PDA

View Full Version : Spinning propeller

Darkbluesky
12-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi,

Always that I play FB I think the same: the textures of the spinnings propellers are too dark. Comparing with real life videos (from war or current exhibitions) the propellers are quite more transparent. Now I recall some spitfires, and p-51, corsairs, etc.

Is it possible to make these textures more transparents?

What do you think?

Regards,

darkbluesky

SeaNorris
12-19-2005, 09:34 AM
The props are not a good point in this game, but its harcoded and is nothing to big to worry about.

Freelancer-1
12-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Holy Geezuz, SeaNorris, the sig's a little intense.

Scen
12-19-2005, 10:15 AM
I find them to be pretty close to the real thing actually.

Also remember gun camera footage isn't taken from the cockpit. Most cameras are mounted on the wings.

F0_Dark_P
12-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Freelancer-1:
Holy Geezuz, SeaNorris, the sig's a little intense. it burns my eyes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mortoma
12-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Anybody ever notice how weird the spinning prop animation is for the two versions of Japanese NIK1 George?? Looks like you are looking at a 12 bladed prop, with one blade missing and it has an out of sync strobe shining light on it. I hope they fix this before they make it flyable!!! It will drive some of us nuts!!!

|CoB|_Spectre
12-19-2005, 07:18 PM
It's always interesting to see what things tweak different peoples' sensitivities. The transparency of the props doesn't bother me, but there are a couple of things that do. Namely, the out-of-round effect I see on some props that makes it appear one if the blades is longer than the others and the spin-down time when shutting an engine down. The prop seems to go from idle RPM to fully stopped in less time than the sound of the engine, making the visual out of sync with the audio.

Daiichidoku
12-19-2005, 07:24 PM
also, side-on, the spinning props are wafer-thin, NOT very realistic

but SeaNorris is correct, not a big deal

what rankles me though, is, that close head-on passes do not result in prop-on-prop contact, or prop-on-rudder contact...kinda silly