PDA

View Full Version : What are the real consequences of abandoning career in middle of sea at 100% realism?

JonZ
02-01-2006, 12:26 AM
My boat was crippled, I escaped the destroyers but they damaged my rudders. So I had no choice to abandon.

But it brought me back to the office screen, and I could continue. If I go to the saved sequence it stated Dead, but I still can resume the career.

What gives?

Baldricks_Mate
02-01-2006, 02:30 PM
It's Sim, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it!

Were there any Klingons off your starboard bow? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Seriously, it has happened to me twice before, both times I was on the surface. I assumed that it was an unfinished line of game play & programming that would have represented abandoning the Boat and being captured that was truncated into this outcome.

My wierd one was the last patrol of the war, I abandoned career and it came "The war Ended"! The first time, I abandoned career and was presented with the office screen at which I accessed the boat, was awarded renown, repaired, managed crew (2 dead) and launched the next patrol, so I continued but only after some pause to weigh it up, as I play DiD and therefore do not use the saved games except to end and start gameplay sessions.

As a trade off, I gave up the boat for a new one as I figured it would have been stuffed anyway and I should have to pay some price. So I got that VIIC...