PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Oleg, please. I want to fly in night sky.

major.kudo
02-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Hello Mr.Oleg.

I think that this problem probably became the center of attention repeatedly in the past.
But, I do this talk once again.
I want to ask you for the alteration about Nav.Light in the case of next update.
There may be some persons who say that it is satisfactory also in the present condition.
But I am not so.
I want to make the missions which fight the light of a searchlight to reliance in a dark night.
However, in the present state, even when discovery of an enemy has no searchlight, it is easy.
It is because Nav.Light has turned on A.I.

As management to this, I make one proposal.
I would like you to add the following items to a missions editor.
http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/kanonenvogel87/imgs/d/4/d40a2f7d.jpg

I need your help. Please.
I want to fly in night sky.

Thank you for having this read.
And I'm sorry in my poor English.

major.kudo
02-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Hello Mr.Oleg.

I think that this problem probably became the center of attention repeatedly in the past.
But, I do this talk once again.
I want to ask you for the alteration about Nav.Light in the case of next update.
There may be some persons who say that it is satisfactory also in the present condition.
But I am not so.
I want to make the missions which fight the light of a searchlight to reliance in a dark night.
However, in the present state, even when discovery of an enemy has no searchlight, it is easy.
It is because Nav.Light has turned on A.I.

As management to this, I make one proposal.
I would like you to add the following items to a missions editor.
http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/kanonenvogel87/imgs/d/4/d40a2f7d.jpg

I need your help. Please.
I want to fly in night sky.

Thank you for having this read.
And I'm sorry in my poor English.

Wolkenbeisser
02-01-2007, 06:45 AM
I hope we will see things like this in BOB.

XyZspineZyX
02-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Oleg will not come here to see if requests or suggestions are being made

Please try to contact Oleg outside of this forum. It bears his name, but it is not the players' direct link to Oleg Maddox anymore and has not been for years

JacksonsGhost
02-01-2007, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB462cid:

Please try to contact Oleg outside of this forum. It bears his name, but it is not the players' direct link to Oleg Maddox anymore and has not been for years </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Posting here might not be read by Oleg himself, but the primary purpose of this forum is stated at the beginning of the stickied "Purpose of Oleg's Ready Room" thread as follows:

Purpose of Oleg`s Ready Room:

1) Dialog with the developer:

a) Questions regarding IL-2 series and future flight simulations.
b) Suggestions for current products and future line of products.
c) Personal questions €" but please, be reasonable

Since this IS the very purpose of this forum it is totally OK to post such requests here. There is even a stickied thread for the purpose.

Oleg may not read your post, but this is where he and the development team, and indeed rival developers also, would come to if they were interested in keeping their customers happy.

Of course cid's post might be correct in that your message may be lost in the crowd or simply ignored. As in any issue if you feel strongly enough about it you can go and bang directly on The Man's door until you get an answer, but it still might not be the answer that you want.

And as for better night missions, yes it's right up there at the top of my list too. Many have asked, but it doesn't hurt to keep asking, and you've even added a constructive suggestion. Thanks for adding your vote to the list Major! Even if 1C ignores you, other developers might take note for future sims.

Waldo.Pepper
02-01-2007, 09:37 PM
How hard can it be to fix?

XyZspineZyX
02-02-2007, 09:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JacksonsGhost:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB462cid:

Please try to contact Oleg outside of this forum. It bears his name, but it is not the players' direct link to Oleg Maddox anymore and has not been for years </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Posting here might not be read by Oleg himself, but the primary purpose of this forum is stated at the beginning of the stickied "Purpose of Oleg's Ready Room" thread as follows:

Since this IS the very purpose of this forum it is totally OK to post such requests here. There is even a stickied thread for the purpose.

Oleg may not read your post, but this is where he and the development team, and indeed rival developers also, would come to if they were interested in keeping their customers happy.

Of course cid's post might be correct in that your message may be lost in the crowd or simply ignored. As in any issue if you feel strongly enough about it you can go and bang directly on The Man's door until you get an answer, but it still might not be the answer that you want.

And as for better night missions, yes it's right up there at the top of my list too. Many have asked, but it doesn't hurt to keep asking, and you've even added a constructive suggestion. Thanks for adding your vote to the list Major! Even if 1C ignores you, other developers might take note for future sims. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, did you actually just pull on your Big Internet Hero cape, and lay down the Law to me?

Let me explain something to you, Mr Forum Policeman:

Oleg Maddox posts things much more frequently over at SimHQ than he does here. Don't beleive me? Check out his newest thread over there about the new default skins

You seem to be missing out of some ORR history, so pull up a bench and now I'll tell you a thing or two about ORR

ORR used to be exactly what you just told me. Besides the point that it was very condescending, insulting, and presumptive of you to try to teach me ANYthing, you don't know your ORR history. Pay attention

Years ago, just like I indicatated clearly in my first post, it was the things you so arrogantly just informed me about. Over the years, this palce became the place to accuse Oleg of various things, and to complain to him endlessly. Oleg posted less and less frequently as a result. Then a few years ago, when PF came out, Oleg stopped posted with any frequency altogether. There is therefore, no guarantee that Oleg will have his attention brought to ANY of the "Oleg plzz" threads here that crop up like weeds after a summer storm

There is an e-mail address that we are supposed to use to contact Oleg and the Dev Team concerning gameplay issues/bugs. Did you know that, JacksonsGhost?

If you did, then what the F are you giving me a hard time for? You know the rules

If you didn't, then keep your tongue inside your head the next time you want to school me about ANYthing, because you don't know what you're talking about and sure as hell shouldn't be telling others what they can post

I tried to get major.kudo the most effective means of getting results, even though I think the issue he describes is not valid- 1) the nav lights are NOT always on at night, and 2) without the nav lights, aircraft are dark blobs at night, which is 100% unrealistic, the intenal combuation engine makes exhaust flare, and jets well, use your imagination if you can

So what happens? Along comes the self-appointed Forum Policeman on his rounds. You give me the rules, you pompous ***? Does this fill some void in your life, trying to make people obey the rules you wish to enforce?

Hey, here's an idea- instead of trying to put other people down, why don't you just try to <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">help</span> other members and leave it at that? You an help without the BS remarks to other people. The little aside to me was completely un-necessary to help major.kudo, and in fact you were replying to me and tossed in a nod to him as an aside, after you tried to put me in my place

Put on some britches that are several sizes smaller, hop off the soapbox, and try to add something to the community without trying to put virtual feathers in your cap by acting like you're the Law around these parts you dolt. I gave somebody else the same advice I gave major.kudo on the same day, and HE got results. All you've done is acomplish *******ery and given major.kudo a clap on the shoulder while garnering zero help. Read this and see what e-mailing does:
my advice = e-mail (http://%5Dhttp://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/8291065214)

Compare my advice to yours, and then tot up the results and post them for me, superstar. What's the results?

Jutocsa
02-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Im not stating you were right or not, but it was a funny read anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

XyZspineZyX
02-02-2007, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jutocsa:
Im not stating you were right or not, but it was a funny read anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put a disclaimer in my signature http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BM357_Sniper
02-02-2007, 03:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JacksonsGhost:

And as for better night missions, yes it's right up there at the top of my list too. Many have asked, but it doesn't hurt to keep asking, and you've even added a constructive suggestion. Thanks for adding your vote to the list Major! Even if 1C ignores you, other developers might take note for future sims. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, did you actually just pull on your Big Internet Hero cape, and lay down the Law to me?

Let me explain something to you, Mr Forum Policeman:

Oleg Maddox posts things much more frequently over at SimHQ than he does here. Don't beleive me? Check out his newest thread over there about the new default skins

You seem to be missing out of some ORR history, so pull up a bench and now I'll tell you a thing or two about ORR

ORR used to be exactly what you just told me. Besides the point that it was very condescending, insulting, and presumptive of you to try to teach me ANYthing, you don't know your ORR history. Pay attention

Years ago, just like I indicatated clearly in my first post, it was the things you so arrogantly just informed me about. Over the years, this palce became the place to accuse Oleg of various things, and to complain to him endlessly. Oleg posted less and less frequently as a result. Then a few years ago, when PF came out, Oleg stopped posted with any frequency altogether. There is therefore, no guarantee that Oleg will have his attention brought to ANY of the "Oleg plzz" threads here that crop up like weeds after a summer storm

There is an e-mail address that we are supposed to use to contact Oleg and the Dev Team concerning gameplay issues/bugs. Did you know that, JacksonsGhost?

If you did, then what the F are you giving me a hard time for? You know the rules

If you didn't, then keep your tongue inside your head the next time you want to school me about ANYthing, because you don't know what you're talking about and sure as hell shouldn't be telling others what they can post

I tried to get major.kudo the most effective means of getting results, even though I think the issue he describes is not valid- 1) the nav lights are NOT always on at night, and 2) without the nav lights, aircraft are dark blobs at night, which is 100% unrealistic, the intenal combuation engine makes exhaust flare, and jets well, use your imagination if you can

So what happens? Along comes the self-appointed Forum Policeman on his rounds. You give me the rules, you pompous ***? Does this fill some void in your life, trying to make people obey the rules you wish to enforce?

Hey, here's an idea- instead of trying to put other people down, why don't you just try to <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">help</span> other members and leave it at that? You an help without the BS remarks to other people. The little aside to me was completely un-necessary to help major.kudo, and in fact you were replying to me and tossed in a nod to him as an aside, after you tried to put me in my place

Put on some britches that are several sizes smaller, hop off the soapbox, and try to add something to the community without trying to put virtual feathers in your cap by acting like you're the Law around these parts you dolt. I gave somebody else the same advice I gave major.kudo on the same day, and HE got results. All you've done is acomplish *******ery and given major.kudo a clap on the shoulder while garnering zero help. Read this and see what e-mailing does:
my advice = e-mail (http://%5Dhttp://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/8291065214)

Compare my advice to yours, and then tot up the results and post them for me, superstar. What's the results? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

errrmm, someone has a complex http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

LEXX_Luthor
02-02-2007, 05:10 PM
JacksonsGhost:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And as for better night missions, yes it's right up there at the top of my list too. Many have asked, but it doesn't hurt to keep asking, and you've even added a constructive suggestion. Thanks for adding your vote to the list Major! Even if 1C ignores you, other developers might take note for future sims. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Good call! My fave example is the cancelled sim Target For Tonight, RAF vs Reich defense, which was being designed around night flying and night combat, until it died.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Target For Tonight interview ~&gt; http://www.womengamers.com/interviews/t4t.php

page 2...
<span class="ev_code_yellow">Cat</span>: How will you be able to portray a night-time flying game? Won't the player get lost in a sea of black? What'll she see in-game? Will tracers have different colours, like in IL-2 Sturmovik, for example?

<span class="ev_code_yellow">Eddie</span>: This is a very common concern, but I don't believe it should be a problem. Even on a moonless night there is some light, it's just you don't tend to notice it when you're surrounded by bright lights because your night vision is ruined. If you're stuck in the dark for hours on end, you'll find that you can actually see a remarkable amount. We're going to model night adaption, so if you have a large explosion close in front, you may find that your vision is temporarily impaired. Also there will be the Aurora Borealis (we thought of it before Microsoft announced it was in FS2002!), accurate stars to allow for navigation, fire, tracers, flak, searchlights, flares, "FIDO" (a system to clear fog where perforated pipes were laid alongside runways, filled with petrol, and then set alight!), and so on. It will be far from dull! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That would have been Awsim!

XyZspineZyX
02-02-2007, 06:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BM357_Sniper:

errrmm, someone has a complex http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, somebody isn't a doormat who won't be taken to task because he tried to get another member the most effective help possible. If you let folks push you around verbally or otherwise, that's your business

JacksonsGhost
02-03-2007, 04:24 AM
Hey cid,

No personal offence was intended, in fact I gave you credit for a fair suggestion, so I suggest you dry your eyes and take those chips off your shoulder mate.

And I stand by what I said. The "bug report" email is intended for bugs, not suggestions for improvements, but if you get results that way I say go for it.

Cheers

SeaFireLIV
02-03-2007, 05:29 AM
I dunno why Oleg doesn`t fix the AI lights on in battle at night thing. In fact, Ai should not have lights on within ANY kind of distance to the enemy area -as it is, they tend to switch their lights off at close range and back on just after leaving close range. Even then, like with me, enemy bombers refused to turn their lights off, even when being shot to pieces.

Their must be a better way to do this. If Oleg is scared it`ll be too unfair to the player since AI can see through the dark, why not just automatically cut Ai enemy skill right down at night so the enemy miss the player as much as the player does?

I`ve also heard that enemy bomber planes tended to give off an exhaust light flare? I`m not sure, but some kind of indicater to their position in the dark?

Whatever, I would prefer to struggle at night against enemy bombers that LOOKED like they were wise enough to turn off their lights!

WWSensei
02-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Hey cid,

No personal offence was intended, in fact I gave you credit for a fair suggestion, so I suggest you dry your eyes and take those chips off your shoulder mate.

And I stand by what I said. The "bug report" email is intended for bugs, not suggestions for improvements, but if you get results that way I say go for it.

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not wanting to get in the pissing side of the match, but Oleg has stated many times--forum requests have little impact. He only really pays attention to the bug report email address for ANYTHING--bug or not. Put another way, if it's posted in the forum there is less than a 1% chance it will be read by 1C much less acted on.

If it's emailed it is guaranteed to be read. About 75% of the time you'll actually get a response (even if it's 'No').

Just the reality of what has happened over the years and Oleg's frustration at this and other forums.

Don_X
02-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Think I recall reading something about setting the Time of Day (Night? was it later - like 05:00) would keep nav lights off)

anyway cant remember the source or details, but with some experiment you may be able to find it.

Most annoying when your AI compadres give you away on a stealth coop.