PDA

View Full Version : Taking the game to serious!

Antank
09-25-2010, 09:24 AM
lol anybody tried playing as a long range u-boat without speed up? im planning to do it! how about u guys?

Celeon999
09-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah once it tried to do that. Letting the game run while doing other things at home but... nah.. wasnt as great as the idea sounded. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WilhelmSchulz.
09-25-2010, 05:02 PM
I have heard its been done but I wouldnt want to do that myself.

Antank
09-26-2010, 12:29 AM
lol ok.. im gonna try it... but idk where.. probably speed up till 20 miles from dover and from there real time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Max_Schnell
09-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Yup, I have also tried it. It is difficult to do. Aside from the absolute pressing of my patience (I might have mental problems from it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif)I also had to contend with the occasional "power out". It all just became too much. much. much... much.......much.......mu...m..

Kaleun1961
09-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Well my friend, you must invest in a UPS for your computer. An uninterruptible power supply is an external battery pack that also acts as a surge protector and power filter. If the household power goes off it allows you to continue; after a certain period if the power remains off it can save your open files and perform a proper shutdown of the operating system, even if you are not at the computer. I have one attached to all of my PC's and electronics, such as my PVR. I'd never plug an expensive item straight into an outlet; that way, you are at the mercy of your electrical utility. I know people who have had a computer fried by a power surge, but it is not only power surges that can kill or damage electronics, the daily micro fluctuations in household power can damage delicate components over time. This leads to frustration with users complaining that their computer is a pile of garbage when the actual problem may be from power fluctuations over time. You can buy one for less than $100, to me a prudent item of insurance for valuable hardware and data.

Max_Schnell
09-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Yes Kaleun,

I am still working on the UPS as per a previous conversation that we have had. I absolutely agree with you on that topic (UPS keeps wifey from shutting down game when I refuse her...)

However, I have yet to purchase one. I am unable to run down the street to my local Computer supply etc store. I live a good 90 miles from a store that might even have one. I am still in the market and haven't forgotten about it.

To our friend who wishes to live the reality of days on end without a visual sighting, days of storms and waves. Days?? perhaps even weeks!!! I was just adding another element as to the why it is difficult to "Live the Dream".

I really need to find and acquire this UPS though. I'm sure it would be good for my mental health.

Schnell !!!!!

Kaleun1961
09-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Sorry if I seem to be nagging. I really couldn't recall speaking to you about this subject. I sometimes mention it in general discussions.

We had a 24 hour power outage here in Ontario some time ago. My girls sat in the dark on their laptops, chatting on the internet thanks to my UPS's keeping my network gear online. You can even use them to recharge your laptop battery by transferring the charge. Since I normally use my notebook PC in bed, I have the battery removed and simply plug in to the battery side on the UPS. This saves my battery as it is barely used. I also have a three year old notebook and the battery is still in great shape. Anyhow, enough said about this subject.