PDA

View Full Version : Heavy medal :^)

Konig_der_nicht
04-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Was on my 11th patrol November, 1940, 0100 hrs local, west of the channel. Report come in on a convoy nearby. Full speed ahead to catch and intercept.

Lordy! An ocean liner, 2 troop transports, a tanker and some C2's and C3's, all lightly defended. The liner is job one. Got a good firing solution, and let her rip. She immediently caught fire and sank quickly with just 2 torps. Another troop transport was in my sights, sent it on a visit to Davy Jones locker.

I believe I sank 4 ships total for a total tonnage of 40k.

Returned to port an awarded 2 Iron Crosses second class, 1 Iron Cross, and count 'em 28 war badges. Almost all the crew is sporting some hardware now. LOL (recounting all this at work, sorry for lack of details)

Konig_der_nicht
04-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Was on my 11th patrol November, 1940, 0100 hrs local, west of the channel. Report come in on a convoy nearby. Full speed ahead to catch and intercept.

Lordy! An ocean liner, 2 troop transports, a tanker and some C2's and C3's, all lightly defended. The liner is job one. Got a good firing solution, and let her rip. She immediently caught fire and sank quickly with just 2 torps. Another troop transport was in my sights, sent it on a visit to Davy Jones locker.

I believe I sank 4 ships total for a total tonnage of 40k.

Returned to port an awarded 2 Iron Crosses second class, 1 Iron Cross, and count 'em 28 war badges. Almost all the crew is sporting some hardware now. LOL (recounting all this at work, sorry for lack of details)

U-49
04-29-2005, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Almost all the crew is sporting some hardware now. LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hehe, good show.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">recounting all this at work, sorry for lack of details </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh, and ya -- get back to work, slacker!