PDA

View Full Version : Osprey's LaGG & Lavochkin Aces of World War 2 (Aircraft of the Aces 56)

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 06:40 PM
Coming out in November, you can have Osprey email you when it's available to order.

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/title_detail.php/title=S6097

-------------------------------------

In the struggle for labour resources the (German) air ministry was at a considerable disadvantage politically, since labour recruitment and allocation was controlled by agencies directly linked to the army, and unsympathetic to Luftwaffe demands. During 1942 the number of workers allocated rose hardly at all despite the large numbers drafted in from Europe. Over the whole period the army continued to recruit skilled workers even in the protected factories. In all the aircraft factories an average of between 45 and 50 per cent of the workforce was composed of foreign labour by the end of the war.

Professor Richard Overy, The Air War 1939-45

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 06:40 PM
Coming out in November, you can have Osprey email you when it's available to order.

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/title_detail.php/title=S6097

-------------------------------------

In the struggle for labour resources the (German) air ministry was at a considerable disadvantage politically, since labour recruitment and allocation was controlled by agencies directly linked to the army, and unsympathetic to Luftwaffe demands. During 1942 the number of workers allocated rose hardly at all despite the large numbers drafted in from Europe. Over the whole period the army continued to recruit skilled workers even in the protected factories. In all the aircraft factories an average of between 45 and 50 per cent of the workforce was composed of foreign labour by the end of the war.

Professor Richard Overy, The Air War 1939-45

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 06:46 PM
"and proved far better fighters than their radial-engined predecessors"

What?

humm.. on the book cover there seems to be a LA-7 shooting down a ME-262.. so ME-262 were activily used on EF?

Official Sig:

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez4.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Vipez- wrote:
- "and proved far better fighters than their
- radial-engined predecessors"

I-15, I-16, etc.

- humm.. on the book cover there seems to be a LA-7
- shooting down a ME-262.. so ME-262 were activily
- used on EF?

Many ME-262s were stationed around Berlin. The Eastern Front came closer to Berlin than the Western Front ever did.

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 07:32 PM
When you look at the lists of aircraft types shot down by units and individual pilots on the Eastern front, you will see a few Soviet victims among the jetfighters' tallies. Conversely, you will also see a few German jet kills among the Soviet tallies. Also, the bomber version of the 262 was used on the Eastern front.

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Vipez- wrote:
- "and proved far better fighters than their
- radial-engined predecessors"
-
- What?
-
- humm.. on the book cover there seems to be a LA-7
- shooting down a ME-262.. so ME-262 were activily
- used on EF?

M-r Vipez,don't you believe that in spring of 1945 Ivan Kozhedub with his La-7 send a Me-262 in hell??
This is the truth you have to believe it...!!!
P.S. And he wasn't the only one who did this.....

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 10:09 PM
Osprey has already released a volume on Soviet Aces which is available now, but this new one on Lagg and La pilots is by a different author. That's a hopeful sign, since Osprey has taken to recycling old material under new titles in the last few years.

I'm looking forward to its release.