PDA

View Full Version : B-17 B.S.

Esel1964
05-09-2009, 03:48 AM
When I took my B-17 ride in Dallas,my wife was trying to get pics,and started walking toward the plane as it was taxiing(after blasting her back against the fence,when it turned tail rearward).

Once it was taxiing parallel,some random Dr.,the parent of a kid that was always 'hogging' all the different positions,while the adults were basically waiting in line to make their way forward.You can figure this out,by how long it takes me to make it forward in the videos I posted.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...3110283/m/8451012357 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/8451012357)

Anyway,all these random people were allowed out near the plane,but even though we'd(she'd spent-my anniversary present) laid out basically $500,she wasn't allowed out to get good photos.She even had one of the WWII vet volunteers,that worked at the museum,saying"she deserves to be out there more than most of those people"!

But,disturbingly.and I guess in a way prejudicely,she was kept back from the action shots.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/DMFesel/131500203.jpg

Here's a pic of the main *-hole telling her to get back.And only one of the people seen in the pic had a relative that had also shelled out nearly $500 for a ride,as we did.
The more I think about it,the more P.O.'ed I get! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

danjama
05-09-2009, 03:50 AM
****ing ********s!

CarlingWood
05-09-2009, 04:52 AM
Wow I feel for you, .

Romanator21
05-09-2009, 06:56 AM
That's pretty lame. On my B-17 ride anyone could walk around the plane, even as the engines were running. Maybe they were being cautious but it is a bit excessive. I hope you enjoyed the flight though, and maybe next time, if you plan on doing this again, those guys won't be such poops.

jarink
05-09-2009, 09:25 AM
I try and ignore a$$hats like that. Unless he was directly affiliated with those running the show, I'd step right past him, making a point to ignore anything he's saying. If he was 'official', I'd ask to talk to whomever's in charge of their group or someone from the plane's crew (most times there's two groups - those that run the plane and a local group that sponsors the visit).

Unfortunately, there's nearly always someone like that who feels they are somehow more entitled for the best seats/most access than others.

Zeus-cat
05-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I agree with jarink, its best to ignore these pompous jerks who think there is one set of rules for their friends and another set for everyone else.

AirRanger
05-09-2009, 12:25 PM
For what its worth. Those two solid yellow lines with the two striped yellow lines are "runway hold short markings". Nothing is supposted to be forward of the Solid Yellow lines with out ATC (tower or ground) clearance. So, either he a some sort of blanket clearance or was just being selective on who would get a violationhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I also agree, he was being an A******.

Choctaw111
05-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I didn't know about that Mike. I would have been furious. Here in Reading, no one was allowed close to the B17 during the flight up here in Pennsylvania with the exception of those riding in it. I would have liked for my wife to get some good photos while we were taxiing around before takeoff, but she had to stay behind the fence like everyone else.
Who were those people out in front in your photo, and what makes them so special?
I must agree that if one of the B17 riders, one of them being you, Mike, should be allowed to have someone take photos out in front.

Viper2005_
05-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Probably the best thing to do is take it up directly with the people offering the B-17 rides.

This is clearly very bad publicity for them, given the photographic evidence you have and the large number of views this thread can expect to generate from people who are essentially in the very middle of their "target market".

I would therefore expect them to go out of their way to make things right for you so that you can edit your post to include a "happily ever after" ending to the saga.

Equally, should they fail to take some appropriate action to make things right for you, you can take some satisfaction in the fact that a post to that effect naming and shaming those concerned greatly reduces the chances of people who have read this thread giving money to the organisation in question. At $500 a pop, any missed sales (not to mention donations) will add up rather fast!

I_KG100_Prien
05-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Probably some pompous ***-jack who didn't think a woman deserved to be near a "Machine of War..."

Plus yea- total crap that (if he was official) he was telling her to get back but let all those other yay-hoo's be close like that.

+1 to pushing past the ****** and putting him on "ignore".

Esel, It's too bad there had to be a sour note to what was probably a very neat experience.

Esel1964
05-10-2009, 12:45 AM
I did what Viper brought up,and emailed the organisation -of course,I included the pic-so,we'll see what happens if/when they answer.
I'll keep y'all posted,M8's.

Edit: Removed organisation name.

Tully__
05-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Keep the name of the organisation/airfield authority out of this forum please, Ubisoft aren't likely to be pleased about being involved in any possible legal proceedings.

Esel1964
05-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Tully-I can understand your concerns,but I never intended any legal actions,esp. against a non-profit org;I was just letting them know my feelings.Besides,I thoroughly enjoyed my ride-the events in question took place while I was in the plane-done by one individual on a power-trip.I'd still recommend the group to anyone else for a flight;I'd just say don't let "Mr. Power-trip" bother them,and ignore him.
Regards,Esel

jarink
05-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Besides, it's pretty obvious from the picture of the aircraft who owns it. There aren't that many flyable B-17s painted OD in 91st BG colors.

alphalvr
05-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by jarink:
Besides, it's pretty obvious from the picture of the aircraft who owns it. There aren't that many flyable B-17s painted OD in 91st BG colors.
probally a dumb question but whats `OD`

Esel1964
05-10-2009, 08:27 PM
There are no 'dumb' questions if you don't know the answer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

O.D. means "Olive Drab",in other words,"Army Green". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Esel1964
05-12-2009, 12:51 AM
I got an answer to my email,and they said the guy wasn't one of their crew(which I already was thinking) and was likely a museum staff member.

They said he was likely a museum staff member,and they'd contact the museum.
And noone belonged out there anyway.Which is fine by me,because my whole b*tch has been this guy's obvious 'double standard'.

An idiot on a power-trip,sickening;it would be a different story if everyone was behind the fence,but "Mr. Double-Standard" is what's a thorn under my saddle.

And don't worry Tully,I intend NO legal action against either organization(over something so small,plus they're both non-profit orgs).

Tully__
05-13-2009, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Esel1964:
And don't worry Tully,I intend NO legal action against either organization(over something so small,plus they're both non-profit orgs).
With my moderator hat on, my primary concern was them suing Ubi for allowing bad publicity to be posted here. Unlikely I know, but stranger things have happened.

Esel1964
05-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Tully-I can see where you're coming from.
Regards,Esel

WTE_Galway
05-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Isn't there some sort of major FAA fine to do with the new silly anti-terrorism laws for infringing on resticted areas ?