PDA

View Full Version : Learning the Spit

Dabinla
11-08-2004, 08:44 AM
OK folks ...new to the sim. just installed BOE and am flying the Spit..are there training missions available for the AC esp for a noob like me?...or do i just fly single missions w/ the plane and fly willy nilly until i get the feel of the AC?
thanks
Dab

Dabinla
11-08-2004, 08:44 AM
OK folks ...new to the sim. just installed BOE and am flying the Spit..are there training missions available for the AC esp for a noob like me?...or do i just fly single missions w/ the plane and fly willy nilly until i get the feel of the AC?
thanks
Dab

LeOs.K-Ande
11-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Well if you are completely new it really helps to fly the sinlge missions at fist. The spit is very good turner and is deadly opponet for 109´s.

After you get the "feel" for your ride you might want to do some QMB gunnery practise. Use your cannons wisely and only when you are sure to hit your target.

3rd stage is online DF servers (be warned you will be shot down often before you get the hang of it) Be sure to DL hyperlobby so you can find some decent online flying 24/7

Yskonyn23
11-08-2004, 01:56 PM
I've found the Spit to be one of the 'easier' planes. It doesn't go into a (flat) spin as easy as many other aircraft in the game, so it's a good plane to start with.
Of course this doesn't mean experienced players shouldn't use it.. it's just friendly for newcomers.

LStarosta
11-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Is there really a need/way to learn a Spit? It's by far the easiest Western Front fighter to fly. Only bad things it has going for it is short range and relatively small ammo load, the former of which does not pose much of a problem on most Dogfight servers.

Dabinla
11-08-2004, 02:50 PM
didn't mean to waste your time LS...just kinda new to flight simming and certianly new to FB AEP FP...i just wanted to know how people got used to their planes...easy or not we aren't all aces
ty
DAB