PDA

View Full Version : Natural Language Advice does not work

RadioSmall
11-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I entered a game in CM GM , and pressed the advice button , it asked me for the number seconds to analyze I have entered various seconds , but there is no analysis or language advive (various points in a game) . And I do have the CD in the computer tray .....

RadioSmall
11-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I entered a game in CM GM , and pressed the advice button , it asked me for the number seconds to analyze I have entered various seconds , but there is no analysis or language advive (various points in a game) . And I do have the CD in the computer tray .....

diskamyl
11-24-2007, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RadioSmall:
I entered a game in CM GM , and pressed the advice button , it asked me for the number seconds to analyze I have entered various seconds , but there is no analysis or language advive (various points in a game) . And I do have the CD in the computer tray ..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

open the annotation window as you go through the moves after the analysis. there WILL be analysis. you just don't know how to do it in CM.

andrewaclt
11-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Natural language advice does work.

Lenard2005
11-25-2007, 08:35 AM
I also have a problem with advice and mentor lines:

When I load a pgn file or bring in a game from the Database, these features only work for one side - either White or Black - but not for both.

Has anybody else seen this?

Lenard2005
11-26-2007, 04:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ebutaljib:
[QUOTE]When I load a pgn file or bring in a game from the Database, these features only work for one side - either White or Black - but not for both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Could you explain what you mean by this?

QUOTE]

Here is what I Mean:

I have a PGN file on my hard drive and I load it into CMGM using the File/load from the Menu. Or, I go to the CMGM database, select a game and then Send it to training.

In both cases, when I start Mentor lines, it will only show the lines for one side. As I arrow in the Game Status window, it steps through the game but only shows the lines for one side. You can see that it is calculating for both sides but only displaying the results for one side.

Lenard2005
11-27-2007, 03:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ebutaljib:
So you set up a position, open mentor lines and you see something as following:

-0.47 21.Nxd4 Nxd4 22.cxd4 Qc7 etc.

What would you expect to see??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it works fine for the first position (for example, for white to move)and shows the best line. Then, when I use the arrow key to move forward one ply (now it is black to move), you can see that it is calculating but no best line is shown. Then I move forward another ply (white to move) it works and shows the best line.

With CMX it would always show the best line for every ply as I moved through the game. But in CMGM is only works for White or Black but not for the other.

This only seems to happen with a game loaded from the hard drive. If I start a new game and enter each move manually, everything seems to work fine - that is is shows the best line after every ply.

I would post a screen shot showing this but the computer where I have CMGM installed is currently having some problems and won't be available for a few days.