PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion (off topic)

Pepedou
06-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey guys, so reading through various threads in this forum I noticed the game Oblivion mentioned several times and I'm planning to buy it tomorrow actually (Monday). So, the reason I made this thread is to know what you guys think of it, do you think its cool or should I save my money? Btw sorry if this type of thread is not allowed, it's 11:29 and I'm pretty tired to begin searching for rules. If it's not allowed then Zgublici you know what to do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Thanks!

Howler13
06-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Get it.

Don't wait until Monday, go get it NOW!

Seriosuly, though, it is probably the best game I've ever played, certianly one of the best titles the 360 and/or PS3 have to offer right now (I'm sure it's great for PC, too, but I don't know what it's up against). Bethesda has truly outdone themselves; they took a great game like Morrowind and managed to improve upon it in almost every single way (if you have a good PC, I'd recommend picking up Morrowind first/as well, you can get it for $20, it's totally worth it).

I plan on buying it for my PS3 soon (had it for 360 until it bricked, just got my PS3 on Thur, and didn't have the money for a game yet), and it's probably one of the only games out there worth owning; you can't finish it in a rental period.

Phreaky_McGeek
06-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Meh... it has it's ups and downs. On paper it sounds great, but there's just no real excitement there.

Drunkspleen
06-11-2007, 02:11 AM
I had a fair bit of fun playing the game, but I consider it to have fairly low replayability, which kinda surprised me for a game where people talk about how open ended it is.

I guess my issue was while it was enjoyable, it really fell short of the RPG experience I expected. Sure there's levels and skills and stuff, but with scaled enemies and the skill system I just didn't get that feeling of true character progression.

I would say if it's not too expensive go for it, but I wouldn't invest a whole lot of money in it really.

knife_X
06-11-2007, 02:29 AM
I recommend getting the PC version makes it all easier I tryed to play Oblivion with a gamepad ones freaking terrible! And you thousends of mod to download...

Boromir323
06-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Pepedou:
Hey guys, so reading through various threads in this forum I noticed the game Oblivion mentioned several times and I'm planning to buy it tomorrow actually (Monday). So, the reason I made this thread is to know what you guys think of it, do you think its cool or should I save my money? Btw sorry if this type of thread is not allowed, it's 11:29 and I'm pretty tired to begin searching for rules. If it's not allowed then Zgublici you know what to do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Thanks!

Are you buying it for PC or 360 or PS3?

Beren111
06-11-2007, 10:47 AM
ive had this game since it came out and it just keeps going really theres way to much to do and find in it. one of the best RPGs ever made

moqqy
06-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Get it for PC, otherwise don't get it.
The mods fix the thousand issues with the vanilla ( original ) version and add ALOT of great stuff. When you got it, I can tell you a bunch of mods to download.

-----
Oh and, it's kinda boring after a while, but you'll play it sometimes. Dark brotherhood missions are really good tho.

IoNoobMaster
06-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Oblivion it's one of the best games ever but play the shivering isles cuz the misions there are just nuts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

andy276
06-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Oblivion is great, but it gets soo boring when you have to close all the Oblivion gates outside the cities .

Bujaa
06-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Meh.. It might be thrilling and exciting at the beginnning but i gets really boring, really quick.. My opinion though

quicksilver_502
06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
someone asks you what the punishment for necrophilia is and you get to torture someone!
need i say more?

chewie1890
06-11-2007, 12:51 PM
I've always heard fantastic things from the Elder Scrolls players. Recently rented oblivion, played it for a few hours, lost interest in it but continued playing to give it a shot. In the end it just wasn't my cup of tea. But that's just me, majority of people love it.

Boromir323
06-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
The mods fix the thousand issues with the vanilla ( original ) version and add ALOT of great stuff. When you got it, I can tell you a bunch of mods to download.

-----
Oh and, it's kinda boring after a while, but you'll play it sometimes. Dark brotherhood missions are really good tho.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Yeah hes right. There are a ton of good "patch" mods out there, and fun mods too. If you get it, you have to try Pirate Isles Beta its my personal fav mod.

jimmy_005
06-11-2007, 01:15 PM
It is awesome. There are many ways to play and you can get the downloads or expansion pack for more content. Shivering Isles is the best add on (expansion) it adds quests, armor, creatures, weapons, spells, and about 4 square miles.

moqqy
06-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Boromir323:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

-----

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Yeah hes right. There are a ton of good "patch" mods out there, and fun mods too. If you get it, you have to try Pirate Isles Beta its my personal fav mod. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally I think that you need to get OOO ( Oscuros oblivion overhaul ) IMMEDIATELY! it takes of the stupid leveling, adds npcs, monsters, loots, and many many many things. Best mod ever ^^

and jimmy... shivering isles is THE ONLY EXPANSION thats why its best. knights of the nine wasn't an expansion, more of an mod.

Bobzer77
06-11-2007, 03:13 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Definitley get it for pc if your able! As has been said there are plenty of good mods to keep you occupied. Also I found a mod for some assassins creed armour here (http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=8043).

Jade_Samurai
06-12-2007, 02:18 AM
Yep, PC is the only way, THE ONLY WAY. I am still going, i get bored now so i just trudge around and do things, kill things, try to find every last map marker and stuff like that. 150 hours + here!
Plus on the PC you can make your own mods, very cool, make a box entirely out of trap walls, and press the button... bye bye! perfect! lol

seriously though, YES