PDA

View Full Version : First Civilization Seals - More out there?

dewgel
11-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Okay, I don't know if I missed something, but I completed the game and then I started sending Assassin's on the meditiranian defense missions. One, is titled "Alexandria - First Civilization Seals" with the description saying "2 more first civilization memory seals have been found after the fall off the Alexandria Library"

Am I lost here? I thought the ones Altair had were the only ones.

reini03
11-20-2011, 08:47 AM
I guess we don't know very much about these minor artifacts... who knows, there might be dozens of them out there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

NuclearFuss
11-20-2011, 08:55 AM
SPOILER: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">In the last Altair sequence Darim mentions that he's taking Altair's books to Alexandria. Maybe there were some seals as well.</span>
End Spoiler.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
SPOILER: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">In the last Altair sequence Darim mentions that he's taking Altair's books to Alexandria. Maybe there were some seals as well.</span>
End Spoiler.
I'm not sure. I think it's just a reference to the Great Library.

UrDeviant1
11-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Interesting. Alexandria is the ancient capital of Egypt and where you say you retrieved the keys through playing the defense game, also it's where Altair sent his son before he hid the piece of Eden in the Masayf library. Maybe Assassins Creed III will also be set in Egypt or at least have some part to play in the story.

Assassin_M
11-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
Interesting. Alexandria is the ancient capital of Egypt and where you say you retrieved the keys through playing the defense game, also it's where Altair sent his son before he hid the piece of Eden in the Masayf library. Maybe Assassins Creed III will also be set in Egypt or at least have some part to play in the story.
^This

NuclearFuss
11-20-2011, 11:50 AM

Good point. Remarkably similar to mine..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

dxsxhxcx
11-20-2011, 12:37 PM

or maybe they can use that to justify future DLCs for ACR, if that's the case I hope we are able to see Altair going to Mongolia!!

Sarari
11-20-2011, 01:48 PM
It would be great to see Altair and Ezio for at least one sequence in AC3. But Revelations is their finale so I doubt it :/

jcoyle_hull
11-20-2011, 03:28 PM
It would of been nice to see Altair go to fight Genghis Khan in one of the sequences and would of been a nice change of scenery, shame really, id of much rather go there then that cave city.

As to the ideas of Egypt i think it would work well with Assassins Creed as camels to ride on, could then have some soft of poison making ability to add to the bomb crafting tables too, making better use of ingredients, but i highly doubt it will be in Egypt there just expanding the universe like the comics are in Russia, Embers (end to Ezios story) has some background on the chinese assassins etc.

Before Revelations came out i dont think i seen one rumour or theory about Constantinople and i would hazard a geuss that whatever we think it will be this time ubisoft will suprise us again with somewhere never before done in a game.

dxsxhxcx
11-20-2011, 04:17 PM
[SPOILERS - THE SECRET CRUSADE]

another cool DLC would be Altair going to Constantinople and failing in create an Assassin guild there, and Altair saving that merchant when he was returning to Masyaf... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Saqaliba
11-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Maybe Assassins Creed III will also be set in Egypt or at least have some part to play in the story.

Actually... this would be a good idea. If we consider that the main part of ACR is having the Assassin's order become so strong that it essentially takes control of the Mediterranean, then how do we suppose that by the 21st century the Assassin's become so weak? Napolean as a Templar! He would be perfect. He basically tryed to re-establish the Roman Empire. He visited Egypt. He visited Russia. French Revolution. Freemasons. U.S.A. - big Apple.

..another cool DLC would be Altair going to Constantinople and failing in create an Assassin guild there, and Altair saving that merchant when he was returning to Masyaf...

I was really sad about the Altair missions in ACR. They had no soul. The book by Bowden has more depth to those scenes. I really wanted there to be a huge Constantinople scene where the Latins Catholics were fighting the Orthodox East and Altair was caught in the middle. It would have been perfect for the game considering Ezio is caught between the Byazantines and the Ottomans in a similar fashion.

AdmiralPerry
11-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Potential spoilers!

I have the collector's edition of the strategy guide (the hardbound one with the black cover) and <span class="ev_code_WHITE">in the back of the book there are about four to six pages of illustrations depicting other key moments of Altair's life. One of them shows him retrieving the memory seals while he was in exile at Alamut. The picture shows an underground library/vault, and there are several seals--more than the five Altair took.</span> So, there are definitely more than five.