PDA

View Full Version : Seen some new IL-2 downloads available at Ubisoft shop

Tooz_69GIAP
08-20-2006, 09:51 PM
I dunno if these have been available for a while or not, but it's the first time I've seen them available there on the UK Ubisoft shopping website:

IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles - 9.99
IL-2 Sturmovik Ace Expansion Pack - 4.99
Pacific Fighters - 9.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Ultimate Edition - 24.99

The Ultimate Edition includes all of the IL-2 series, and the Pe-2 "Peshka" add-on.

That's not bad at all I'd say, especially considering the rarity of AEP in many places around the world.

The only question would be, how easy is installation, and what sort of delivery software are they using for these downloads?

Tooz_69GIAP
08-20-2006, 09:51 PM
I dunno if these have been available for a while or not, but it's the first time I've seen them available there on the UK Ubisoft shopping website:

IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles - 9.99
IL-2 Sturmovik Ace Expansion Pack - 4.99
Pacific Fighters - 9.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Ultimate Edition - 24.99

The Ultimate Edition includes all of the IL-2 series, and the Pe-2 "Peshka" add-on.

That's not bad at all I'd say, especially considering the rarity of AEP in many places around the world.

The only question would be, how easy is installation, and what sort of delivery software are they using for these downloads?

VW-IceFire
08-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Probably Boonty I'd imagine. If they have the quirks and bugs worked out then this type of delivery is going to be fairly easy and will be seen more of in the future.

With all of the hostility around it...I didn't find it that bad except for the forced French language thing until you can get into the software and change it. It should ask first. That was from the UK site too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

steve_v
08-20-2006, 10:10 PM
IL2 Ultimate Edition download (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/3041060344?r=3041060344#3041060344)

What "forced French language thing" are you referring to?

VW-IceFire
08-21-2006, 03:31 PM
When I installed Boonty as part of the installation process for Pe-2 the installation and software was all in French. Fortunately I was able to recall the limited French language lessons I had to learn in school and it was enough to get by. I wish the installer had asked, prior to installing the software, what language I wanted to proceed in. Particularly because I purchased from the UK site and not Ubi France.

I thought it was unusual at the time that I had to read in French. Its not a language that comes easily to me despite the years of vocab tests. I'm happy that I did know enough to understand most of what was going on and guessed at the rest of it. Only after the download was complete did I manage to go poking around enough to find in the installed version of Boonty the setting to change language.

I only shudder at people who did not have the benefit of education with the language.

ElAurens
08-21-2006, 06:25 PM
That is odd Icefire, mine loaded straight away in English.

steve_v
08-21-2006, 06:39 PM
The webpage for the Ubistore can be viewed in three different languages; french, german, or english. You select your preference by clicking on one of the national flags at the bottom of the left hand column.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/The_Presz/boonty2.jpg

There should not be a difference between language selected for the UbiStore and the language of the Boonty download. If so, its just one more detail that needs correcting before the next release.