PDA

View Full Version : farewell dedicated fans

subzero1900
04-14-2006, 12:07 AM
It has come to my attention that nothing was learnt from the mistake that is Lockdown and soon to be Las Vegas (Lame Videogame in the future) I'm sorry to say that I've been in contact with one of the Council members, Nothing is being discused with the Devs, This is just UBI's way of saying hey...were listening (with the subtext NOT!). After recently reading through the "Vague" passages of EGM I have to say, Nothing it Even Remotely describes makes me think of all the GREAT times I had Pubing in UO, all the great ladder matches in RS, this is just another attempt at """"oooh pretty graphics....it must be a great game"""" all show no substance (all graphics no gameplay) were down to 3 members!!! wtf, not even the local PD has this low a number of Police men on a HIGHLY dangerous and HIGH risk situation.

Good luck with this redundant cycle of Let down syndrome, Personally I've had my fill, and GRAW won't see a dime out of my pocket (too bad you delayed it again, that would have been another $1000 extra of fans that were on the breaking point)

to all the fans that are still here pleading,wanting, and hopeing, good luck telling ubi anything and getting it paid attention to. To this date Every thing that has been said has been In VAIN.

AMC_Pace
04-14-2006, 02:34 AM
unfortunatly, it seems you have a point.
GRAW will have the same Server Sitation as Lockdown has, now that let me asume it is a by Ubisoft wanted and planed Situation, so therefore it will be the same in Rainbow Six 5 (working Title)

WhiteKnight77
04-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by AMC_Pace:
unfortunatly, it seems you have a point.
GRAW will have the same Server Sitation as Lockdown has, now that let me asume it is a by Ubisoft wanted and planed Situation, so therefore it will be the same in Rainbow Six 5 (working Title)

BoGRIN,Apr 13 2006, 06:51 PM

Well if you haven't understood it by now: GRIN will keep adding to the MP even AFTER the game is released. Much based on our dediction to the game.

The argument "ASAP, FIX IT !" and so on is getting very boring. This is the best game to hit you in years if you miss out - you'll just be sorry.

There is a big difference in Dedicated server and Dedicated server files. The game ships with a dedicated server (for better preformance) from the menu but not with dedicated server files (for your rack servers and so on.) However such files need to be OUTSIDE OF THE RETAIL GAME - If I have to repeat that I will DIE.

As WK said we've been here for over a year - we've heard the please, please and If not ! I'll not ! Getting very very old.

If you feel you need to say you want somehting in the game say so - but stay clear of the threats - it wont bite at all just make us sick.

Now settle down stop thinking we're idiots and enjoy the ride.

Care to tell me that GRAW will not have a dedicated server feature now? R6 or RS had no special dedicated server files and is still played to this day as is GR and on dedicated servers. Care to explain that?

Yen Lo
04-14-2006, 09:30 AM
ROFL!!! WK thats why we need you here man.

Defuser
04-14-2006, 10:03 AM
While I don't blame you for bailing out on R6:5 at this early stage, as there is no real indication that any of our rants are being listened to (although why they should be listened to is another story...), I don't appreciate the tone with which you regard GRAW.

GRAW will most definitely not be another 'Letdown' as you call it, and the team working on GRAW PC, GRIN, are some of the nicest and most capable people that ever set foot into the arena of tactical FPS. GRIN have been remarkably gracious with the GRAW PC community, listening patiently, communicating openly (apart from when Ubi gags them) and honestly, and always mindful of the concerns expressed by the community. They have gone to great lengths to explain, educate, and interact with the players. Regarding them with the same level of scorn as the developers of Lockdown is not only unjustified, but an insult.

Geiger
04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by subzero1900:
It has come to my attention that nothing was learnt from the mistake that is Lockdown and soon to be Las Vegas (Lame Videogame in the future) I'm sorry to say that I've been in contact with one of the Council members, Nothing is being discused with the Devs, This is just UBI's way of saying hey...were listening (with the subtext NOT!). After recently reading through the "Vague" passages of EGM I have to say, Nothing it Even Remotely describes makes me think of all the GREAT times I had Pubing in UO, all the great ladder matches in RS, this is just another attempt at """"oooh pretty graphics....it must be a great game"""" all show no substance (all graphics no gameplay) were down to 3 members!!! wtf, not even the local PD has this low a number of Police men on a HIGHLY dangerous and HIGH risk situation.

Good luck with this redundant cycle of Let down syndrome, Personally I've had my fill, and GRAW won't see a dime out of my pocket (too bad you delayed it again, that would have been another $1000 extra of fans that were on the breaking point)

to all the fans that are still here pleading,wanting, and hopeing, good luck telling ubi anything and getting it paid attention to. To this date Every thing that has been said has been In VAIN.

You are such a drama queen. The feedback council/community has already made an impact on the development of Vegas, we just can't talk about it yet. They will also impact the PC version greatly.

You have already been warned about doom calling, I don't want to have to warn you again.

WhiteKnight77
04-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Yen Lo:
ROFL!!! WK thats why we need you here man.

You know me. If warranted, I ask everyone (devs included) these kinds of questions. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Deosl
04-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Yes it's true, it's been slow & nothing has happened that we in the council know of around Vegas.

Like Geiger said here was the first I've heard of our feedback actually making it to the dev's table.
All we can do now is play in the infamous "Ubisoft-waiting game"(FREE) untill we get some decent info out of Vegas PC version.

Chill out and enjoy GRAW PC in May 2006.

Yen Lo
04-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Hey Desol, did you coop last night(rvs)? somebody came in the room with the name Desl.

TexasRanger_562
04-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Which server was that?

Also, subzero1900 don't give up so easily. The act of waiting is effortless. Just get Rainbow Six: 5 out of your mind, get on with life, and wait. When it comes out in a year or less you will see it.

And if it's not what you like then don't buy it and forget about the series, which is exactly what I would do also.

But it's just much too early to be defeatist. How do you know your friend had accurate information? Maybe only a few people on the Council have been secretly consulted, so as to not leak crucial elements of the development process.

Deosl
04-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Yen Lo:
Hey Desol, did you coop last night(rvs)? somebody came in the room with the name Desl.
I'm afraid not, haven't played since March.
My guid is however: 1475a53d

Happy Easter.

Dirtydog28
04-15-2006, 12:20 AM
I agree Subzero it has all been disheartening , but with GRAW so close maybe that will reinspire us all.

SODsniper
04-17-2006, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by deosl:

Like Geiger said here was the first I've heard of our feedback actually making it to the dev's table.

I find this quite discouraging.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

DayGlow
04-17-2006, 05:41 PM
We don't have NDA's so they can't share info they aren't ready to release.

spm1138
04-17-2006, 07:02 PM

Hohum. They tried with Lockdown. Too late, but they tried.