PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable Multiplayer Characters

Zokuno
08-10-2010, 09:49 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows if the pre-order characters will be available for download at a later time? I was going to go and pre-order the limited codex edition (which comes with Harlequin and Officer) but I recently found out about the collectors edition which has the Jack-In-The-Box Doctor/Harlequin which I immediately wanted, the only problem is it doesn't come with the characters. So, can anyone help me?

EmperorxZurg
08-10-2010, 09:51 PM
sorry man, not a later DLC. I suspect MUCH later they MIGHT but I highly doubt it. but if you pre-order whatever edition at Gamestop, you still get Harlequin. Officer is at a different store other than Gamestop so that's regardless of edition, but where you buy it.

kashtrey
08-11-2010, 01:36 AM
I wouldn't expect all of the exclusive stuff to be available for at least as long as it took for the exclusive stuff for AC2 to be released as DLC.

It took 3 months or so to get all the Templar Lairs that were AC2's exclusive downloads so I would expect the same.

Though it is possible Ubisoft will try to cash in and offer multiplayer character packs on some monthly type schedule and then offer the single player maps as DLC in three months, but that's just speculation.

ninjasownu
08-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Thats what is stopping me too. I want the doctor jack in the box but I want the harlequin character.

EzioAssassin51
08-11-2010, 01:57 AM
That edition does look pretty awesome!

GariStz
08-11-2010, 05:55 AM
Don't worry. Ubi will cut off AGAIN a little part of the story and later on will release it as a DLC with the already given "bonuses", the 2 secret locations and the multiplayer characters....

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Deathgrim666
08-11-2010, 07:04 AM
yeah the harlequin or officers deals maybe just to get early access but we won't know till the game comes out.

EmperorxZurg
08-11-2010, 10:37 AM
but ninja, you know you still get the Harlequin with that edition right? You get the harlequin if you pre order at Gamestop no matter the edition. You'll still have it.

ninjasownu
08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
gamestop doesnt sell the doctor.

EmperorxZurg
08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
doctor? The doctor comes with game, you don't download him...

magesupermaster
08-11-2010, 04:07 PM
If they do multiplayer and single-player DLC, they should organize them in a nice package.

But alas, I could never buy the DLC(Until I have my own credit card), Because my parents don't trust the Internet...

ninjasownu
08-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
Sorry I meant I want the doctor jack in the box but I also want the harlequin multiplayer skin. So you see my problem?

iLikeBacon
08-11-2010, 05:21 PM
I really would like the harlequin over the officer that we get for pre ordering here in the uk. I would get the codex edish, but I can't afford it.

Sucks for me, eh?

-Bacon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

AK-Flash
08-11-2010, 05:27 PM
And I have to wait until released by Akella

EmperorxZurg
08-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by ninjasownu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
Sorry I meant I want the doctor jack in the box but I also want the harlequin multiplayer skin. So you see my problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the package is available at Gamestop right? What I'm saying is that no matter WHAT edition you get, be it standard or Codex, as long as it's from Gamestop they give you the code for the multiplayer skin. It's not included with that edition because all you have to do is make sure the order is from Gamestop

AK-Flash
08-11-2010, 05:54 PM
interestingly, Gamestop release for Russia?

EmperorxZurg
08-11-2010, 06:11 PM
not sure about Russian differences, but it should be the same for all Gamestops. The thing aired on commercial here saying you get it, at the end of this, it says that all you have to do is pre-order at gamestop. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_XqS9bTGH0&feature=related) Check the commercial airing in Russia to see if it says the same for you.

AK-Flash
08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
just wanted to be in Russian, not English. because I have trouble with English

ninjasownu
08-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninjasownu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
Sorry I meant I want the doctor jack in the box but I also want the harlequin multiplayer skin. So you see my problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the package is available at Gamestop right? What I'm saying is that no matter WHAT edition you get, be it standard or Codex, as long as it's from Gamestop they give you the code for the multiplayer skin. It's not included with that edition because all you have to do is make sure the order is from Gamestop </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont want to get off topic but its a simple concept. I want to obtain the Doctor Jack-in-the box. The doctor jack-in-the-box is only available at places besides gamestop (bestbuy,amazon, ect). Gamestop only sells the harlequin jack-in-the-box but I want Doctor one. I also want the harlequin multiplayer skin. The only way for me to obtain both is to order from amazon and order from gamestop. I order from amazon because they have the Doctor jack-in-the-box and I order from gamestop because they have the harlequin multiplayer skin. I dont have that kind of money to order from two different places. My choice is to order from amazon and not receive the harlequin skin but obtain the doctor jack-in-the-box or order from gamestop and receive the harlequin skin but not the doctor jack-in-the-box.

Deathgrim666
08-11-2010, 09:02 PM
just preorder the doctor one and get the harlequin code from ebay.

EmperorxZurg
08-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by ninjasownu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninjasownu:

the package is available at Gamestop right? What I'm saying is that no matter WHAT edition you get, be it standard or Codex, as long as it's from Gamestop they give you the code for the multiplayer skin. It's not included with that edition because all you have to do is make sure the order is from Gamestop </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont want to get off topic but its a simple concept. I want to obtain the Doctor Jack-in-the box. The doctor jack-in-the-box is only available at places besides gamestop (bestbuy,amazon, ect). Gamestop only sells the harlequin jack-in-the-box but I want Doctor one. I also want the harlequin multiplayer skin. The only way for me to obtain both is to order from amazon and order from gamestop. I order from amazon because they have the Doctor jack-in-the-box and I order from gamestop because they have the harlequin multiplayer skin. I dont have that kind of money to order from two different places. My choice is to order from amazon and not receive the harlequin skin but obtain the doctor jack-in-the-box or order from gamestop and receive the harlequin skin but not the doctor jack-in-the-box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOOHHHHHHHHHhhhhh my bad I thought it was something COMPLETELY different. Have you just asked if you could have the code? The clerks at my Gamestop give codes out to random people sometimes if they get extra, like for Brutal Legend one of my friends bought it late but still wanted the Gamestop guitar so he just asked if he could have it and 15 minutes later he was playing with it

ninjasownu
08-11-2010, 09:49 PM
No problem man. I dont know if this would go here but I saw the topic Multiplayer characters. Tell me what you guys think of this idea. AS you proceed through the campaign and gain achievements or other hidden items you may unlock new skins. Such as rose/Altair/ other characters we have seen the the campaign of AC1,AC2.

EmperorxZurg
08-11-2010, 10:07 PM
oh like Gears of War 2? I'm good with that

Rumble_Strike
08-12-2010, 06:59 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiplayer skin unlocks throughout the single player game.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the preorder multiplayer skins like the Harlequin and the Officer are available as paid-for downloadable content a few weeks after launch.

EzioAssassin51
08-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Rumble_Strike:
I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiplayer skin unlocks throughout the single player game.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the preorder multiplayer skins like the Harlequin and the Officer are available as paid-for downloadable content a few weeks after launch.

Yeah, that's probably the only exclusive that will be released.

Maybe most of the new MP Skins we have heard of (like the Soldier and the Blacksmith) and some of the new ones yet to come, will be unlocked during the campaign, which might be why they are not included in the BETA.

@Ninja - I like the idea (as i am expanding on it), but not story characters...