PDA

View Full Version : Carguy

x__CRASH__x
12-13-2004, 03:32 AM
Under your sig pic it states the following:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Patch v3.02b?It doesn`t get any worse than this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm wondering what you find worng with the 3.02b? The only reason I ask is because I have to disagree about that "worse" comment. I remember FB 1.1. Holy cripes that was a terrible patch!

x__CRASH__x
12-13-2004, 03:32 AM
Under your sig pic it states the following:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Patch v3.02b?It doesn`t get any worse than this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm wondering what you find worng with the 3.02b? The only reason I ask is because I have to disagree about that "worse" comment. I remember FB 1.1. Holy cripes that was a terrible patch!

carguy_
12-13-2004, 03:37 AM
I mea new dots man.I put stencil buffer,32bit color,no compression,max monitor contrast and still see s_h_i_t.I have big playability problems now and strive not to touch the monitor with my head.

I flew about 36sorties with 3.02b and 80% of the time I find myself outnumbered because of pathetic SA.

This happened maybe 2 on every 10 missions with 3.00 and almost never with 3.01.

3.01 was wunderful but I have to live with 3.02,what else to do?

My opinion on 3.02 stays as it is.

faustnik
12-13-2004, 11:12 AM
The wierd thing is that many see the dots fine. I'm a member of the can't see **** club unfortunatley. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif My only solution so far is a seeing-eye wingman.

BuzzU
12-13-2004, 11:30 AM
The only dots i've ever seen were in 3.01. That didn't last long.

Copperhead310th
12-13-2004, 11:32 AM
The hosts have to "play" with thier dot ranges some. Haveing several "old farts" in our group a few had the same problem. at one point on Warclouds we had the damdest time finding each other...much less the bogeys. I not that big of a problem now. maybe we just got used to it. dunno.

BuzzU
12-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Bad eyesight doesn't get better. There's nothing to get used to.

They could have left the dots big for the offliners, and made them adjustable for online.

That would have made too much sense though.

faustnik
12-13-2004, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Copperhead310th:
The hosts have to "play" with thier dot ranges some. Haveing several "old farts" in our group a few had the same problem. at one point on Warclouds we had the damdest time finding each other...much less the bogeys. I not that big of a problem now. maybe we just got used to it. dunno. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was on Warclouds the other night. The mission was set in the late evening and I literally could not see a target until it fired at me, and even then I just got a general direction. Everybody else could see things fine, it was just me. Padlock is my best friend now.

x__CRASH__x
12-13-2004, 12:58 PM
I'll use PL if it is there, but I've weened myself off of it.

I think 3.01 dots were extreme swing of the pendulum. They looked like giant bumblebees flying around. 3.02 might be a little different/better than 2.04... but not much. I hope Oleg finds a happy median.

LeadSpitter_
12-13-2004, 04:40 PM
The current dots are the way to go, its always been like this and how it should be.

those big dots were just a test, some liked them becuase you can see them any alt and on the deck from 6000m. It took the fun out of the game and many tactics. Dont get your panties in a bunch Its just my opinion. I really hope they dont change them to An-124 Condor sized again from the arcader whines

BuzzU
12-13-2004, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
The current dots are the way to go, its always been like this and how it should be.

those big dots were just a test, some liked them becuase you can see them any alt and on the deck from 6000m. It took the fun out of the game and many tactics. Dont get your panties in a bunch Its just my opinion. I really hope they dont change them to An-124 Condor sized again from the arcader whines <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arcade my butt. Here's hoping you get my eyesight someday.

faustnik
12-13-2004, 05:14 PM
He probably will in 40 years Buzz. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JZG-Pedro
12-13-2004, 06:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:

those big dots were just a test, some liked them becuase you can see them any alt and on the deck from 6000m. It took the fun out of the game and many tactics. Dont get your panties in a bunch Its just my opinion. I really hope they dont change them to An-124 Condor sized again from the arcader whines <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

arcader whines... hmm

you practically live in DF rooms and in the rare times I find you around, you are crying about FMs or anything else you deem unrealistic

I wonder what's your idea of an arcader whine...

CV8_Dudeness
12-13-2004, 09:11 PM
on default settings , the 3.01 dots did stand out in the sky at massive distances , but so what , i STILL bounced people

the really COOL! thing about 3.01 was the way dots showed up against the ground ,&lt;~~ THAT needed to stay

LeadSpitter_
12-14-2004, 12:21 AM
aww pedro is sad cause he likes big dots so has to bash me. Whats wrong with dogfight rooms? I fly bellum as well and coops occassionally but i just dont like waiting 30 min to fly 15 min for everyone to ready up then fly the mission and wait for next. When i want to fly right away I go into virtual pilots, warclouds, greatergreen f16 dedicated.

You trying to tell me those are noob servers? Most skilled players in this game who play for hours and hours are in those servers.

btw nice since when did the p39 become a ufo comment yesterday in warclouds when i killed you and 4 jzgs on your wing with you all in 109ks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif was me in the p39 you were all on bss_vidar in a spitfire all in a under 500m dogfight in a line all on his six.

3 day vacation for harassment?

carguy_
12-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Great,I giggle everytime I see hardcore ace pilot simmers telling everyone how arcade they are and yet I never see them in even one FR coop.

JZG-Pedro
12-18-2004, 03:43 PM
aww pedro is sad cause he likes big dots so has to bash me. Whats wrong with dogfight rooms? I fly bellum as well and coops occassionally but i just dont like waiting 30 min to fly 15 min for everyone to ready up then fly the mission and wait for next. When i want to fly right away I go into virtual pilots, warclouds, greatergreen f16 dedicated.

You trying to tell me those are noob servers? Most skilled players in this game who play for hours and hours are in those servers.

btw nice since when did the p39 become a ufo comment yesterday in warclouds when i killed you and 4 jzgs on your wing with you all in 109ks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif was me in the p39 you were all on bss_vidar in a spitfire all in a under 500m dogfight in a line all on his six.

3 day vacation for harassment? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfff...

I didn't even remember this, but I do remember that it wasn't you who got me. Even if it were, what's the deal? DF rooms are just mess, I was there that day to fool around, that's the place to do it. Like you said, I was all over Vidar, didn't care if I was being tailed or not, and after it I picked another K4 to go TnB with the spitfires. I devote better flying qualities and attention to organized, official or at least realistic games. Btw, Yunus and Kaiser were wreacking havoc in there in A9s, you included, u must have been on dope when u said u shot all of us down.

I never had any problems shooting down you or anyone, I've been in this business for quite long, I've flown and practiced a lot more then I do today, I've proven to myself ( and some others, therefore ) everything I had to prove already.

That's why Im not gonna keep on arguing with you about DFs and V. Wars / Coops, nor drag on this childish skill contest, cuz it's not worth it, we are just gonna cause problems here.

Back to the original topic: I can agree the old dots were a bit exaggerated, as well as what we have now, you just can't see a **** if the dots have the terrain as background.

WUAF_Badsight
12-18-2004, 04:40 PM
dots you could see against the ground were the way to go

far off visibilty was extreme , but you could still track them against the ground

pity that part had to change , ive had planes , as ive watched them diving in front of me , totally vanish

poof , gone magically

not cool dots like that are

the 3.01 dots were cool tho