit it.

FableB
08-18-2006, 04:29 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">The ringfinger is cut off to make room for the handle of his hidden blade, close you fist and see how much room there is between your fingers, not alot, you wouldn't be able to have a sturdy blade there...

Now try to imagine how your hand would look, closed and without a ring finger, a bit more room don't you think?</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think they cut his ringfinger just for the blade. The proof that they don't want the Assassins to get married is that they cut the left hand ring finger. why not the right? I mean im righty I would like my blade on my right hand! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

entropy777
08-18-2006, 04:47 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Thats exactly why they put it on your left hand, your right hand is for your sword and your right hand is more useful...

They cut it off to make room for the blade, the UBI girl even says so in the interviews.

Also, Yes! Finally a game where you can use your left hand, thats so cool.</span>

FableB
08-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Ok, ok, but close your hand...look at the ringfinger...it's not much of a space...that will make you use your blade better...plus if your blade is out...and you close your hands...you will cut the fingers on the sides of the blade....

entropy777
08-18-2006, 06:12 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">No, you see the blade extends down, and where your fingers are theres a grip, that goes down along with the blade, so you close your fist around that...

And it might not be alot of space, but it's alot more than if you had a ringfinger, and you could make it a pretty sturdy blade with that amount of space.

Didn't you ever watch the second trailer for AC?</span>

terminalShock09
08-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Maybe Altair just has very widely spaced fingers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FableB
08-19-2006, 04:28 AM
I dunno, when I close my hand, I don't see much of a space. Let's say his hand is bigger than mine. Still there will not be that much of a space for a lethal blade.

xasspenx
08-19-2006, 08:30 AM
i dont have much space for a knife either. that's y i would want no use of my left little finger.

IoNoobMaster
08-19-2006, 09:11 AM

Now try to imagine how your hand would look, closed and without a ring finger, a bit more room don't you think?</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yhea but if that were the case than they could cut like the midle finger... so the ring finger being cut off has like 2 meanings... don't you think???

entropy777
08-19-2006, 11:25 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Ringfinger is the most useless finger, and the left hand is more useless than the right one.

I mean they wouldn't cut off some finger that you use alot, so the left hand ringfinger makes the most sense.</span>

Amras2006
08-19-2006, 11:43 AM
IIRC, I thought there was no marriage from putting a ring on the ring finger during the Third Crusade. I could be wrong, though.

FableB
08-19-2006, 01:32 PM
No there was. Even before the crusade.

Untimely_demise
08-21-2006, 05:25 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Yes there was marriage during this peroid, infact, there was marriage in ancient Greece and Rome.
But depending on your definition of marriage...your answers could be varying.

*first post* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

Maple-Syrup19
08-23-2006, 03:34 AM
Altair as a lover boy....

*Cringes.*

I demand he be a cold-hearted killing machine!

pop_sot
08-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Well I as a fan of action adventure games somewhat disagree with a opinion to have a cold-hearted killing machine. See It would not work. People do like serious and funny characters if they are put in a right sense. Remeber the Prince was a killing Machine and very cold-hearted in Warrior Withing, and most of the fans disliked him because of his rude attitude. He wasn't among the finest characters of all time.

Ofcourse Altair should be a serious hero, not funny like Prince but atleast he should have a soft heart, He should be kind towards good persons and evil towards bad Persons. He should be a typical Hero,Otherwise the Game would become too heavy to digest. I don't want him as a romantic guy but a little Girly role can make the game more interesting and appealing

Lhorkan
08-27-2006, 08:27 AM
I actually liked the prince in WW best. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Mainly because of the voice actor, but also because he actually fought for himself, not for some woman or his lil' throne.

pop_sot
08-27-2006, 10:55 AM
nd t<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lhorkan:
I actually liked the prince in WW best. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Mainly because of the voice actor, but also because he actually fought for himself, not for some woman or his lil' throne. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but the majority was against that Shouting behaviour. He wasn't a likeable character in most of the eyes. Altair should be a complete hero like I said earlier. A Likeable person. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lhorkan
08-27-2006, 11:33 AM
A likeable person that murders people? :\

xasspenx
08-27-2006, 11:37 AM
it sounds like an episode of Maury Povich. My husband kills people

entropy777
08-27-2006, 12:15 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Likeable by us, possibly...
Likeable by the people around the character, not likely...
Likeable by himself, very, very unlikely.

Altair and the Assassin's in general thought the end justified the means, as this however isn't popular belief unless you're wearing matching uniforms and calling yourself an army... He would probably be considered a "Terrorist" IE. A person who is too poor to buy proper equipment.

Don't confuse this with them thinking that what they are doing is right, they know that murder is unacceptable according to Islam, but they are willing to disregard that to make life better for everyone else.</span>

OH_DragonBoy
08-27-2006, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lhorkan:
A likeable person that murders people? :\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Charles Manson has people who worship him...

bablagar
08-28-2006, 03:16 AM
i dont see whats wrong with a little romance http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif not quite like in POP but there could at leaste be a girl he has his eye on or something, after all thats what motivates characters, otherwise he's just going to turn into a boring character who just thinks "KILL ALL!!!!1111" just sucks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Lhorkan
08-28-2006, 03:49 AM
He doesn't think "KILL ALL!!!!1111", he only kills the people he has too.

Sandwarrior1990
08-28-2006, 04:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by silentassasin05:
Maybe, I done correctly. I dont want a loved up Altair, but just enough to make him human. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with you here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Nothing major that affects the game that much or anything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OH_DragonBoy
08-28-2006, 06:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pop_sot:
nd t<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lhorkan:
I actually liked the prince in WW best. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Mainly because of the voice actor, but also because he actually fought for himself, not for some woman or his lil' throne. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but the majority was against that Shouting behaviour. He wasn't a likeable character in most of the eyes. Altair should be a complete hero like I said earlier. A Likeable person. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>NO!!!!!!
Not a complete hero. Do you have any idea how incredibly boring that would be? A complete, perfect hero. Dull.

He needs to have flaws. He can't be allowed to become a complete hero, because then there would be no depth - he'd just be a hero.

What would I have? I'd have a man driven by what he knows (not thinks; knows) is right. A man driven by a belief that he is willing to die for (I've watched Serenity a few too many times...). But he'd also be a man who knows that he is not a good man - he knows that he is, say...a monster, and knows that when his job is done, there will be nothing left for him.

Like I said; never make someone a "complete hero".

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-28-2006, 06:47 AM
Stoping a War would be my first piority, the girls can wait later.

Altiar would never had become an assassin if he had a wife, or children. He became an assassin focused on his goals. So i dont think he's going to change his mind and say "stoping a war can wait..i'm going on the pull" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Sandwarrior1990
08-28-2006, 07:56 AM
and it wouldn't be a very good idea especially with Altair moving from City to City all the time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

pop_sot
08-28-2006, 09:29 AM
ok<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lhorkan:
A likeable person that murders people? :\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Murder people Ofcourse. But what are those incidents that made him a Murderer. U know Innocent people also get trapped.

About the complete hero. I know nobody is perfect i meant to say that he should be a person that should be liked by most of the fans. A good game character plays a biggest role in the immersion of the player in the game IMO.

DFX1978
08-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Hello,

what do you thing (In a lover boy story)

Do he have long or short hair??

entropy777
08-28-2006, 07:16 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">He's not a jarhead...</span>

DarK_PhoeniX_22
09-01-2006, 02:20 PM
no chicks in ac
he's an assassin
he should be a lone wolf

drunkrepublican
09-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Somehow I think a man who kills as a profession wouldn't really attract the ladies.

entropy777
09-01-2006, 09:14 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Somehow I think people who want love stories in games, don't have any outside it...*</span>

*<STRIKE>(the magic exception being girl gamers, it's a proven fact that women want love stories in EVERYTHING)</STRIKE>

terminalShock09
09-01-2006, 10:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> it's a proven fact that women want love stories in EVERYTHING) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure you're just joking, since it's crossed out and all... But I might as well point out again that I'm female and I would be insulted by a token "girl assassin" character. Panderin', I tells ya! Panderin'!!

steerepike
09-01-2006, 11:00 PM
From what I can tell I think a love angle would only crowd the plot.

...but that's just me.

entropy777
09-02-2006, 06:04 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Yeah, well you're special, you put up with -these- "people", kudos to you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif</span>

AnnwynAuldcross
09-02-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure having a love interest for a 12th Century Muslim Assassin is a fantastic idea if I am entirely honest.

For me the character has plenty more interesting plots he could be emboriled with and people he can meet than a generic female assassin who is merely there to be the love item.

Think of the possibilities, meetings or involvements with Richard the Lionheart, Saladin, Renault de Chatien (I realise that may not be the correct spelling), the Knights Templar, Hospitillar and other Crusaders Houses. So much historical interaction to be had and be involved with that he can be motivated by much more than a love interest, its too cliche. If you want a character who can kill yet have charm to boot then there is Solid Snake who plays the role (and plenty of women!) very well, love and suggestive behaviour should be left to the NPC's.

I'd much rather be scaling the cityscape of Jerusalem and putting stop to Templar raids and such forth than chasing after a girl, I think its very demeaning to women that their only role in games these days is as the flusey of the lead. Its the Medieval world, women are NOT equal to men back then, to try and bring political correctness to this environment is ahistorical and completely bizarre.

xasspenx
09-03-2006, 07:18 PM
very true. but if there was a chick, ALtair would lose his total control in situations like wat if he spots her in a crowd when he is about to commit murder? he might mess up. but then again she could just be a chick that doesnt envolve herself like in the professional(the little girl). i think she had a little bit of things to do but nothing like killing people(i think). either it could work for Altair or it will kill him in the end and the future character will wake up and the game will be over.

pop_sot
09-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Well its 43 votes counted so far. The AC Creative Team should check the results, Its been confirmed now that AC woun't have any Love Story Theme, But now the team has to decide about the Last options. Either they will pick a Mysterious Girl role or no Girl at all. To me, if there would be no single girl in AC, the Game can become too heavy because of murders and can become boring gradually

steerepike
09-05-2006, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FableB:
Ok, ok, but close your hand...look at the ringfinger...it's not much of a space...that will make you use your blade better...plus if your blade is out...and you close your hands...you will cut the fingers on the sides of the blade.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so? sword practitioners often have something called a swordsman's scar. It's a scar in the "webbing" between the thumb and forefinger caused by sheathing and unsheathing the sword. I would imagine that the scar tissue becomes so thick and colloused that it is more of a "padding" than a scar.

I'd also imagine that a cat willing to chop off an entire finger wouldn't be too bothered by the cuts(and eventual pad-like scarring) recieved from running his finger down the side of a blade to reach the grip.

MTXteerling
09-08-2006, 10:05 AM
I most certainly wouldn't like it, if there was some love interest thing in Assasin's Creed. I mean, picture this.
You're scaling the roof. Suddenly you spot your mark. They asked for a public murder, that's what they'll get. You jump, and break into a run. The mark hasn't seen you yet, good. As you leave the crowd he at last spots you. He tries to draw his sword, but alas, it's too late. You jump up and pop out you hidden dagger. The dagger which is now embedded in his throat, makes quick work of the kill. Then you spot Mary, your love interest, in the crowd. "MARY?????" "Al.....?" Aaand slash, you're dead.

OH_DragonBoy
09-08-2006, 10:09 AM
I wonder if there'll be those high-class prostitutes in this game...because they did exist... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtesan

Penumbra_42
09-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Someone just made a topic about a magazine article for AC, and one thing it said was that Altair has a wife.

Robbinho1992
09-12-2006, 01:55 PM
I think if there is going to be a person/mysterious person in it, it could be a chance to put co-operative gameplay

One person distracts the guards , the other kills the mark.

Could be done splitscreen or internet.

Juist an idea

phantomtld
09-13-2006, 10:15 AM
i'd say definately no love in the story. What sense would it make? Hes an assassin dedicated to downfall of a crusade in his home land. there is no place for a love story line.however the idea of prostitutes is entirely fesible (as they where around and quite a big thing in those days). but the idea of a single main love interest, i think is a bad one. It would ruin the feel of the game. Although thats just my opinon, i know other people will feel diferently. about the whole multi-player thing, i'm hoping for a sort of chaos theory thing, two players neither of which is the main character, but are both still assassins with the same abilities as the main guy.

davidman1993
09-13-2006, 11:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A likeable person that murders people? :\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i`ve been reading a lot of books where there is a murdurer and i`ve allways been liking them cause of their personality and stuff so why wouldn`t Altair be a likeable guy? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

pop_sot
09-14-2006, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidman1993:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A likeable person that murders people? :\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i`ve been reading a lot of books where there is a murdurer and i`ve allways been liking them cause of their personality and stuff so why wouldn`t Altair be a likeable guy? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Comment Man and welcome to the forums as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Its 52 Votes counted so far. I am hoping that as we will get some Newest info on AC's story this Poll will rise. Its a wonderful response, I am glad that fianlly UBISOFT will look at the results.

ameshockey3
09-14-2006, 09:46 AM
sorry dont want a love thing going, it would take away from the game, the point is killing people doing wrong.. the girl would just mess everything up....

pop_sot
09-14-2006, 09:51 AM
nue<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ameshockey3:
sorry dont want a love thing going, it would take away from the game, the point is killing people doing wrong.. the girl would just mess everything up.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, Maybe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. But without a girl and just killing,killing and Killing, The things can go boring. A mysterious role would be cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OH_DragonBoy
09-14-2006, 09:56 AM
We-ell...Altair does have a wife...

entropy777
09-14-2006, 10:45 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">God I miss the old days, when plots were good, when romance wasn't the most important thing in the world and a man concentrated on what he was doing at the time, the time when whipped men weren't invented yet...

Actually, where men and women at all existed, no superficial, shallow boys with their precious little toys... No little girls with the refinement of a plastic bottle who start every sentence with "Ugh, and I was like"...

Pathetic...</span>

Yog1243
09-16-2006, 12:13 AM
Altair does indeed have a wife now according to rumors. I however feel there shouldn't be any "rescue the damsel" missions. We have seen them in hundreds of video games already. I want their relationship to be a mature one full of choices that will affect their relationship. A relationship is good in the game as long as it doesn't overshadow every OTHER aspect. I do however want there to be a certain feel of emotion in the game ,but not to lovely dovey.

I want plots and twists that make you think for instance is your own wife against you or something like that.

OH_DragonBoy
09-16-2006, 04:20 AM
I wonder if the wife will play a role simelar to that of her counterpart in God of War. The voice of reason in the midst of chaos - that sort of thing.

Sandwarrior1990
09-16-2006, 09:18 AM
That would be great.. in GoW it worked fantastically http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AdumbroDeus
09-16-2006, 11:58 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">God I miss the old days, when plots were good, when romance wasn't the most important thing in the world and a man concentrated on what he was doing at the time, the time when whipped men weren't invented yet...

Actually, where men and women at all existed, no superficial, shallow boys with their precious little toys... No little girls with the refinement of a plastic bottle who start every sentence with "Ugh, and I was like"...

Pathetic...</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't everyone miss the old days, cause things always seem better on the other side of the fence, don't they?

From what I've seen of men and women, in the good old days men and women were steriotypes with their roles in life preset and little to no chance for change. They were forced to fit into the role of perfect man or women, in spite of their real personality, turning them into superficial frauds.

These days, people might not seem like much, but at least they're more honest, and the harshest truth is better then the prettiest lie.

entropy777
09-17-2006, 12:14 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">People grow into men and women, it's not something that happens naturally over time... And unless they are willing to make an effort to learn something about life, about love, and about the past... They never will, and unfortunately "kids" today don't put a high value on knowledge, nor do they appreciate what has been passed on to them.

Wake me up when they start realizing the beauty of Shakespeare again...</span>

TraceurX
09-17-2006, 03:20 AM
I might find Shakespeare beautiful if it wasn't forced down my throat in school. My English teacher is currently killing my love for 1984, but has already maimed most of Macbeth. I love seeing Shakespeare performed. I saw the Lord Chamberlains Men perform Macbeth, in a marquee, in a storm, and it was amazing. Sitting in class dissecting it, however, is not.

SpyderNynja
09-17-2006, 02:03 PM
off topic but, traceur, you do parkour?! just like me?! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AdumbroDeus
09-17-2006, 09:04 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">People grow into men and women, it's not something that happens naturally over time... And unless they are willing to make an effort to learn something about life, about love, and about the past... They never will, and unfortunately "kids" today don't put a high value on knowledge, nor do they appreciate what has been passed on to them.

Wake me up when they start realizing the beauty of Shakespeare again...</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And? I'll agree with you on that, but what makes a man has little to do with the notions of masculinity traditionally held, and a lot to do with maturity. Same criteria for women, you'll find that traditional values of absolute obedience and the like have little to do with being a women.

A love of learning is important however, and a sign of maturity. Apreciation for great literature such a Shakespear's The Tempast, along with others, is a mark of being a true man or a true woman.

(Now my charms are all overthrown, and what strength I have's my own, which is most faint, now tis true. I must be here confined by you.... ect. Yes, I know the speech by heart, though I do not claim to be able to punctuate it correctly)

Anyway, back on topic, I've been frustrated by the requisit love story often. Yes, if it's important to the story and interesting, do it, bu you don't have to have a tossed together love story in every game/movie/book.

I see little reason for Altair to have a love interest.

That said, female assassins (in the modern sense, not as part of the organization) certainly could play a role. Obviously, they wouldn't be scaling the rooftops and stabbing city officials in broad daylight like Altair, but they would be employed as say, poisoners.

JWelschen
09-22-2006, 08:01 AM
4th. I don't think altair is a lover-boy. It just doesn't sute him. But there has to be a mysterious woman.

entropy777
09-22-2006, 10:43 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">AdumbroDeus, what you're suggesting is essentially a primordial Mata Hari.

My connotations were never meant to imply the moral values or notions of the old world, rather than the knowledge of ones heritage, and I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Now being a game set in the old Jerusalem, imagine an arab community when the whole world was favourable to men, it would be hard for a woman to be accepted doing anything besides the traditional, being an assassin she would most likely be spat on for that.

With the sidenote that no one would suspect a woman, it still wouldn't appeal to the men at the time to have a woman perform a man's tasks.</span>

AdumbroDeus
09-22-2006, 11:25 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">AdumbroDeus, what you're suggesting is essentially a primordial Mata Hari.

My connotations were never meant to imply the moral values or notions of the old world, rather than the knowledge of ones heritage, and I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Now being a game set in the old Jerusalem, imagine an arab community when the whole world was favourable to men, it would be hard for a woman to be accepted doing anything besides the traditional, being an assassin she would most likely be spat on for that.

With the sidenote that no one would suspect a woman, it still wouldn't appeal to the men at the time to have a woman perform a man's tasks.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The muslim world was the most favorable to women at the time period, and in actuallity, the current situation is a backslide.

Women were allowed to work, with their husband's (if applicable) permission. They also defined women's work with signifigantly more precision then european countries (in other words, deferentiating between different manners of performing a task), and european countries certainly had women who acted as assassins, primarily in the manner that I am speaking of.

Additionally, I doubt very many people would be privy to people working as assassins in general, so why would a social stigma really matter to these people?

entropy777
09-22-2006, 12:21 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">A good point, however times and people may change, emotions do not, would you be overly enthusiastic if your significant other were to get involved in a line of work like this one?
Not any implications, however, even these random women, connected to Altair or not being beside the point, would also all have families as the fundamental law of existance is, of course, having parents.

Today in modern society it would be a possibility, but the past was slightly different in that people weren't insane.</span>

terminalShock09
09-22-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm fairly sure I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again...

In the memoirs of Usamah ibn-Munqidh, he mentions several women who either take up arms (as his cousin did) or defend with whatever they had (mentioned by a man who was scarred by a woman's pot), and praises them. This was during the 12th century.
However...
Hasan put a ban on all women in the castle, even his own wife. I don't think he'd be thrilled to have a female working for him.

entropy777
09-22-2006, 03:50 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Women would have the upper hand, seeing how they're not as easily suspected and the fact that most men are hesitant to attack a woman, and the men who aren't are likely to be targets by all parties involved due to their complete lack of morals and dignity.</span>

SpiderFreak
09-23-2006, 04:24 PM
If this game has romance in it, I will cry. Not tears of joy. Tears of overwhleming sorrow.

SF

UnaUuru
09-23-2006, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SpiderFreak:
If this game has romance in it, I will cry. Not tears of joy. Tears of overwhleming sorrow.

SF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<STRIKE>In other words, you heart would be broken.</STRIKE>

You saw nothing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Personally, I can easily imagine an AC without a love interest, and I can also easily imagine an AC with a strong one. I like both. Versatility is the new 1337, in my book.

pop_sot
09-26-2006, 05:05 AM
OMG! ITs gonna be a record breaking business POLL. 66 VOtes have been counted so far. 45 % are in the favour of a mysterious girl role and 44% wants that there should be no Girl in the game. I wish the counting can go 100 votes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif