PDA

View Full Version : What about the western aproaches to scapa flow ?????????

Eggiz
03-31-2005, 05:33 AM
Ive had this game for a week and love it despite it's generally know flaws (milch cows wolfpacks etc....)ut one thing that bugs me (i'ts small but still ) is that the small channels to the west of Scapa flow is filled up (low tide or what ) and i like the prien mission . hope they fix it in a patch among with the other things

C ya Eggiz

Eggiz
03-31-2005, 05:33 AM
Ive had this game for a week and love it despite it's generally know flaws (milch cows wolfpacks etc....)ut one thing that bugs me (i'ts small but still ) is that the small channels to the west of Scapa flow is filled up (low tide or what ) and i like the prien mission . hope they fix it in a patch among with the other things

C ya Eggiz

LPOx
03-31-2005, 07:44 AM
The western channel to Scapa Flow is NOT filled in. I know, I went in that way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifHowever it is not for the faint of heart. You must pretty much run on the surface until you get to the middle channel. Which also means you must wait for rough seas and a night with no moon. It was a harrowing experience to say the least, for someone spots you it is impossible to dive with only 10m under the keel.

one.zero
04-05-2005, 03:05 AM
The charts really need updating.

Names
Ports
Harbors
Coves
Feature names
Depths
Shipping lane charts
something we can make permanant marks and not loose them.
Best of all, how about detail of the ports...lights, entry procedures, jetties, lighthouses etc.

Basicly some realy charts and not this "Atari" version map with no detail and blocky graphichs.

LoboWulf
04-05-2005, 03:22 AM
I agree w/one.zero 100%. I play many turn-based/map based war games, and the map detail is a huge factor in keeping those games viable.

One of the very few complaints I have with SHIII is the maps/charts. Very poorly implemented. I spent about an hour one evening trying to figure out how to get out of a new port I was in (I think it was Lorient). It was dark w/no moon so I needed to have charts I could depend on. Very frustrating indeed!

There is no reason that the charts in this game could not be nearly photo-realistic what with all the easily obtained reference material. But the "Atari style" blocky pixeled "graphics" have got to go.

Dunkelgrun
04-05-2005, 03:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eggiz:

C ya Eggiz <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The channel that Prien came through is on the EAST side of Scapa. And, yes, that is blocked/doesn't exist in the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Cheers!