PDA

View Full Version : Some controls left out From SH2,and other things.

Cess-SGTRoc
04-09-2005, 11:19 AM
If I remember right you could work the engines sepertly in SH2, you could use the engines to turn the boat in the harbur and to charge the batteries with out moving.
If the setup was real you could charge on the surface with out haveing to move.

And if I do not have this mixed up with another sub sim then why did they change it. I may be wrong on this but I think I am going to load SH2 and see.

Another thing that I miss from SH2 is the ability to tell the helm to steer to a bering, if you had a target locked in the scope or on the UZO, you could tell them to steer to that bearing. It made it easer to make fine tuned headings . With the setup we have now it is very hard to make a heading change of just a few degrees, as the mouse curser is hard to put on the direction wheel at the point you wanted.

Now as I think of it I do not think you had to have a target locked. You could just tell them to turn to the bearing that you had you scope pointed or the UZO. As I would think a Uboat Captian would do anyway to steer the boat while under water.
Some one correct me if I am wrong on this as I will not keep making a fool of myself trusting my memory from a few yeas back and many sims in between.

But the bering issue and not being able to charge the batteries with out moving does not seem correct to me.

Cess-SGTRoc
04-09-2005, 11:19 AM
If I remember right you could work the engines sepertly in SH2, you could use the engines to turn the boat in the harbur and to charge the batteries with out moving.
If the setup was real you could charge on the surface with out haveing to move.

And if I do not have this mixed up with another sub sim then why did they change it. I may be wrong on this but I think I am going to load SH2 and see.

Another thing that I miss from SH2 is the ability to tell the helm to steer to a bering, if you had a target locked in the scope or on the UZO, you could tell them to steer to that bearing. It made it easer to make fine tuned headings . With the setup we have now it is very hard to make a heading change of just a few degrees, as the mouse curser is hard to put on the direction wheel at the point you wanted.

Now as I think of it I do not think you had to have a target locked. You could just tell them to turn to the bearing that you had you scope pointed or the UZO. As I would think a Uboat Captian would do anyway to steer the boat while under water.
Some one correct me if I am wrong on this as I will not keep making a fool of myself trusting my memory from a few yeas back and many sims in between.

But the bering issue and not being able to charge the batteries with out moving does not seem correct to me.

reumatiib
04-10-2005, 02:36 AM
Yeah, they sort of made the captain a TARD in this game. I want to run with electrics on the surface when quiet is required - can't. I'd like to have the commands you mentioned, but can't.
What I really want is a pistol to shoot lazy crewmen with!! It should be that when a crew man ceases to work that once I shoot him the others all jump up and work harder for 48 more hours.

Frederf220
04-10-2005, 02:50 AM
You can charge the batts at 0 kts. That's what recharge/normal modes are for.

altstiff
04-10-2005, 03:59 AM
On the compass, the middle one in the bottom right hand corner, you will see two of compasses, one for the ship (inner) and one for the actual heading you are on (outer).

What ever heading you see in the UZO or BINOS is realative to the ship. So for instance if you are looking at something and it is on a heading of 270 just hit that area of the INNER compass and it will take you to that heading.

Simple enough.

http://www.subsim.com/ssr/sh3_rc1/screens/sh3review1.jpg

MikeJW
04-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Except the numbers are so freakin tiny it's really hard to see them much less finr tune bearing.

Frumpkis
04-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Yeah, they should have found a way to make that compass in the main interface larger. Or maybe a double click mode that would temporarily bring up a larger popup version. Most of the time I only end up on an approximate heading to the one I really want, which is silly.

I was also surprised to see no "change heading to bearing" (and vice versa) commands. That should have been trivial to program, and it's a standard feature in most ship and tank simulations, where you're often looking in a different direction than the vehicle motion.

cynosure1984
04-10-2005, 11:11 AM
yeah, the compass needs to be much bigger, or there needs to be some way to enter in a specific bearing or something I mean c'mon, that thing is tiny.

And dive plane control too please.

pielkop
04-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Two things

1. i am pretty sure that you can control the engines seperately .If you are in the command room behind the helmsman you will see two telegraphs ,one red one green if you right click on the helmsman you will be able to use them .

2. Yes the compass in the interfase is very small .I downloaded a mod that made the numbers easier to read unfortunately it did not mkae the compass bigger but i can read it now .I think i got the mod from subsim.com

Hope this helps

pielkop
04-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Ummm you were right you can't control the engines seperately ,my bad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The_Third_Half
04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Yes

1. Independant Diesel control is a must

2. Dive plain control would be nice.

3. Would love control over the bouyance ballasts.