PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap chest capture is awesome.

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Love it. Great job on this mode. It is a fantastic mix of emphasis on free running (IE rushing to targets to prevent them from scoring, or rushing to the chest), and stealth (IE not being detected around the chest, or stealthing near it to defend it)

W.E.S.P
01-18-2011, 06:07 PM
couple of questions.

How many chests are their at any 1 time?
How do you know where the chests are located?
Whats it like on the other maps?
Do pursuers wait for the hunters or go after them?

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
couple of questions.

How many chests are their at any 1 time?
How do you know where the chests are located?
Whats it like on the other maps?
Do pursuers wait for the hunters or go after them?

3 chests at a time.

People going after the chests can always see them (there is a UI marker indicating their location). People defending the chests I think can only see the UI marker when the chest is in their line of sight, or a teammate's line of sight

The new map is pretty cool. Only played one round in it but it feels like 1 player Rome - as in, more "open".

Pursuers stop their targets (ideally) before they get to their chests. The best way to win is to kill your targets quickly and efficiently, before they can grab any chests.

Stealth kills are still better, but you do want to get to your target or a chest location ASAP.

Zoidberg747
01-18-2011, 06:34 PM
I hate microsoft

x3MTA3xHelviaNx
01-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Can't wait to get back online and play this!

HikaruFire
01-18-2011, 06:46 PM
yea is pretty sweet.

it takes team work to a hole new lv.

obliviondoll
01-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Sounds awesome.

Can't wait to see it here.

Jack-Reacher
01-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Sounds like a crap time to lose internet for my PS3...

HiTs4rMaBonG
01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Bleh. XBL should be ashamed :"(
I wanna play.

Soviet_Mudkip
01-18-2011, 08:27 PM
anyone else find it ironic that PS3 got the update before Xbox? lol

papartusedmcrsk
01-18-2011, 08:36 PM
I have to say, chest capture is not how I thought it was going to be done, but still thoroughly enjoyable.

One or two complaints, if I may:

Erased profile sets again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Annnnnnnnnnd you can't play on MSM unless you disable Pienza.

Other than that(and those are tiny little hiccups), great Add-On.

Zoidberg747
01-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Soviet_Mudkip:
no, why is it ironic, microsoft sucks at releasing stuff on time compared to sony

DaVe_RoCk_
01-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by papartusedmcrsk:
Annnnnnnnnnd you can't play on MSM unless you disable Pienza.

Soorry about my ignorance but whats MSM? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Mont Saint Michael.

DaVe_RoCk_
01-18-2011, 08:53 PM
NOoOoOoO!!! really you cant play on MSM unless disableing Pienza? ohh thats sht

papartusedmcrsk
01-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Mont St. Michel.

Zeke speaks the truth.

For a hot second I thought there would be no Adv. Alliance on Pienza and no Chest Capture on MSM. But then I hit play now and got kicked into Adv. Alliance on Pienza. *wipes brow in relief*

El Zo1212o
01-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Zoidberg747:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soviet_Mudkip:
no, why is it ironic, microsoft sucks at releasing stuff on time compared to sony </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nonsense. They update the offerings on the marketplace every Wednesday. Check it tomorrow between 9am and noon.

zain_mastron
01-18-2011, 09:05 PM
If you can't play Mont. St. Michel when Pienza is enabled, how do you disable Pienza?

Not that I would want to. I hate MSM.

papartusedmcrsk
01-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by zain_mastron:
If you can't play Mont. St. Michel when Pienza is enabled, how do you disable Pienza?

Not that I would want to. I hate MSM.

In the MP Menu, scroll all the way to the left/bottom to Options then it is under Downloadable Content. Let's you switch to Animus Update 1.0 or 2.0

-EDIT-

And yes, MSM is dreadful, so I will be keeping 2.0 thank you very much.

And nice sig. Love the fan.

zain_mastron
01-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks! For all comments!

Strange you can't have both 1.0 and 2.0 running both at once.

Any reason stated as to why?

E-Zekiel
01-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Not as far as I know, but I would be interested to know.

Auditorexxx
01-19-2011, 01:50 AM
Cant wait to play it. Sounds great!

W.E.S.P
01-19-2011, 04:55 AM
Ive only played once but what i did play i didnt like. Im sure and hope that that will change soon though when people start adding skill to it. It was all over the place, people just runing everywhere and randomlu killing anyone who was in range for the capture.

Edit

Got to add that i didnt like MH on my first couple of goes either.

STYJ
01-19-2011, 05:43 AM
I'm hoping i can download this tomorrow morning . Hopefully it'd be out by then . Then i'll be glad to play with you again (:

Kenpachi_cable
01-19-2011, 06:15 AM
@W.E.S.P:

Yeah, I agree about that. It was all over the place, but I found it a fun and refreshing change of pace. It's very difficult to find the Hunters what with the compass freaking out and whatnot.

Disguise is the single most effective Ability though!

Maybe TV would be more useful? But with the long cool-down, maybe not?

In any case: This is a very fun game!

And I'm glad MSM is disabled while Pienza is active: Imagine Chest Capture on MSM.

LeatherDaddy
01-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
Ive only played once but what i did play i didnt like. Im sure and hope that that will change soon though when people start adding skill to it. It was all over the place, people just runing everywhere and randomlu killing anyone who was in range for the capture.

Edit

I agree. I hated my first match, mainly b/c I was playing with randos and every runs around like idiots. It was a little better playing with friends that could get coordinated, but I'm still not too sure if I liked it all that much. It definitely isn't as stealthy...

PSN: LeatherDaddy

W.E.S.P
01-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by ngfritch:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
Ive only played once but what i did play i didnt like. Im sure and hope that that will change soon though when people start adding skill to it. It was all over the place, people just runing everywhere and randomly killing anyone who was in range for the capture.

Edit

I agree. I hated my first match, mainly b/c I was playing with randos and every runs around like idiots. It was a little better playing with friends that could get coordinated, but I'm still not too sure if I liked it all that much. It definitely isn't as stealthy...

PSN: LeatherDaddy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think organised teams should dominate on this against randoms. I have managed to play with a few people who knew what they were doing and it turned out to be pretty good. I didnt realise we got a night version of Pienza. Buzzin about that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Its like everything else, just got to get use to it.

ian1706
01-19-2011, 09:03 AM
To anyone with an Xbox that thinks the dlc isn't out yet, you have to download it from the game marketplace not the Assassins Creed in-game menus because for some reason it isn't showing up on them.

Zoidberg747
01-19-2011, 10:14 AM
yes it is, My rage is officially over http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Outlawx2010
01-19-2011, 11:03 AM
I have them both running at the same time. I don't know where all that is coming from.

WIDOMKR383
01-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Has anyone made a video of the chest capture (other then the obvious teaser video). I have played on the new map both day and night versions, I love the colors and the layout. I do miss MSM but hopefully they will allow use of both maps without toggling back and forth. Anyways after my rambling I would love to see a video of this chest capture.

Mr_Shade
01-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm trying to see if I can find out the reason for having to choose which DLC you play from the team..

In the mean time though - please do continue to post your feed back it's very much appreciated - and the Dev Team do read it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KraNkIt
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Chest is somewhat.... new and strange. It's true that there's a lot of running but that's not my concern (everyone playing a lot knows by now that you have to balance running and stealth, otherwise you'll never get any kills), it's more the last chest part where it's a bit too much of confrontation... What's the fun in trying to get a chest when there's 4 protectors around it and that their kill button functions much better than the stun one? Abilities will help but I find it not as satisfying as Wanted and a less stealthy Manhunt.

I also hated MSMichel at first but kicked *** so often on it lately that I love it! It's big but I try to get everyone to the plaza in the front of the church where a guy is screaming "news". Yes, chest would be crappy on that map though but I really hope that we don't really need to disable a DLC or the other to play the different maps...

ElliottLam
01-19-2011, 12:06 PM
lol woke up at 3am (NZ time) to download this and watch the 3DS press conference. It's 8am now and i've just stopped playing, it's so good!!!

El Zo1212o
01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ElliottLam:
...watch the 3DS press conference...
WoahwoahWOAH! Why wasn't I informed of this?!

And Zoidberg? Tolja so.

Mr_Shade
01-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Please check the announcement forum for a full list of Ubisoft's announced 3d games for the Nintendo 3DS.

Lets keep this thread on topic please though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ElliottLam
01-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by ElZo1212o:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElliottLam:
...watch the 3DS press conference...
WoahwoahWOAH! Why wasn't I informed of this?!

And Zoidberg? Tolja so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL you missed it? Not a big deal though, Price is US$250 and it relesases March 27th. Ubi have got about eight launch titles and not one of them is Assassin's Creed related http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

PinkishLeaf
01-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Got it today, profiles got reset agaain but no biggy given the last 2 days. Chest seems pretty good, maybe a little too fast-paced (especially on Player matches with randoms) but I certainly like the idea.

I agree with Krankit, maybe the respawns of the chests should be on a timer linked to each chest rather than when all 3 are captured. Think I need to rejig a few profile sets to get into it. Not had the chance to play Pienza yet but looking forward to it.

RogerRamjet99
01-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Pienza is an excellent map. A central undercover marketplace, perfect for sneaky morphing, or ariel templar vision alike. Lots of covered areas, and loads of high rolling leaping areas too. It's one of my faves. Shame you can't play St Vincent or whatever its called at the same session though..

Rainie
01-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:
Has anyone made a video of the chest capture (other then the obvious teaser video). I have played on the new map both day and night versions, I love the colors and the layout. I do miss MSM but hopefully they will allow use of both maps without toggling back and forth. Anyways after my rambling I would love to see a video of this chest capture.
I have some vids from matches from last night and will be recording some more tonite if you want me to upload some

ninja_7_7
01-19-2011, 01:25 PM
So far the first game I played I got spawned camped. Awesome. 6 deaths in a row. In a row means back to back. I spawned and an officer would be there and I kept spawning in the same place!!!! Hate this game mode so far.

WIDOMKR383
01-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:
I have some vids from matches from last night and will be recording some more tonite if you want me to upload some </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feal a little foolish asking but you would be a peach if you did. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ZoneofEnderz
01-19-2011, 02:15 PM
This game type made me start to think that in team games it would be nice if when you stunned an attacker they were forced to respawn. Reason being if you stun two + the original can get up and kill you. When you are in a confined area waiting for the chest to capture this is a real problem. I also think this would be good on the other gametypes. It would really force attackers to be a bit more cautious also.

GibsonD90
01-19-2011, 02:32 PM
I enjoy the game mode thus far, but I feel like it does need some tweaking. I feel like the killing is too easy for the players defending the chests. Maybe it's because everyone just runs to the chest. Maybe points should still be given for blending, so one could blend their way to the chest.

Rainie
01-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:
I feal a little foolish asking but you would be a peach if you did. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Naw don't feel that way http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif check out my channel tomorrow and there should be a couple vids up

Tragic_Jonson
01-19-2011, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:
QUOTE]
I have some vids from matches from last night and will be recording some more tonite if you want me to upload some

how do u record your games? and whatever it is I need, do u think i'd be able to get it here in Australia? :P I'd like to record some of my games just in the off-chance that i have a somewhat remarkable match someday

Kenpachi_cable
01-19-2011, 02:42 PM
The thing that really really messes me up is the compass going bat-crap insane when the defender is near a chest. I can get 3000+ points easy going after chests, but only end the game with like... 4100 points.

Maybe I don't play Advanced Wanted enough?

Grygier
01-19-2011, 03:23 PM
it's not bad. It's a pure runners mode once i realized that I started to get the hang of it and began being useful.

shame that with every DLC the game caters to free running and losses stealth.

oh well no point of complaining... i've give it time see if it grows on me.

DannyStrong
01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
I like how the new game mode makes you use a different set of abilities. Abilities like disguise aren't so useful in manhunt or wanted, but it's perfect for this mode (btw, a "long disguise" is about the perfect time for an entire chest capture timer if you can move in quietly).

The only thing I think they should change, is that you should be desynched if you get stunned in chest capture mode. This is particularly a problem when there is only one chest left and all 4 protectors are defending the area. It's just impossible to get a leg in for more than a few seconds, and the number of points that chest will give you isn't really worth the risk of death. In fact if youre winning I think it'd ever be a better idea to hide from the protectors than to continue getting chests.

Rainie
01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by grygier:
it's not bad. It's a pure runners mode once i realized that I started to get the hang of it and began being useful.
I'd have to disagree, though there is still a lot of running you can still use stealth tactics. If it were a pure runners game you wouldn't be able to steal chests as you have to stand in it's radius for a certain amount of time to capture it. If everyone was running then no chests would be captured.

My playstyle relies a lot on stealth to score big and I haven't found the need to be constantly running while playing

J4mes4125
01-19-2011, 05:10 PM
I've only played one game of chest capture so far so I'm not going to pass judgement just yet but my first opinions wherent great.

It seemed a little fast paced for me I was Enjoying the defense round when I could move at my own pace. But when attacking every time I slowed down I got rushed by the enemy team or reached a chest just to see it disapear.

E-Zekiel
01-19-2011, 05:13 PM
I would call it a game of urgency, not just "running" Stealthing efficiently and moving quickly. Making the absolute most of your time.

To the above poster - I feel rushed on both sides of the fence, I am not relaxed when defending the chests, lol. I am running around looking for their location usually and then hang out by it while blending.

J4mes4125
01-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I would call it a game of urgency, not just "running" Stealthing efficiently and moving quickly. Making the absolute most of your time.

To the above poster - I feel rushed on both sides of the fence, I am not relaxed when defending the chests, lol. I am running around looking for their location usually and then hang out by it while blending.
I couldent relax they kept coming straight to me lol.

What I meant was other than the times I wasnt near the chest or I got stunned I didnt have to go any faster than fast walk Which is exactly how I like it. When attcking however Once I knew where the defenders where I headed to the furthest away chest then I'd see one tailing me and if I went for a stun I'd have to run before he got back up or his freinds showed up.

If I didnt go for the stun I'd reach the chest and have to carry on going or give myself away and usually get killed.

Tbh I prefer wanted to team modes anyway.

xCr0wnedNorris
01-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Wish I could play, but I can't during the week because of school... **** school...

Aqueous12
01-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by grygier:

I have to disagree with this as well. I've played a good few chest capture games now and I can say that pure runners lose in that game type for much the same reason they lose in other game types.

For example, one thing that people don't seem to realize is that even though as the protectors you're trying to defend the chests and all, you're still trying to score points yourself. Quality of kills still matters in chest capture. And I think thats where the real skill comes in, if you can run to get in position but still pull off a hidden + incognito kill.

QuickBrittle
01-19-2011, 06:24 PM
I tried a few matches today. I liked it better than Manhunt, but, team games in AC:B just aren't for me.
Back to Wanted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SimDuff
01-19-2011, 07:40 PM
I love this mode as well! Nice change of pace to the other modes. Although now we need more profiles!

E-Zekiel
01-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by SimDuff:
I love this mode as well! Nice change of pace to the other modes. Although now we need more profiles!

QFT! I need two more profiles. One for chest capturing and one for chest defending.

papartusedmcrsk
01-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Hmmmm. I actually had only four builds occupied.

My fifth is now called Chest, and is for Protecting. My Hunting is my Everything build(Smoke/Mute).

gothpunkboy89
01-19-2011, 08:13 PM
the basic idea is nice. capture the chest bit. i really don't like how i'm not getting lure points though. 3 times while blended it said that pursuer killed a civilian yet no lure points for that?

and camping is an issue with this as some including me feared might be. i can't remember the lvl but there is a chest near a rose bush. guy was hiding in it the whole time.

nightpriestess
01-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by QuickBrittle:
I tried a few matches today. I liked it better than Manhunt, but, team games in AC:B just aren't for me.

Same here but that's not saying much, I tried some games but really disliked it.

ZoneofEnderz
01-20-2011, 04:32 AM
If you have a team communicating I feel like this is the best mode. What makes it special is if you can discover a chest before it is captured and get your team there to defend it. Honestly I think that part of it is so fun it should really be more focused on that instead of a modified manhunt. Why not make it so defenders know where the chest is but if they get stunned they have to respawn. The attack and defense portion of this is really the best part.

WIDOMKR383
01-20-2011, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:
Naw don't feel that way http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif check out my channel tomorrow and there should be a couple vids up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for posting vids http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif now it makes a little more since. (Never played it but wasn't sure how it worked.)

Rainie
01-20-2011, 12:41 PM
No problemo, I think Shenmue and Squiiddish are posting vids too so look out for those

KushKonquerer
01-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I still havent tried chest capture, I want to but I aint got a good team to party up with.

Grygier
01-20-2011, 01:53 PM
i neat tactic...

If you see a teammate near the chest get some high ground and away from the desynchronization most people run towards the chest so you can spot them easily and lock on.
this way even if he uses disguise or blends he is a goner.

I think they boosted the aerial range kills.. has anyone noticed this?.. or am i going crazy?

to my previous post- not a pure runners mode but yeah a lot of it haha.

now if they would consider desynchronization into a wanted mode http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mutley_Rulz
01-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Hnuhh? Is this a new DLC?

Rainie
01-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Yup new mode, Chest Capture, and new map, Pienza

Tragic_Jonson
01-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by QuickBrittle:

I have to agree with ya there- Its nice for something different, but still prefer wanted over team modes. I don't like how u can stun your pursuer but then u gotta run away or else they can just get up again and kill u. Also don't like how your whole team has to be the same templar so your target can pick u out pretty easily.