PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Will Relive the Memory of S16 In ACIII.

catkiller97
12-30-2011, 04:37 AM
Just Watched The Leaked Video.

You remember when 16 "saved" Desmond? Screaming that "what is man if no sum of his memories"? I believe 16 then put his memories into Desmond "file". Not his consciousness, but only memories. He finished his mission. He give William Miles information he gathered in Abstergo. About Lucy, about Animus, about everything.

catkiller97
12-30-2011, 04:47 AM
Sorry For double posting,edit is not working.

We will also be able to relive 16 past.

Jamison_J_B
12-30-2011, 06:52 AM
IMO I think it's going to just be Desmond, in modern times. I have a few reasons behind this.

SPOILERS (?) (In White)

1) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Alexandre Amancio did say in one of the ACR interviews that at the end of revelations, the time and location of AC III will be obvious.</span>

2) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Alexandre Amancio also said that with 2012 right around the corner, they want to rap up the desmond story, because they didn't think it would be good to have a player play a "modern" timeline, when it has already past.</span>

3) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">At the end of ACR it is suggested that "the world" is open to Desmond via William Miles hand gesture.</span>

YuurHeen
12-30-2011, 07:01 AM
dont think so.

brick177
12-30-2011, 07:04 AM
Alexandre Amancio did say in one of the ACR interviews that at the end of revelations, the time and location of AC III will be obvious.

Revelations isn't done yet. We have the two reconstructed pillars on the animus island for DLC. And the recently decoded audio files from the PC version tell a lot about what that DLC will reveal.

dAnNyKiLlZ
12-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Seems plausible.. either way I can't wait to find out already :P

Btw that thread is gone lol.

kriegerdesgottes
12-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by dAnNyKiLlZ:

lol I see that, good thing I downloaded the entire thing already. Also if you search Assassins Creed Revelations in google and search news, someone already wrote an article about it with the video above it. It must be important if it's been removed.

CkSwtos
12-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Most likely we will play only as Desmond in AC3. The whole memory reliving thing is just to understand our past and learn about the human origin. Desmond learned about all this through his ancestors. However much remains to be done like that little think... saving the world. No one can say that one can save the world by being strapped into a machine seeing shadows of the past, reliving forgotted lives. Desmond will be an active assassins with world saving as his goal. So if he is to learn anything about 16, he is going to via something like Clay's Journey (DLC). AC3 has to have nothing to do with memory reliving or the game scenario wil be spoiled in my opinion.

rileypoole1234
12-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dAnNyKiLlZ:

lol I see that, good thing I downloaded the entire thing already. Also if you search Assassins Creed Revelations in google and search news, someone already wrote an article about it with the video above it. It must be important if it's been removed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best way for Ubi to tell us that it's real is to remove it.

EscoBlades
12-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dAnNyKiLlZ:

lol I see that, good thing I downloaded the entire thing already. Also if you search Assassins Creed Revelations in google and search news, someone already wrote an article about it with the video above it. It must be important if it's been removed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best way for Ubi to tell us that it's real is to remove it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or its just straight up copyright infringement. I issue DMCA takedowns on youtube almost daily. Doesn't mean the stuff i get taken down is of any importance beaides being my own creation which the uploader had no permission to upload.

All that audio could have a completely different purpose than that which you are suggesting. Just bear that in mind http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

kriegerdesgottes
12-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Could be but according to the article I read earlier today about it, it's some file that some kid found on his PC version of the game. So that has some significance.

EscoBlades
12-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Could be but according to the article I read earlier today about it, it's some file that some kid found on his PC version of the game. So that has some significance.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/20...r-revelations-outed/ (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/12/30/rumour-on-disc-dlc-for-revelations-outed/)

They could be discarded audio files which didn't make the final cut. They could end up serving no further purpose. They could be DLC audio. They could be lines from the next game. And they could be red herrings. At this point, we are all guessing really. That was my point http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

kriegerdesgottes
12-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

They could be discarded audio files which didn't make the final cut. They could end up serving no further purpose. They could be DLC audio. They could be lines from the next game. And they could be red herrings. At this point, we are all guessing really. That was my point http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed :P whatever it is, it sure is interesting lol.

ShaneO7K
12-30-2011, 02:26 PM
In the Desmonds Journey Teaser Trailer there was the list of codes shown one of which had S16, while the others were Desmonds. There was also a room with more S16 blood which said stuff about Lucy and other things. I can't remember if this room was shown during the Desmonds Journey levels, if it wasn't this could possibly what the Audio Files are for....or the room was just cut from the final game.

kriegerdesgottes
12-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
In the Desmonds Journey Teaser Trailer there was the list of codes shown one of which had S16, while the others were Desmonds. There was also a room with more S16 blood which said stuff about Lucy and other things. I can't remember if this room was shown during the Desmonds Journey levels, if it wasn't this could possibly what the Audio Files are for....or the room was just cut from the final game.

Good point I did notice that whatever room he was in was never shown in the game but Desmond's appearance also changed since then so I figured they just changed things but that is true about the room and the subject 16 file too.

CkSwtos
12-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

I think you mean the part that shows Des traped behind an iconic wall in a place similar to the one seen in Desmond's journey, On that wall some phrases were drawn, like, Lucy will know the truth, and, The en is the begin of the journey or something like that.
I don't think there will be a particular moment in the next game in wich Desmond will go back in the first animus testing programme to relieve some of his own memories and be trapped in them. Probably just a DLC spoiler http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Jarek23
12-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Can you give an explanation as to why you think this? otherwise the opinion is invalid and one could easily make a thread saying, there's not going to be anything else about subject 16 because he along with his memories diminished on animus island to ensure Desmonds escape.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Assassins Creed wouldn't be what it is without playing as an ancestor. It would be a very boring game playing as Desmond in modern times IMO.

SolidSage
12-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:
Assassins Creed wouldn't be what it is without playing as an ancestor. It would be a very boring game playing as Desmond in modern times IMO.

I agree that playing as an ancestor in ancient times is a big draw.
But I can't agree that modern era Desmond play would be boring. Same free running, same combat, same story telling and mechanics...they could do a game at the local old folks bingo hall and it would still be hella fun.

SixKeys
12-30-2011, 05:49 PM
You've got to think about it from a marketing perspective. Hardcore AC fans may be interested in Desmond's journey, but the biggest selling point of the AC series for the casual gamer has always been historical locations and ancestors. To most people Desmond is just a framing device and Revelations didn't do much to flesh out his character in a way that could make him carry an entire game on his own. Ubisoft have confirmed that a new numbered AC title will always feature a new ancestor, it wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly turn off so many people who only buy the games for the history angle.

SolidSage
12-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Nah, the biggest appeal is the engine. No game has ever done high speed combat action + climbing + free running (3rd person) anywhere close to Creed.
The historical environments became the favorite AFTER everyone started taking the engine for granted.

Desmond play will be just the same, remember Monterigionni? Not much difference there. As long as they get the bad guys right and keep the weapon lists simila, it'll be just fine.

And anyway, haters gonna hate no matter what they do, it's not like there isn't a ton of flack for every Creed after the Holy '1'.

Sick_one12
12-30-2011, 06:08 PM
i would actually love a Desmond-only AC.im actually worried that AC 3 is too much of a big project for only a development time of 1 year.I mean:

-we still need many information about Desmonds story(including 16,lucy,the templars and TWCB)and a satisfying closure to it.

-we get a new ancestor who needs to have a specific look,a personality,a story and a new scenario

-nearly everyone is expecting a new coregameplay mechanic and/or additional gameplay changes

I think thats just too much to handle for 1 year....or was it confirmed that AC3 is being developed for quite some time now?

SixKeys
12-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
Nah, the biggest appeal is the engine. No game has ever done high speed combat action + climbing + free running (3rd person) anywhere close to Creed.
The historical environments became the favorite AFTER everyone started taking the engine for granted.

Desmond play will be just the same, remember Monterigionni? Not much difference there. As long as they get the bad guys right and keep the weapon lists simila, it'll be just fine.

And anyway, haters gonna hate no matter what they do, it's not like there isn't a ton of flack for every Creed after the Holy '1'.

Story is always important, too. Game reviwers have been complaining for ages about the lack of character depth for Desmond. We found out a little more about him in ACR, but he's hardly as interesting as someone like Ezio whose journey we followed from birth. I can see AC3 mixing up Desmond freerunning around modern-day cities, motorcycle-riding instead of horses and whatnot, but I see enough skyscrapers and concrete streets every day in RL. It would just be a parkour version of GTA. Even modern-day Monteriggioni in ACB wasn't nearly as exciting as the historical Monteriggioni in AC2. I don't care how good the engine is, if the environments and story are boring, I'm just not gonna care.

SolidSage
12-30-2011, 06:28 PM
@Sixkeys
I had a similar opinion until ACR. The changes were subtle but positive for me. Desmond looks tougher, more weathered and then after replaying his part in ACB I realize there's not that much difference really.
The story is what makes me a bit more eager to play his part too, I don't think we can resolve Desmond's part in it all and say goodbye to him using the same approach as the other games, you know, cut scenes and minor game play.

I hear you about sky scrapers. The reason Monterigionni wasn't as good is that there wasn't any AI to fool with, but what I was getting at is that we can play in environments that don't feel much different than in bygone times, Europe has so much of the historical architecture, and there are a lot of pedestrian dominated locations. In fact, they're what looks out of place, all the people in their track suits and what not.
How about the ruins in ACB we ran around. It can all be so similar.

AC3 will probably use the Grand Temple as a huge tomb and that's what the Desmond play will be, but I for one would be happy for a heavy Desmond play Creed with the ancestor taking a back seat for one game. Then back to historical heavy for 4 onwards.

Maybe Clay WILL be the new ancestor and it will all be modern?

SixKeys
12-30-2011, 06:58 PM
@SolidSage:

The way I see it, Ezio will be a hard ancestor to beat in terms of character development. Players got to spend three games with him and while Desmond has been in all games since the beginning, he still isn't interesting enough to make me want to spend a whole game only with him. I would say that once AC3 wraps up the current storyline, maybe by the end Desmond will have grown enough as a character so that seeing a modern-day-only AC game would make sense. The problem is, the developers have confirmed that AC3 will mark the end of Desmond's journey, so after this we likely won't be seeing him in future games (except maybe in a cameo part).

Since Ezio has been such a well-rounded character, I think it'll be almost impossible for Ubi to create a worthy follower just for AC3. That's why I think the best comrpromise would be to have the story mainly focus on Desmond's quest to find the Grand Temple and to have not one but multiple ancestors' memories to dive into. Fans have been dying to get more historical locations instead of just one big city and having different ancestors in different cities in different time periods would give us that. None of them would have the burden of trying to overcome Ezio as a character because we'd be following several storylines throughout history. Desmond would remain the focus as it should be since the ancestors this time would be guiding him towards his destination instead of hogging the spotlight.

Somehow I doubt this is the route Ubi is going to take with AC3, it seems like it would require a lot of work, but IMO it would be the perfect mix of modern and historical.

xCr0wnedNorris
12-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
You've got to think about it from a marketing perspective. Hardcore AC fans may be interested in Desmond's journey, but the biggest selling point of the AC series for the casual gamer has always been historical locations and ancestors.
I must be weird then, because the biggest selling point of the series for me has always been the great gameplay and compelling story.

SixKeys
12-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
You've got to think about it from a marketing perspective. Hardcore AC fans may be interested in Desmond's journey, but the biggest selling point of the AC series for the casual gamer has always been historical locations and ancestors.
I must be weird then, because the biggest selling point of the series for me has always been the great gameplay and compelling story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's nice for you? I'm talking about the majority of casual gamers here though, not individual opinions. At E3 you'll notice the devs never try to sell the game on the basis of new Desmond sequences, it's always something cinematic with one of his ancestors. Because most people who've never tried the games would much rather pick up a game that puts them right in the middle of a horse carriage race in ancient Constantinople than some run-off-the-mill dude in a white hoodie walking around in a lab.

thekarlone
12-30-2011, 07:16 PM

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/20...r-revelations-outed/ (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/12/30/rumour-on-disc-dlc-for-revelations-outed/)

They could be discarded audio files which didn't make the final cut. They could end up serving no further purpose. They could be DLC audio. They could be lines from the next game. And they could be red herrings. At this point, we are all guessing really. That was my point http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think Ubi recorded all this tracks when they aren't gonna be in the final product. That costs money, a lot. Probably is for a DLC or another product in development.

Jamison_J_B
12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
...it wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly turn off so many people who only buy the games for the history angle.

I like the history part of AC too, but you got a main protagonist (Desmond) training and finding information for this big 2012 showdown, and what.. you're not going to do anything with the end plot of this story? It feels cheap... Round out this story, then with AC IV have a new main protagonist that goes into the animus.

kriegerdesgottes
12-30-2011, 11:26 PM
That's nice for you? I'm talking about the majority of casual gamers here though, not individual opinions. At E3 you'll notice the devs never try to sell the game on the basis of new Desmond sequences, it's always something cinematic with one of his ancestors. Because most people who've never tried the games would much rather pick up a game that puts them right in the middle of a horse carriage race in ancient Constantinople than some run-off-the-mill dude in a white hoodie walking around in a lab.

Agreed. I was just making this same exact argument in another thread recently and I can say for certain that I personally will never buy a game with just Desmond as the main protagonist. Yes I feel like he is important to the story and yes I feel like his part of the story needs to be focused on but an AC game without a historical aspect is simply not AC.

catkiller97
12-31-2011, 12:55 AM
This could not be a discarded audio files because they will not record such dialogues,they are answers which fans wants.

EscoBlades
12-31-2011, 03:11 AM
Lines can be re-written. Scenes can be re-shot. Audio can be re-recorded. By that assumption alon, those audio files could be old, discarded ones that never made the final cut or fit with the eventual vision of the scene(s) or character(s) interaction.

Open your minds, lol. I know what we all want them to be. I'm saying they could be something completely different http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

dewgel
12-31-2011, 06:35 AM
Lines can be re-written. Scenes can be re-shot. Audio can be re-recorded. By that assumption alon, those audio files could be old, discarded ones that never made the final cut or fit with the eventual vision of the scene(s) or character(s) interaction.

Open your minds, lol. I know what we all want them to be. I'm saying they could be something completely different http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I'm not trying to show you up or shun you, but ive got a damn good suspicion that you know what it is matey, when you commented on that video saying "Stop leakin sh*t FFS!!!!"

There's obviously something there we shouldn't have seen. If its stuff that didn't make the cut, you wouldn't be so wound up :P

I'll speculate it is DLC but it could be AC3 stuff, they told us that they had been developing ac3 for a while now, so it's fair to assume they could have stored the stuff on that disc and used what they needed

That's my theory anyway, suppose patience will tell. Either way, Ubi don't need to be cloak and dagger about it if it's stuff that'll never get used

RapNoize
12-31-2011, 07:00 AM
Esco just hates it when I leak stuff. That's why his way of commenting my videos is pretty rude http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MaKaVeLiTL
12-31-2011, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:

I agree that playing as an ancestor in ancient times is a big draw.
But I can't agree that modern era Desmond play would be boring. Same free running, same combat, same story telling and mechanics...they could do a game at the local old folks bingo hall and it would still be hella fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I find Desmond boring, probably the main reason I wouldn't like to play as him much. And surely if it's in modern times there will be automatic weapons? Which would completely ruin it for me, and if there isn't then it would also be stupid, why would the templars use blades to kill in 2012 when they could easily wipe out the whole group of assassins with one pull of a trigger, it wouldn't be very realistic.

dewgel
12-31-2011, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by RapNoize:
Esco just hates it when I leak stuff. That's why his way of commenting my videos is pretty rude http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You're that Andrei chap? He's not being rude, he's asking you to follow the law and be respectable.

Also, in terms of the law. If this stuff was on the disc, isn't it technically not against the law to rip this stuff and make it publicly available, provided its not sold or changed or used in something else. Technically we now own that disc and all data on it ( to an extent )

CkSwtos
12-31-2011, 08:19 AM
I just wanna tell, that no one can save the world through a machine the has him relive memories of dead people, no matter who these dead people were, they cannot save the world, Jupiter showed Ezio and Des everything need to save the world, or at least everythint. The rest will be revealed to Des when he enters the cave that was activated when he woke up from his coma. Besides that, I have to say, that by what I have read there is going to be a new protagonist, only a protagonist not an ancestor. If there are news about an ancestor character, it is going to be something like Aquilus. He was first and only met in a comic book. Everything we know about him is because of a comic, my point is that if they want to show us a new ancestor is via a comic book, not only games may be vital for the story. In addition, Auilus' story took place during the assassins' time traveling from the old hideout to Monteregioni. So something like that could happen. I believe that there is not much for an ancestor of Desmond's to offer. The rest of the assassins' mission, lies in Desmond's hands. Like Jupiter said, "take my words from you head, to your hands".

EscoBlades
12-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by RapNoize:

For someone who claims to be a fan of the franchise, you leak a hell of a lot of stuff. Putting Ubi's inability to secure their assets against people like you aside, leaking stuff helps no one, certainly not the people who create the games you claim to enjoy playing, and definitely not the people in Marketing and PR who produce specific schedules to try and maximise excitement and interest from the vast majority of fans.

My response to your leak videos will remain in the same tone for as long as you continue to leak stuff. It ain't big, and it is certainly not clever. Have a great day.

RapNoize
12-31-2011, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RapNoize:

For someone who claims to be a fan of the franchise, you leak a hell of a lot of stuff. Putting Ubi's inability to secure their assets against people like you aside, leaking stuff helps no one, certainly not the people who create the games you claim to enjoy playing, and definitely not the people in Marketing and PR who produce specific schedules to try and maximise excitement and interest from the vast majority of fans.

My response to your leak videos will remain in the same tone for as long as you continue to leak stuff. It ain't big, and it is certainly not clever. Have a great day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Happy New Year everyone! Let's hope Ubisoft will excite us with more than AC3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SixKeys
12-31-2011, 10:19 AM

Honestly, while I don't agree with leaking stuff from future games that are still in development, I kind of agree with Dewgel. If you bought the disc, you legally own its contents. If there was some content on the disc that Ubisoft wanted to remain hidden, it was their mistake to put it somewhere easily accessible. Since it was only sound files and not images or video footage, I don't see how this has harmed Ubisoft in any way. If anything, it's only generated more interest for (possible) upcoming DLC even from people who may have been disappointed in ACR because it seems like it may finally answer some leftover questions. Sometimes I think game companies deliberately allow leaked stuff to get out there for a while only to hastily pull it back, just to generate some buzz.

dewgel
12-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah, leaking is bad crack. And I know it's against the law to modify something if you have intention of distributing it. But that guy hasn't gained a profit from it and perhaps unintentionally brought alot of fans who have went stale after playing the game back. There's hype already returning, people are excited that they've heard something else

There is a hell of a lot on that disc recording to be thrown away though.

ProdiGurl
12-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:

On that we can totally agree. I've never had much interest in Desmond, so if it's all him I'm going to be bummed and at that point, & I have to hope the writing is So good that it will be a great game w/out a new Assassin intro.

I'll probably have to rent it first

brick177
12-31-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't have the PC version of the game, and I can't find the EULA after a quick internet search, but I guarantee you that it contains a provision against hacking the software encryption. The encryption protects their copyright from unauthorized duplication.

They probably included the audio files on the disc because they had already finished the recording portion of future DLC and just wanted to make the future DLC a smaller download. That makes it more convenient for consumers and decreases their server loads and costs when the DLC is complete.

Finally, when you buy software you aren't buying the right to the stuff on the disc, you are buying a limited license to utilize the software in the manner it was intended. Read the click wrap agreements sometime if you don't believe me.

Trust me, I'm a lawyer. No pun intended.

brick177
12-31-2011, 12:09 PM
I think it was made evident in Revelations that Desmond can access his ancestor's memories without the use of the Animus now. So, the notion that the story has to continue with the help of the Animus is not entirely accurate. He will probably have to unlock the grand vault by reliving an ancestor's memories who either unlocked it in the past or found clues to how it is supposed to be unlocked. But rural Upstate New York is not going to offer a cool environment for a Desmond only story and there's no indication that he's supposed to be anywhere than where he is at the Grand Temple. So, I doubt there'll be any trips away from the temple to a modern metropolis.

CkSwtos
12-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by brick177:
I think it was made evident in Revelations that Desmond can access his ancestor's memories without the use of the Animus now. So, the notion that the story has to continue with the help of the Animus is not entirely accurate. He will probably have to unlock the grand vault by reliving an ancestor's memories who either unlocked it in the past or found clues to how it is supposed to be unlocked. But rural Upstate New York is not going to offer a cool environment for a Desmond only story and there's no indication that he's supposed to be anywhere than where he is at the Grand Temple. So, I doubt there'll be any trips away from the temple to a modern metropolis.

It could be it. But it wouldn't add much to the game to stay only in one place. Minerva has spoken of other temples too, Jupiter though, said that most of them didn't work as intentioned. Probably all of them in combination, activate a mechanism that saves the earth, or something.

dewgel
12-31-2011, 12:22 PM
I don't have the PC version of the game, and I can't find the EULA after a quick internet search, but I guarantee you that it contains a provision against hacking the software encryption. The encryption protects their copyright from unauthorized duplication.

They probably included the audio files on the disc because they had already finished the recording portion of future DLC and just wanted to make the future DLC a smaller download. That makes it more convenient for consumers and decreases their server loads and costs when the DLC is complete.

Finally, when you buy software you aren't buying the right to the stuff on the disc, you are buying a limited license to utilize the software in the manner it was intended. Read the click wrap agreements sometime if you don't believe me.

Youre right and wrong. You're allowed to do anything to any game or software you own, as long as its not for selling or re production. It's their fault for it being on their if they don't want that stuff to be found.

Trust me, I'm Jesus.

brick177
12-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Jupiter also said the information was collected into one spot:

"Both before the end and after, we sought to save the world. We built vaults within which to work, each dedicated to a different method of salvation. They were placed underground to avoid the war which raged above, and also as a precaution, should we fail in our efforts. Each vault's knowledge was transmitted to a single place..."

"...You must go there. To the place where we labored... labored and lost."

EDIT: I just rewatched the video and Jupiter points to the location in New York when he says it was transmitted to one spot and that Desmond most go there.

brick177
12-31-2011, 12:30 PM
And how is posting decrypted audio online not an unauthorized reproduction?

The hallmark of proprietary software licenses is that the software publisher grants the use of one or more copies of software under the end-user license agreement (EULA), but ownership of those copies remains with the software publisher (hence use of the term "proprietary"). This feature of proprietary software licenses means that certain rights regarding the software are reserved by the software publisher. Therefore, it is typical of EULAs to include terms which define the uses of the software, such as the number of installations allowed or the terms of distribution.

The most significant effect of this form of licensing is that, if ownership of the software remains with the software publisher, then the end-user must accept the software license. In other words, without acceptance of the license, the end-user may not use the software at all.

As is usually the case with proprietary software licenses, this license contains an extensive list of activities which are restricted, such as reverse engineering.

If you decrypt an encrypted file on a disc, I would argue that is reverse engineering. And if you accepted the license agreement when you installed, then you'd be in violation of it.

CkSwtos
12-31-2011, 12:58 PM

"Both before the end and after, we sought to save the world. We built vaults within which to work, each dedicated to a different method of salvation. They were placed underground to avoid the war which raged above, and also as a precaution, should we fail in our efforts. Each vault's knowledge was transmitted to a single place..."

EDIT: I just rewatched the video and Jupiter points to the location in New York when he says it was transmitted to one spot and that Desmond most go there.

Anyway I don't think that this vault is the only sufficient way to save the world. In order to save the world, I believe far more than a vault, are needed. Probably this vault will indicate another one. That one could do the same as the previus. We don't know if this is the final vault. It could be like the Pythagorean temple.

ShaneO7K
12-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by CkSwtos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brick177:

Anyway I don't think that this vault is the only sufficient way to save the world. In order to save the world, I believe far more than a vault, are needed. Probably this vault will indicate another one. That one could do the same as the previus. We don't know if this is the final vault. It could be like the Pythagorean temple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's likely that the Grand Temple controls the others.

Jamison_J_B
12-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brick177:

Youre right and wrong. You're allowed to do anything to any game or software you own, as long as its not for selling or re production. It's their fault for it being on their if they don't want that stuff to be found.

Trust me, I'm Jesus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm..no. You buy a license to use the software, that is it. You don't own anything. You might want to read your EULA.

SixKeys
12-31-2011, 02:15 PM
I think it was made evident in Revelations that Desmond can access his ancestor's memories without the use of the Animus now. So, the notion that the story has to continue with the help of the Animus is not entirely accurate. He will probably have to unlock the grand vault by reliving an ancestor's memories who either unlocked it in the past or found clues to how it is supposed to be unlocked.

This makes me wonder: how will the game's interface work if Desmond no longer needs the Animus to access memories? The memory structure was always there as a clever way to include the usual menu options you'd normally find in any game, controls, replay options, database, etc. The Animus interface was like an operating system. If Desmond now no longer needs the Animus, how will they explain the interface (DNA strand etc.) if it still largely looks the same?

dewgel
12-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Jamison.j.b:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

Umm..no. You buy a license to use the software, that is it. You don't own anything. You might want to read your EULA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't get what I'm saying. I'm saying you own that particular disc and everything on it for yourself. The guy didn't make a profit out of the files he put up, he simply raised more interest in the game and has revived the hype which some lost

I'm pretty sure you can do what you like as long you don't use it in your own production, sell it etc etc

I suppose that can extend to putting it on YouTube, but really, if Ubi didn't want this all leaked, and it is just old stuff, I'd say they're the fools for leaving it on

misusel
12-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Jamison.j.b:
IMO I think it's going to just be Desmond, in modern times. I have a few reasons behind this.

SPOILERS (?) (In White)

1) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Alexandre Amancio did say in one of the ACR interviews that at the end of revelations, the time and location of AC III will be obvious.</span>

2) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Alexandre Amancio also said that with 2012 right around the corner, they want to rap up the desmond story, because they didn't think it would be good to have a player play a "modern" timeline, when it has already past.</span>

3) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">At the end of ACR it is suggested that "the world" is open to Desmond via William Miles hand gesture.</span> ok...forgive me if this has been said beore...but i think that in the end of Revelations where the God-dude speaks it shows in a map New York...it shows some fields and than Desmonds says i knows what we have to do..!

YuurHeen
12-31-2011, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

Honestly, while I don't agree with leaking stuff from future games that are still in development, I kind of agree with Dewgel. If you bought the disc, you legally own its contents. If there was some content on the disc that Ubisoft wanted to remain hidden, it was their mistake to put it somewhere easily accessible. Since it was only sound files and not images or video footage, I don't see how this has harmed Ubisoft in any way. If anything, it's only generated more interest for (possible) upcoming DLC even from people who may have been disappointed in ACR because it seems like it may finally answer some leftover questions. Sometimes I think game companies deliberately allow leaked stuff to get out there for a while only to hastily pull it back, just to generate some buzz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are wrong. just like it is illegal to upload bought music and films without any rights.

iSoTryHard
12-31-2011, 05:33 PM
that would be epic playing through 16s memories but it would ruin it for the newbies how buy that game before the previous 4 main games so they would already know what will happen and not be so much of a mystery

SixKeys
12-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by YuurHeen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
Honestly, while I don't agree with leaking stuff from future games that are still in development, I kind of agree with Dewgel. If you bought the disc, you legally own its contents. If there was some content on the disc that Ubisoft wanted to remain hidden, it was their mistake to put it somewhere easily accessible. Since it was only sound files and not images or video footage, I don't see how this has harmed Ubisoft in any way. If anything, it's only generated more interest for (possible) upcoming DLC even from people who may have been disappointed in ACR because it seems like it may finally answer some leftover questions. Sometimes I think game companies deliberately allow leaked stuff to get out there for a while only to hastily pull it back, just to generate some buzz.

you are wrong. just like it is illegal to upload bought music and films without any rights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said anything about uploading, did I? I just said it's not illegal to access files on a disc you legally own. Uploading them on the internet, now that may be illegal. Regardless, I still think leaks like this tend to bring more positive than negative publicity for game companies as it generates fan buzz. I'm not saying that's reason enough to say it should be legal to leak stuff, just that I believe it's incorrect to say all leaks are harmful.

catkiller97
12-31-2011, 08:25 PM
S16 is descendant of Adam, as well as of Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

Subject-22
12-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by catkiller97:

Really? Ezio too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

lilshawty741
12-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Subject-22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by catkiller97:

Really? Ezio too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We learn that at the beginning of AC2. Lucy compares Desmond's dna with s16 and ezio comes up as a common ancestor.

catkiller97
01-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by lilshawty741:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Subject-22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by catkiller97:

Really? Ezio too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We learn that at the beginning of AC2. Lucy compares Desmond's dna with s16 and ezio comes up as a common ancestor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will be awesome if we will able to play as S16 Ancestor(Adam) Or any other Ancestor.

Jamison_J_B
01-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamison.j.b:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

Umm..no. You buy a license to use the software, that is it. You don't own anything. You might want to read your EULA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't get what I'm saying. I'm saying you own that particular disc and everything on it for yourself. The guy didn't make a profit out of the files he put up, he simply raised more interest in the game and has revived the hype which some lost

I'm pretty sure you can do what you like as long you don't use it in your own production, sell it etc etc

I suppose that can extend to putting it on YouTube, but really, if Ubi didn't want this all leaked, and it is just old stuff, I'd say they're the fools for leaving it on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'm saying that no, you don't; not legally. When you bought that disc, you bought a license for the privilege of using the software on it. These rules have been around since the days of shareware (early '90's). If you still don't believe me, then contact Ubi, they will tell you the same thing.

Jamison_J_B
01-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by misusel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamison.j.b:

SPOILERS (?) (In White)

3) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">At the end of ACR it is suggested that "the world" is open to Desmond via William Miles hand gesture.</span> ok...forgive me if this has been said beore...but i think that in the end of Revelations where the God-dude speaks it shows in a map New York...it shows some fields and than Desmonds says i knows what we have to do..! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That too. There are quite a few nods toward a Desmond game for AC III, but few what to believe it. AC isn't just about working with ancestors, that is only a part of it.

CkSwtos
01-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by catkiller97:

Ezio, Desmond, Altair, and many others are desendants of the TWCB. They have the sixth sense. I have read somewhere that TWCB after the first destruction had children with humans. Only countable exception but they did it. Adam was only a human, he had nothing special except the apple of eden in his possetion

brick177
01-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah it is supposed to be along the lines of the Heroes in Greek and other mythology. They were the offspring of both god and man. The Assassins are the offspring of TWCB and man. Like these lines from Genesis in the Tora/Bible where it talks about the great heroes of old being the offspring of gods and humans:

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them. That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose...when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."