PDA

View Full Version : What Features do you want to see in ACR?

crash3
05-08-2011, 12:33 PM
i was gonna do a poll at first but i thought id leave this completely open to anything anyone wants to say. i personally want:

1. Much longer/more complex/in depth storyline
2. Unpredictable combat-get rid of obvious archetypes so we dont know initially how to fight them so its harder
3. more social interaction and interaction with more buildings
4. a wider range of guilds to establish like merchents guilds, explorers guilds, masons guilds, philosophers guilds.
5. more obvious changes in the city as we take down more tyrannical temlars and liberate more people, for example more markets set up, bigger bustling crowds, less beggars and crime, maybe even better brighter weather.
6. changing seasons
7. get rid of chests, flags and feathers-they are so boring! especially since there isnt any great reward for collecting them
8. money harder to earn-in ACB you swim in money, so definitely get rid of treasure chests
9. maybe pay for repairs to buildings say if there is a riot or a fight with templars so not just buying/renovating a shop and that's that, pay for maintainance
10. tactical deployment of assassins or hired soldiers throughout the city to resist the templars better
11. a complete re-vamping of the notoriety system, it should be much more gradual to gain or lose and should either be a proper gameplay element instead of removing posters and notoriety automatically decreases or they should just get rid of the whole thing

i could go on for ages but i want to hear wat everyone else has to say please comment!!

phil.llllll
05-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I want to see more actual assassinations.

Brotherhood had four only (counting Cesare).

Also make them more in depth (I want to have to hunt my target not just go to a highlight on the map and push a button) and give the player more options for the actual assassinations.

crash3
05-08-2011, 02:38 PM
i agree, the assssinations need more of a build up so that they are more significant. i think they should bring back to philosophical conversations that altair had with his victims after killing them, it made the targets feel more important and justifies why they had to be killed

GunnarGunderson
05-08-2011, 02:52 PM
actual Cons to wearing armour and swords, or atleast the ability to unequip them. I'm sick of being a walking tank

SleezeRocker
05-08-2011, 03:28 PM
-Havok's graphic engine to make the game look like Assassisn's Creed 1 again (looked more realstic than ACB and obliviously AC2) or PhysX for the graphic engine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-I want to see (Stairway to Heaven) Ezio doing close up's when he fighting CQC style like Batman (Arkham Asylum) but Ezio being 50 yrs old gets Hip Displasia for doing hardcore acrobatics XD Hahahaha!

And hope to see a more dynamic online game (ACB is really good *obviously im having withdrawals unable to kill on PSN* so I wonder how ACR will pick up on the online)

***And PLEASE....PLEASE! Make an awesome UNIVERSAL Collector's edition for this game. Don't get me wrong I like my US ACB CE but...after seeing all the neat stuff for EU CE I only wish I could have gotten something like that.***

-Also to above, please make the soundtrack (if you make a CE) on a Audio CD, I think I can fairly say, for most of us, we were disappointed that the ACB soundtrack was on a BluRayDVD or HDVD.

-Can't say how disappointed I was that when I picked up my ACB CE, 1st thing I wanted to do was listen to the soundtrack (at the time) on my dads SS CD/DVD player but turned out that the soundtrack was IN the extra features BD video. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif
So please, if you include a soundtrack,make it on an Audio disc http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Rea1SamF1sher
05-08-2011, 04:10 PM
ACR should focus more on the credo of the assassins. So it should be more like AC1.

- Ezio is an Assassin not a conqueror who is travelling and taking over every town he will be visiting.

- More focus on assassinations and Social Stealth.

- Missions shouldn't be scripted. Everything should be possible, from playing Rambo to being a real assassin.

- There should be consequences when playing Rambo. Fighting against a group of enemies shouldn't be easy for example. So it would make sense to have different types of bombs, like a flash bomb for example.

- If the 100% Synchro is in ACR, 100% in a mission should be only achievable when playing like a assassin. Means a lot of assassinations with blending in to the crowd and so on.

- The story should be about Templers vs Assassins and not something like ACB which story wasn't at all about that. The head of the enemies "Cesare" not being even a templer but a simple tyrann.

- Improving the core, the Social Stealth, should be the primary goal.

Assassinsyk
05-08-2011, 05:16 PM
All I want... Well, what I want the most, anyway:

Better parkour. More mechanics, more possibilites, faster pace. Let me run further up the wall, and some paces alongside it (PoP-style). Let me wall-to-wall jump to get upwards faster and down safer and combine all this with the hook for some Spiderman sh*t. Why should the Parkour dude on your tube do anything Ezio can't? The games are great and the freerunning awesome, but I feel it's time for some upgrades, since it's pretty much the same since AC1, except for a climb-jump.

Don't you dare contradict me with any "Ezio's getting old"-nonsense. He has the Apple now, and my math tells me he should be faster and stronger than ever. Of course, I failed in math.

DavisP92
05-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Read Andre202 and you'll get my ideas on how all AC games should be.

@Assassinsky haha he isn't even completely "human" so age shouldn't matter. and yea we need new parkour, but not running super high on the wall.

Co-op is something that should be in the game too, since we are playing as Altair why not have the coop story as Altair's sons. The only thing that is important for co-op is allowing the games to have different a different play style. One might like archery or something else, or more armor means better protection but less parkour.

gamertam
05-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Instead of list features i like to see in AC Revelation, i'll name a couple of features i'm not so sure about:

!--machines and canons ===> it's great in Brotherhood, but not so Assassin-isk.
!--the flying machine ===>it's tricky to fly, however, if done with a better, more smooth to handle i guess it is alright.

(on a side note: if possible, please bring back the VR training room.) Great idea in BH.

like someone said, please makes a universal Edition.

That's it from me for now. There's more, but i like to read what other's opinions and thoughts.

shobhit7777777
05-08-2011, 06:05 PM
ACR should focus more on the credo of the assassins. So it should be more like AC1.

- Ezio is an Assassin not a conqueror who is travelling and taking over every town he will be visiting.

- More focus on assassinations and Social Stealth.

- Missions shouldn't be scripted. Everything should be possible, from playing Rambo to being a real assassin.

- There should be consequences when playing Rambo. Fighting against a group of enemies shouldn't be easy for example. So it would make sense to have different types of bombs, like a flash bomb for example.

- If the 100% Synchro is in ACR, 100% in a mission should be only achievable when playing like a assassin. Means a lot of assassinations with blending in to the crowd and so on.

- The story should be about Templers vs Assassins and not something like ACB which story wasn't at all about that. The head of the enemies "Cesare" not being even a templer but a simple tyrann.

- Improving the core, the Social Stealth, should be the primary goal.

Rea1SamF1sher
05-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I think Social Stealth has a broad meaning. We should suggest features for Social Stealth. Not just blending into the crowd but also other things. The old Conviction build for example. You could do distractions, like picking up something that doesn't belong to you, so the guards will leave their position and investigate. It's possible in AC but only when you pay money. There should be more possibilities to distract guards from their position.

dchil279
05-08-2011, 06:42 PM
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH #11

eagleforlife1
05-09-2011, 04:16 AM
As Ezio is getting on I would like to see some restrictions placed on him. For example, instead of climbing to the top of huge buildings how about smashing a lower floor window and getting in that way or breaking a door down. Maybe lower his sprint speed to make escapes more difficult. Also, I would like armour to be completely removed form this game and onwards. An assassin, especially an old one, who needs to be able to climb and be athletic wouldn't wear one nor wield a heavy weapon. Personally, I feel that a hidden blade, dagger, crossbow and throwing knives is all the equipment an assassin should need.

Av8TRX
05-09-2011, 05:48 AM
I'd like to know where Desmond came from. Since Christina died, was it Catarina or a ******? I'd also like to know what's up with Ezio's sister. She knifed a couple of guys now she's part of the creed? Didn't seem fair. Small stuff, I know.

Azugo
05-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
actual Cons to wearing armour and swords, or atleast the ability to unequip them. I'm sick of being a walking tank

Exactly. This has been one of my main complaints since AC2. You shouldn't even be able to run in any kind of armour. The only 'armour' you should be able to run in is leather, let-alone free-run.

I'm not saying I want total realism, that would ruin the whole game if it was entirely realistic, what I am saying is that, like BradKinn said, there should atleast be cons to wearing heavy armour.

For example: The heavier the armour you're wearing, the bigger the running and mobility penalties should be.

I want to be an Assassin, not a bloody walking tank (as you mentioned, Brad).

Also, I want to have the choice to be able to equip and de-equip (that a word?) the weapons I want to use for the appropriate mission. I don't even want my Assassin to be weilding an axe, or a sword, or a crossbow. I just want him to have throwing knives, maybe a dagger, and a hidden blade, and only the armour I want (which for me, is no armour at-all). I want him to be a true Assassin.

Anyway, I think I'm done rambling. Hopefully some of you agree with me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

crash3
05-10-2011, 01:32 PM
i wonder if in ACR whilst falling you will be able to hook on to a zipline in mid-air? just like being able to fall for a while before deploying your parachute in ACB
i would perhaps lik to see ezio adapt to new fighting skills that guards have but he doesnt so he has to learn new moves/skills and acquire new weapons and equipment. swords and daggers are good weapons but i dont think double handed axes and claymores should be used, maybe spears to tackle horses when fighting on the ground as swords realistically dont stand a chance against a charging horse. would be cool to be able to use a dagger to slit a horses throat to bring down the rider i know it sounds cruel but its a game after all!

samuelcd1997
05-10-2011, 01:36 PM
One thing I really want is Online Multiplayer Free Roam, like GTA or RDR.
Seasons would be nice too!

TurkishJames
05-10-2011, 01:37 PM
More social interaction. Get rid of that horrid UI when shopping.

And I can't find the word but what you do effects the area? Like throwing someone into a wall will cause it to crack and after time you'll get some peasents repairing? More realistic situations.

More music.

iN3krO
05-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I just want a game that requires skill to be able to chose anyway you want...

Like in Ac1:

When i played it the first time i had to be stealthy cuz if i didn't i would meet guards and i wasn't good in combats... Now i just try to keep stealthy cuz i think it's funnier keep in the shadows and cuz i really want to follow the creed (which is in the name of the game), but i can chose to be stealthy or pull out and kill guards cuz i'm skilled enought to....

Resume: add the freedoom of chosing stealthy or combats for skilled players.

How to do it?
- Remove sword like combos with hiden blade (don't remove the killstreaks)
- Make guards able to do what they used to do in ac1 (templairs used to grab you or break your defense....) when they are in group they could just hold you how the fast guards do at ac:B...
- Make guards attacks as powerfull as our attacks (Brutos in ac2 are ripped of with 3 sword attacks while they need to hit you like 8 times with the axe)...
- Increanse the time for aiming with the gun and increanse the time that a arrow needs to reach the target.... Make the knife velocity similar to ac1 so that you need to have skill to know when you can throw knifes or not.
- Remake guards able to say where did you go after beating them (you needed to use hidden blade to finish with them) (They would be crying in the ground only if they are beaten with non-letal attacks like in ac1)...

The killstreaks are nice cuz they require skill to have timmings to do counter attacks when someone is going to attack you, oh and i want to say that ubisoft did a good work in that part except that even if you didn't killed the guy you were killing before the counter-attack he still deaths but i hope they can fix this for revelations...

Rakudaton
05-10-2011, 01:46 PM
1. A GOOD selection of bombs. When they say 300+ bombs, I assume that means a combination of factors (ie only about 10 types of bombs but they have variable range and duration etc). We know there are explosives, flash bombs, smoke bombs, and caltrop bombs. I'm hoping there are some unexpected ones that are decent and actually have tactical uses.

2. I hope that Eagle Sense is put to good use -- it sounds great. They've said you can overhear people's conversations at range with the Sense -- hinting at a return to eavesdropping, perhaps? Anyway, I hope we can really employ tactics in our missions better; this is the perfect tool to facilitate that.

3. Witty banter with Ezio's turkish rival, Yusuf Azim! (incidentally, I know someone with the same name...)

4. Better recruit customisation. They've confirmed this... but to what extent?

5. I hope the new hookblade is as good as it sounds. There is an awesome concept art of him using a zipline. I'm less convinced about the "pull enemies in" aspect. The freerunning enhancements sound sick -- Ezio can flip over guards using the hookblade while running -- but perhaps it's too flashy, particularly for a 50+ year old? They say he can now scale a four-storey building in just a few seconds with hook-assisted climbing.

6. Weather! Possibly adjusted according to the season the animus is in.

7. I hope Desmond's memories are exciting.

8. They mention in the GI article a mission which feels more cinematic and immersive thanks to lots of shifting camera angles. I really hope they don't do this too much. Firstly it limits your creativity -- clearly you have to go down their "cinematic" linear path. Secondly it could be confusing when you're running and suddenly left becomes right.

9. They teased something about "you can be as involved or hands-off as you like with these missions you send your recruits on", and from the article they're making it sound like a big reveal thing. Perhaps -- just perhaps -- you'll be able to accompany recruits on missions? I really hope so.

10. Venice-style freerunning! It was molto bello!

crash3
05-11-2011, 02:23 PM
i hope the combat is made harder. they should have COMBAT STREAKS instead of killstreaks so you continuously attack and defend yourself (i think there should be more defensive moves added for more skill) and then you have to expose weaknesses in guards like making them tired or making them hesitate or get cocky so they lower their guard thinking you are no challenge at all but theyll be wrong.

i was disappointed with the lack of skill the guards had in ACB, ACR guards need to be able to knock your sword out of your hand, break your guard, genuinely wound you so your fighting skills are limited, they need to have lethal counters on you, any guard should be able to at least dodge, grab and counter you, more elite guards should be smarter and less predictable with more skill

i thought the obvious archetypes in ACB made combat too predictable for example we knew that counters autommatically killed regular guards and that you had to disarm more elite guards so its like button smashing for garanteed kills which gets boring

i wanna see ezio and altair in REAL DANGER!!

GranolaCrunch
05-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Here's what I would like to have =3

Customizable HideOut.

Pick your own colors when changing the color of your clothes.

Much Longer story.

Be able to switch to Modern Day (Desmond).

More kinds of horses. Better horses, obtained by upgrading horse stable.

Furniture shop to buy furniture for your hide out (Couch, table, Etc.).

More Capes, Skins, Etc..

More different kinds of enemy's.

Be able to use guns (Like the ones from the guards in Rome).

if possible add some more Da Vinci missions.

Different kinds of Potions. (Ones that heal you a little and half way, and one that heals you totally).

Potions crafting.

Those are just some of my ideas for what I would like in Assassin's Creed Revelations =3 Hope you like them!

CanterburyTales
05-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I'd love to see more about Domenico Auditore, and details into Altaïr and Maria's relationship and children (we know from the Codex that they had at least two sons).

I'd also love to see more information on (and a possible appearance of) the Sword of Eden (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sword).

DavidPV86
05-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Besides everything it has beet posted, I like option of selecting a building/Landmark in database and see its location on the map.

And you know, sometimes I think the Assassins robes are to obvious, I wouls really like to be "forced" to use another costumes ir order to accomplish the missions, with the hidden blade being your only weapon.

DavisP92
05-12-2011, 09:12 AM
coop story (altair's sons maybe)

more combos/assassinations

more animations for parkour

weather

freedom to wear what we want (armor or no armor)

more realitic gameplay (guards should be able to tell something is wrong with u when ur walking around like a tank and no one else is)

more story with the brotherhood recruits (more emotions)

make the games harder

weaker potions

duel weilding swords or dagger

customizable hideout

Asassinations that resemble AC1 more then any others, but more targets like AC2

Tuck2103
05-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Basicly two things:

A multiplayer freemode that allows you to play in Constantinopel with and against other players, including both assassinating and swordfighting.
Total freedom without any 'scorepoints' included, the ability to earn money, spend that on weapons. Customizing your own assassin and making your own 'Brotherhoods' online.

A more complex control of the sword. In the latest AC games you attack a guard by pushing/clicking a button. I'd rather see a more advanced 'fencing' system, the ability to swing your sword however you like, as if you're wielding it yourself.

I think that if these two things are added, the game will be everlasting.

joaomuas
05-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Notoriety shouldn't be able to decrease, like Fame in RDR. As you start to have a really high profile and assassinating more guards and important guys, people would start to know the assassin that was in Constantinople, and of course, stealth would bring an advantage, as they would know an assassin existed, but they wouldn't know how he looked like, and sometimes you'd have to eliminate witnesses.

joaomuas
05-12-2011, 11:42 AM
And something I'd like to see in any game but is almost impossible is this: fully multiplayer campaign, no AI. Imagine:

- ACB example - Some people would play assassins, some other people would play templars, some could even play guards! As Cesare, you'd have to prepare the siege, make your own decisions; as Ezio you could make the plans, even decide whenever to kill the target, no matter if you have or not a plan; as guards you could chase the assassin, betray Cesare, it'd be fully RPG, no defined path, you could mold everything, but of course this is impossible... or maybe not... science evolves!

RyokuMC
05-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Remake the assassins pupils, they are so overpower!

All the assassination targets (AC brotherhood) I kill holding the L2 button (arrow storm). And places I need to distract guards and pass (which the courtesans) I use my pupils, they simple "appear" from nowhere, kill and disapear, WTF!?

Master_Rahl
05-13-2011, 06:49 AM
I think there should be occasional, random moments where a fellow assassin can be observed on a mission as you go through the city. For example, you may see one sitting on a bench, looking closely at his surroundings, or you may catch a glimpse of one as he jumps from a building onto the back of his target. These shouldn't be too common, but they would make it feel like you are not the lone assassin in the city. Additionally, depending on how many successes you have had, the other assassins you come across may have dyed their robes to match yours in colour, out of admiration. It would also make for interesting minigames to be able to talk to them and offer assistance, and then help them take down their target.

Changing seasons is something I would really enjoy, but more importantly I would like RAIN. It only rained once during Brotherhood and that was during a mission, if I recall correctly. Rain can really add to the atmosphere. I also think that while it's raining, free-running should be more difficult. You should occasionally slip and have to balance yourself to avoid falling, or lose your hold on a stone as you're climbing up a wall and have to grab on to another.

NO MORE ARMOR. I'm not saying remove armor — I understand some people actually like it, but don't make it necessary for ANYTHING. As has been said by so many others, I do not wish to feel like a tank. I want to feel like an assassin, weightless and quick, not a walking tank. Make armor optional.

Assassin recruits should all have their own personal quests and whatnot. They are your companions, and you should be able to have more of a connection with them. Perhaps they gain bonuses when your bond with them grows.

FULL colour customization. You should be able to individually select the exact color of every part of your outfit, from the seams of your hood to the bottom of your boots.

Less predictable guards. Give them some new abilities, let guards counter or stun you. Don't have set archetypes — make all guards have random, varying tactics.

As the first poster said, money should either be more difficult to earn or there should be MANY more things to buy with it. In Brotherhood, sooner or later you have so much money there is literally no way to spend it.

SleezeRocker is right — I purchased the Collector's Edition of Brotherhood, one of my main reasons being that I wanted the soundtrack. I was furious to find out that I had spent about a hundred dollars and the most attractive feature of the bundle was next to useless. I have listened to each song on the soundtrack about once, whereas if it was on an audio CD I would have put the music on my computer and then possibly on my PSP and I would be listening to it all the time.

Last, but DEFINITELY not least...
Offline multiplayer.
I have poor internet, dial-up. No access to any online services. I cannot download anything and I cannot play multiplayer. I hardly have the money to purchase broadband and when I tried they told us that we can't get broadband where we live.
So many games are ignoring offline multiplayer and it saddens me. My brother and I are both avid gamers and we sometimes are reduced to simply playing Playstation 2 games because none of the PS3 games have offline multiplayer. I would love to play Assassin's Creed with him but it's just not possible.
If you at Ubisoft could find a way to make splitscreen, offline, I would be more than thankful. This is what I want most of all, I think.

Sorry for the extremely long list, that is all. Just my input on what should be in Revelations. I think it's going to be a great game.

Tuck2103
05-13-2011, 01:10 PM
It's quite possible that Ubisoft finished the game already; they might not add any feature that we suggest anymore.

X10J
05-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Removable armour and weapons.

Less philanthropy.

Kick rear-end Altair.

More focus on assassination and targets.

vorenus73
05-13-2011, 01:53 PM
I'd like to see money harder to come by. As people have mentioned, you get to a certain point in both ACII games that you have tons and tons of money and nothing to buy.

I'd definitely like more assassinations, even in the form of simple contract killings. One knock on ACB is that I dont think there are enough contracts.

I loved the possibilities in ACB, but felt that AC2 was soooooooooooo much smoother, the whole feel of the game was just better and I hope that returns.

Definitely looking forward to seeing some beautiful art in the cathedrals, I am still blown away by the San Marco church in AC2 and I think I am going to go to Venice just so I can see it in person.

And of course, another incredible Jesper Kyd soundtrack. That's half the reason I play the game some days. The music is just so beautiful.

Grandmaster_Z
05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
Removable armour and weapons.

iN3krO
05-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by joaomuas11:
Notoriety shouldn't be able to decrease, like Fame in RDR. As you start to have a really high profile and assassinating more guards and important guys, people would start to know the assassin that was in Constantinople, and of course, stealth would bring an advantage, as they would know an assassin existed, but they wouldn't know how he looked like, and sometimes you'd have to eliminate witnesses.

Just like in ac1.... on first 3 missions guards are always yellow but on the last ones they are allways red http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ofc you should add a better system of notoriety and not 8 high profile kills = 100%... It should be like High profiles public 1% and Important ppl public 5% and important ppl public with high profile 10%... Of course if you don't do nothing you would lose it like 1% per 5 minutes of gameplay...

X10J
05-13-2011, 02:58 PM
I have high hopes for the Desmond bits. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

crash3
05-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by joaomuas11:

i think the RDR fame feature was really good as it was a lot more gradual and harder to increase/decrease.

also i hope that horse combat is improved vastly as i was really looking forward to fighting on a horse in ACB and it just ended up being another button smashing affair

MrKnox122
05-13-2011, 07:56 PM
would love to see how weather can effect your Sneaking into Single Player and MP. For example if they day is too hot you loose your grab faster because of sweaty palms or overheating. So if you try to sneak attack your enemy you gotta be careful with overheat that sweat won't or sweating palms don't mess up your Freestyle Running or Sneaking. Or if it raining you have hard to garbing on edge or slipping on the wet floor. Make things more harder for person who like sneak like myself. The Impossible the better make an better player off that.

crash3
05-14-2011, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by MrKnox122:
would love to see how weather can effect your Sneaking into Single Player and MP. For example if they day is too hot you loose your grab faster because of sweaty palms or overheating. So if you try to sneak attack your enemy you gotta be careful with overheat that sweat won't or sweating palms don't mess up your Freestyle Running or Sneaking. Or if it raining you have hard to garbing on edge or slipping on the wet floor. Make things more harder for person who like sneak like myself. The Impossible the better make an better player off that.

not so sure ezio would mess up becaue of sweaty palms however he could tire more quickly in the heat of summer and slip/fall off roofs in winter time due to rain/snow

Killer-Me99
05-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
9. maybe pay for repairs to buildings say if there is a riot or a fight with templars so not just buying/renovating a shop and that's that, pay for maintainance

Oh not again! I'm hoping they get rid of the renovating thing too, for F*#k's sake I'm an assassin, I just wanna buy some sh*t there nothing more. We should think of a better way to make the shops more complicated.

crash3
05-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Killer-Me99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

Oh not again! I'm hoping they get rid of the renovating thing too, for F*#k's sake I'm an assassin, I just wanna buy some sh*t there nothing more. We should think of a better way to make the shops more complicated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i understand what you mean but remember, the objective is to wipe out the templar presence then liberate the city again and make it a bustling happy place to be, how do you do that? shops and public buildings

building types should be:

regular citizen housing
shops
theatres
government buildings to run the districts not rule them
public baths for public health

the assassins are effectively killling the people ruling the city in liberating it, they need to keep the people happy whilst they dont have a government you wouldnt just let them live in crumbling ruins like rome was at the beginning of ACB

Super_Sausage
05-15-2011, 12:10 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, a vault feature for fences, boxes, tables, etc. That's all I want.

knightshad0w
05-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Co-op!

roostersrule2
05-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Why not just make co-op the exact same as multiplayer just not online that way people who don't have xbox live or Psn can see the story side to multiplayer

knightshad0w
05-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by knightshad0w:
Co-op!

And maybe a recorder in game so you can film those epic assassinations.

SleezeRocker
05-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Hmm...what if ACR implemented Multiplayer Video playback?

Kind of like in Uncharted2 you can playback your past multiplayer sessions and even play with a free roam camera. Also you can upload the video to the game's official site so people can watch. Also make it's easier to pick out a game session we really liked it and paste it on youtube http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Not only would it be fun, but it be so much easier to point out glitches and possibly Map bugs as well. I see it as a Win-Win (maybe loss for glitchers O_o? lol)

shobhit7777777
05-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Upgraded Stealth mechanics

*effective Notoriety
*Smarter AI
*Ability to use disguises
*remove weapons and armor to blend better and not arouse suspicion
*ability to crouch

PhiIs1618033
05-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by shobhit7777777:
*ability to crouch
Press RT+A (or R2+X on PS3) and hold that. You'll crouch. You can use it in front of walls to break the line of sight with the guards.

Korvasieni
05-16-2011, 08:55 AM
I really hope there is going to be a lot more actual assassinating. And I hope we could assassinate our targets the way we want.. What I hated in ACB was some of those 100% synchronizations, where you had to kill your target in a specific way. I hope that they would be more like ''do not be detected'' and ''do not kill anyone except [insert enemy name here]'', because then I have to be stealthy, and it gives me the feeling of playing an assassin.

And yeah, I hope I could choose the colors of my robe by myself. Maybe even add some kind of small pieces to my robe to make it look better. You know, like adding little bit fur here or there, or buying a fancier belt.

And wearing armor should be optional. I don't like wearing plate armor. I think an assassin should only use leather, if even that. And daggers should be better and cooler to use, because now I almost always use hidden blade if I assassinate someone, and I use my sword if I fight. Dagger really feels like an assassin's weapon, so using it should be more fun.

Also; dynamic weather! I think the game would feel so much better if sometimes it would rain.

The recruits should also be more customizable. Now the whole system is way too simple. It would be good if you could like choose what weapons you want to give them and maybe make some of them more stealthy and some of them more like ''IMA KILL YOU ALL''. So that others would have better weapons, and others would have better armor.

And about the stables.. Why do all the horses at the stables look the same? It annoys me! I don't want only those light brownish horses.

And, uh, make the guards a little bit less idiotic.. Seriously, if I am in a haystack and assassinate one of two guards, would the other guard just keep walking? I think they should react somehow.. Because now they are like... ''lol didn't see nuthin'; nuthin' happened.. gotta keep walkin'.''..

E: Oh! Oh! And free-roam multiplayer! And you should be able to play that even with one friend. Because I've really wanted to play with my friend, but I don't know enough people to have a private match. Would be awesome to just run around with her, kind of like hide-and-seek and running around. Only with a bit more blood.

PhiIs1618033
05-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Korvasieni:
I really hope there is going to be a lot more actual assassinating. And I hope we could assassinate our targets the way we want.. What I hated in ACB was some of those 100% synchronizations, where you had to kill your target in a specific way. I hope that they would be more like ''do not be detected'' and ''do not kill anyone except [insert enemy name here]'', because then I have to be stealthy, and it gives me the feeling of playing an assassin.

Assassinating is what the game is all about. If they don't put a lot of that in there, then the franchise is lost. Also, detection limits should not be artificial, but more of a 'this is what you get when you screw up'-type of deal. In AC1, if you screw up your stealth, you've got a big fight on your hands. I don't like this, so I restart the mission. :P

knightshad0w
05-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
Hmm...what if ACR implemented Multiplayer Video playback?

Kind of like in Uncharted2 you can playback your past multiplayer sessions and even play with a free roam camera. Also you can upload the video to the game's official site so people can watch. Also make it's easier to pick out a game session we really liked it and paste it on youtube http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Not only would it be fun, but it be so much easier to point out glitches and possibly Map bugs as well. I see it as a Win-Win (maybe loss for glitchers O_o? lol)

Why only in MP? It's in SP the truly epic kills are.
Also, we should be able to place cameras to get custom camera angles that would work great for machinima, and it wouldn't break cannon, since the templars would be watching videos of themselves and learning from their mistakes.

Anyways the other thing I want besides a recorder is a freeroam mode.
It would be really fun to have something like that and maybe even coop in that if they can incorporate it without breaking canon.

ILLusioNaire
05-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Well, I've read a few of the ideas in this thread, and I must say I share the same opinion on many matters.

I don't fully agree however that heavy weapons and swords should be done away with. Being an assassin, one should have the option and ability to perform as desired, only the consequences of revealing yourself to be heavily armed should make you stand out and become more suspicious as a result.

The notoriety system is something that definately needs to be revamped. I found it laughable, quite frankly, that ripping down one poster in the city would decrease your notoriety by 25%, and that bribing one herald would decrease it by 50%. Notoriety is something that should take time to acquire, and as such should also take time to lose. They definately need to revamp the system as a whole. I'm not suggesting they take out ripping down posters, bribing heralds and killing officials, but they shouldn't serve to be so effective. And speaking of killing officials, they should be harder to reach. They should make it so that it takes a bit of time to accomplish such a feat. Different scenarios should be implemented. Officials should be surrounded by guards, AND should be hard to get to unseen. I did not like how they were all just walking somewhere in the city unguarded.

Guards should be more attentive also. Their vision should be able to pick us up from far away. And no doubt I share the same opinion as many of you that guards should be more challenging. I don't believe that Ezio's skills should be toned down though. I do believe that the opponents should be more difficult to kill however, and faster.

Weather needs to be implemented. This is only logical. Plus, if you had thunder storms you could use the sound to your advantage and shoot a guard without being heard. Always wanted to do that. I would like to see snow in ACR as well. I can see Ezio throwing snowballs at guards, lol.

I think that one aspect of the gameplay that needs to be heartily worked on is interaction. We should be able to enter buildings for instance. Not all of them at this point, but a good deal of them. Doing this to hide from guards would be ideal. And there needs to be more than just tables, paintings and candles in them. Perhaps some goods of some kind could be stolen. I'm not necessarily suggesting only money, but I'm not ruling it out either. Perhaps using eagle vision to find hidden items in these buildings would be beneficial in some sense to your cause. This is just one idea to suggest that interactions with the common public could be beneficial. Afterall, Assassins are for the people.

Secondly, the people themselves need to be more...human-like and act according to what they see. They never act as they should-and I'm sure people know what I'm talking about so I don't have to go in-depth about this. Fix this Ubi.

Somebody said on here that owned businesses and sites should be kept up. I'd agree with that. While I like the idea of my assassins going into full blown combat with Templar soldiers for a base, I do not like the fact that the base and the assassins are known about in such a open way as to be attacked upon. I thought it was made clear by Altair that the Assassins were no longer to be so 'out in the open'. But since they're putting this in the game as they have, I would suggest that after a battle between both forces has ensued and a victory won-the base should be completely trashed. Upkeeps are a good idea not only for your area of operations, but also for other businesses.

Now, about appearance. I think it wouldn't hurt to be able to change your garb. Not just the colors in different parts, such as the under-part, which I was always disappointed in because it was always red in ACII and ACB, but also the parts themselves. Making a radical change in your garment may indeed and should in my opinion lower your notoriety a little. If you made a big fuss for a while and all while in a certain uniform, and then CHANGED that uniform into almost something else entirely, well, it would make guards less suspicious of you in the least if nothing else. We do need to see much more customization in this area.

Just a few things I wanted to comment on. A lot of people in this thread already named most of the things I would like to see in ACR, so I didn't want to write a huge post on absolutely everything I wanted to see, but I just felt like commenting on some things that came to mind. Obviously more weapons, better assassinations and build-ups to those assassinations, becoming slower when wearing armor, increased AI and fighting abilities, removing items, and having a better stealth component are only natural to suggest to be rectified in ACR.

TheMusingMoose
05-16-2011, 01:04 PM
I want your Assassin's to be able to die under normal circumstances. I played the entire game and only lost 1 Assassin recruit on accident. The full Assassin's are too strong. I through an Assassin of the top of the Castello, and he didn't die. I would have died if I would have fallen that far, and I am the Chosen One...

crash3
05-16-2011, 01:08 PM
side missions are replaced now with random events: maybe one of these events could be a templar agent sent to kill you and you have to be on your guard all the time. this could happpen in templar controlled areas or when you have high notoriety

ILLusioNaire
05-16-2011, 04:44 PM
I would welcome such events. It would make things interesting. I am hoping that there are indeed much more challenging opponents this time around; perhaps opponents that could kill you almost as easily as you could kill them. Having these Templar assassins pop out of the brush or a crowd and engage you would be a fun and exciting experience no doubt. But to make things interesting they should be able to assassinate you without coming into direct combat with you. If this were to be the case, Ezio should be able to counter these attempts with two things: Eagle Vision and a special "breaker" move.

Eagle Vision could serve as a senser to detect close proximity of these Templar assassins. And in following suit the "breaker" move would be used to dispel the intended assassination, stopping them. If the breaker is done perfectly you could kill them at the same time they are trying to get you. If you do it on time in the least you will stop them, but be forced then to engage in mortal combat. And of course if you do it at the wrong time they will kill you. What do you think of something like this?

VELVET-KILL
05-16-2011, 05:26 PM
A bit more difficulty would be great.
For instance, if guards start chasing you, it should be much more difficult to escape, arrows should start flying everywhere, like if they where chasing frankenstein s monster!!

A bit more variety and difficulty in fights. I think that a freeroam fighting system would be appropriate(batman arkham asylum...) with much more aggressive and smart enemies, it quickly becomes repetitive when you have to wait for enemies to attack, and always in the same ways.

Parkour should also be improved. A more dynamic way of running around, where if you, for example, encounter an obstacle, you dont always jump over it the same way, in that uncontrolled fashion. Different ways of jumping and a quicker way of moving everywhere( a bit of reallistic wall running, jumping over fences, bouncing off walls etc).
Finaly, more realistic nights, black nights where only some areas are lighten by fire( improved stealth and mistery) also more customization and weapon types.

Merci beaucoup, bonne chance et bon travail!!
Thank you, good luck and good work!!

X10J
05-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Korvasieni:
And I hope we could assassinate our targets the way we want.. What I hated in ACB was some of those 100% synchronizations, where you had to kill your target in a specific way. I hope that they would be more like ''do not be detected'' and ''do not kill anyone except [insert enemy name here]''

Oxymoronic???

ACfreak357
05-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Season changes for sure.

Ezio in snow.........now that would be real sick!!

Depends on the location though but still Ezio in the snow would be awesome!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Steelers nati0n
05-16-2011, 11:44 PM
okay, i guess the snow idea is okay. Might be kinda hard to come by in the Middle East though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Blind2Society
05-17-2011, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by ACfreak357:
Season changes for sure.

Ezio in snow.........now that would be real sick!!

Depends on the location though but still Ezio in the snow would be awesome!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Originally posted by aj0280:
okay, i guess the snow idea is okay. Might be kinda hard to come by in the Middle East though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I suppose that could be an issue. Though, there are mountains in the middle east no? Maybe they bring back the 'kingdom' and fit snow in that way... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

X10J
05-17-2011, 01:41 AM
I want to shoot lasers...

...Out of my face.

Or a vault feature. And a pet eagle, just for fun.

itsamea-mario
05-17-2011, 01:48 AM
Well in one of the pictures of Ezio at Masayaf it was snowing.

Blind2Society
05-17-2011, 01:56 AM

...Out of my face.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

And a pet eagle, just for fun.
Actually, that is a great idea. People from Siberia (I think) use pet eagles to hunt for them. They go up on a hill top on horseback and release their eagles to hunt. It is actually quite cool and they have been doing it for thousands of years if I remember correctly. I personaly think it would be a great addiion to the game.

iMBUE_
05-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
Well, I've read a few of the ideas in this thread, and I must say I share the same opinion on many matters.

I don't fully agree however that heavy weapons and swords should be done away with. Being an assassin, one should have the option and ability to perform as desired, only the consequences of revealing yourself to be heavily armed should make you stand out and become more suspicious as a result.

The notoriety system is something that definately needs to be revamped. I found it laughable, quite frankly, that ripping down one poster in the city would decrease your notoriety by 25%, and that bribing one herald would decrease it by 50%. Notoriety is something that should take time to acquire, and as such should also take time to lose. They definately need to revamp the system as a whole. I'm not suggesting they take out ripping down posters, bribing heralds and killing officials, but they shouldn't serve to be so effective. And speaking of killing officials, they should be harder to reach. They should make it so that it takes a bit of time to accomplish such a feat. Different scenarios should be implemented. Officials should be surrounded by guards, AND should be hard to get to unseen. I did not like how they were all just walking somewhere in the city unguarded.

Guards should be more attentive also. Their vision should be able to pick us up from far away. And no doubt I share the same opinion as many of you that guards should be more challenging. I don't believe that Ezio's skills should be toned down though. I do believe that the opponents should be more difficult to kill however, and faster.

Weather needs to be implemented. This is only logical. Plus, if you had thunder storms you could use the sound to your advantage and shoot a guard without being heard. Always wanted to do that. I would like to see snow in ACR as well. I can see Ezio throwing snowballs at guards, lol.

I think that one aspect of the gameplay that needs to be heartily worked on is interaction. We should be able to enter buildings for instance. Not all of them at this point, but a good deal of them. Doing this to hide from guards would be ideal. And there needs to be more than just tables, paintings and candles in them. Perhaps some goods of some kind could be stolen. I'm not necessarily suggesting only money, but I'm not ruling it out either. Perhaps using eagle vision to find hidden items in these buildings would be beneficial in some sense to your cause. This is just one idea to suggest that interactions with the common public could be beneficial. Afterall, Assassins are for the people.

Secondly, the people themselves need to be more...human-like and act according to what they see. They never act as they should-and I'm sure people know what I'm talking about so I don't have to go in-depth about this. Fix this Ubi.

Somebody said on here that owned businesses and sites should be kept up. I'd agree with that. While I like the idea of my assassins going into full blown combat with Templar soldiers for a base, I do not like the fact that the base and the assassins are known about in such a open way as to be attacked upon. I thought it was made clear by Altair that the Assassins were no longer to be so 'out in the open'. But since they're putting this in the game as they have, I would suggest that after a battle between both forces has ensued and a victory won-the base should be completely trashed. Upkeeps are a good idea not only for your area of operations, but also for other businesses.

Now, about appearance. I think it wouldn't hurt to be able to change your garb. Not just the colors in different parts, such as the under-part, which I was always disappointed in because it was always red in ACII and ACB, but also the parts themselves. Making a radical change in your garment may indeed and should in my opinion lower your notoriety a little. If you made a big fuss for a while and all while in a certain uniform, and then CHANGED that uniform into almost something else entirely, well, it would make guards less suspicious of you in the least if nothing else. We do need to see much more customization in this area.

Just a few things I wanted to comment on. A lot of people in this thread already named most of the things I would like to see in ACR, so I didn't want to write a huge post on absolutely everything I wanted to see, but I just felt like commenting on some things that came to mind. Obviously more weapons, better assassinations and build-ups to those assassinations, becoming slower when wearing armor, increased AI and fighting abilities, removing items, and having a better stealth component are only natural to suggest to be rectified in ACR.

Well, I think this thread should be closed. All Ubisoft needs to know is in this post by ILLusioNaire. Well done, sir!

5 Hidden Blades, out of 5!

Blind2Society
05-17-2011, 02:37 AM
You're right, he did pretty much hit it all. The only other thing... I'm kind of fond of the eagle idea now. I mean the eagle is considerably prominent in Assassin's Creed at this point and I believe it would be cool to have an eagle that could perform task for you. Things such as snatching things from people/places, cause distractions, and maybe even attack and kill.

ShaneO7K
05-17-2011, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:

...Out of my face.

Actually, that is a great idea. People from Siberia (I think) use pet eagles to hunt for them. They go up on a hill top on horseback and release their eagles to hunt. It is actually quite cool and they have been doing it for thousands of years if I remember correctly. I personaly think it would be a great addiion to the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You let fly above an enemy base, and then we go to the view of the eagle so we can where the Templars are positioned would help stealth and being able to make a plan before you go in.

X10J
05-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:

...Out of my face.

Actually, that is a great idea. People from Siberia (I think) use pet eagles to hunt for them. They go up on a hill top on horseback and release their eagles to hunt. It is actually quite cool and they have been doing it for thousands of years if I remember correctly. I personaly think it would be a great addiion to the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe what you are talking about is falconry. That sounds awesome and I will name him Samuel L. Jeagle, and we will be best friends.

LxLAS3RzZz
05-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Buildings;

- You should be able to enter houses and buildings freely (not all but most), pick up items or search homes, perhaps you may find something.

- Windows, an Assassin being an Assassin, once he has killed his target he often wants to bail. Let us jump through and into windows and exit through the opposite window, it is an excellent away to escape the guards.

When he it comes to distracting guards, let us pick up a small stone or something and throw it at a guard. Perhaps Ezio can shrug and point to someone else and they'll go for that person instead, letting you go through a once-guarded doorway. The same could be done from a distance to distract the guard.

Also I want to see more affects to actions. If you kill a guard and leave his body out in the open, have more guards placed in that area.

Also perhaps let Ezio talk to people and rile them up, cause them to rebel and attack guards (also can be used for distractions) but also for other purposes.

I could go on.

crash3
05-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by LxLAS3RzZz:
Buildings;

- You should be able to enter houses and buildings freely (not all but most), pick up items or search homes, perhaps you may find something.

- Windows, an Assassin being an Assassin, once he has killed his target he often wants to bail. Let us jump through and into windows and exit through the opposite window, it is an excellent away to escape the guards.

When he it comes to distracting guards, let us pick up a small stone or something and throw it at a guard. Perhaps Ezio can shrug and point to someone else and they'll go for that person instead, letting you go through a once-guarded doorway. The same could be done from a distance to distract the guard.

Also I want to see more affects to actions. If you kill a guard and leave his body out in the open, have more guards placed in that area.

Also perhaps let Ezio talk to people and rile them up, cause them to rebel and attack guards (also can be used for distractions) but also for other purposes.

I could go on.

i totally agree, we should be able to walk into lads of builidngs like in Red Dead Reddemption and not have to be presented with yet another loading screen. it would be goood for improving social and pysical interaction between ezio and his environment

also i think if you kill a guard a yellow/suspicious area should automatically show up around the area in which you killed him. within this suspicious zone, guards should automatically come to ivestigate the area and will be suspicious of you if they see you in that area. if you are caught and start a fight, the more you fight back the worse it should get, with more and more guards automatically coming to killyou as the alarm is raised higher the longer you fight back

my idea is basically similar to what happens in the SABOTEUR when you kill nazis

shobhit7777777
05-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Press RT+A (or R2+X on PS3) and hold that. You'll crouch. You can use it in front of walls to break the line of sight with the guards.

You'd rather have your fingers doing gymnastics to "Crouch" in a contrived and artificial way or simply have a toggle to crouch walk or get up??
Its the latter for me

crash3
05-18-2011, 09:40 AM
shoulod be able to go pronbe as well as crouching. crawl under something large and maybe stick the poison blade in a guards leg or something, would be prettty cool to see

Mutley_Rulz
05-18-2011, 11:19 AM
2 Hookblades, so when we're ziplining across the landscape we can grab a rooftop guard and slam him into a building http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PhiIs1618033
05-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by shobhit7777777:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Press RT+A (or R2+X on PS3) and hold that. You'll crouch. You can use it in front of walls to break the line of sight with the guards.

You'd rather have your fingers doing gymnastics to "Crouch" in a contrived and artificial way or simply have a toggle to crouch walk or get up??
Its the latter for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I play both piano and bass. Holding two buttons on a controller isn't going to kill my fingers. :P

But yeah, by all means, add a crouch feature so that we can walk around as well.

ILLusioNaire
05-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Also, we need more customization options with weapons. We should be able to switch out weapons at will without having to change them. Of course, picking one up won't mean that we claim full ownership over it as one would if they bought it from the Blacksmith.

Furthermore, we should be able to pick up weapons from guards after they have been killed before they have the chance to draw. As we all know, if you kill a guard before he can draw his weapon you cannot pick up his weapon, unless it's a spear.

We should also be able to throw big knives [such as daggers] and retrieve them. I've always wanted to do this since ACII. The effects will obviously be greater than with the smaller throwing knives.

And somehow, we should be able to equip a spear. The spear could go on the back of the assassin. Maybe an alteration to the spear could be a metal rod. But I've always wanted to carry around a spear. Perhaps there is a way to do this.

And of course, being able to finally wield two swords, two daggers, or a hidden blade and a dagger, etc, would be ideal for progression in combat in ACR. I would very much like to see this.

Another idea that comes to mind is double wrist pistols. The ability to take out two guards at once with your pistols at a distance could prove useful if you wish not to expose yourself just yet.

I would also like to see the bow and arrow in ACR. We have the crossbow, but to me the bow and arrow provide a much more satisfying kill.

As for other equipment... Maybe you could carry more or less deadly poisons that kill targets quicker or slower depending on your stategy. A poison that provides a slower kill would give you a longer time-period to lurk around or past the guards. A more deadly poison would serve as another lethal means by which to assassinate, as having options in games means the world.

By Ubisofts own mouth we have learned about the huge array of bombs we will be seeing in ACR. This tickles my fancy and I am really looking forward to see just how many different types there will actually be. Good addition Ubi.

Perhaps we could also carry deadly hand attachments as well. We carry the metal cestus in ACII and ACB, but what about having a claw of some kind that you could attach and detach to and from your fist. I saw this in another thread and liked the idea as long as the claw wouldn't be too big. If you've ever seen Aladdin and the Forty Thieves the man who is second in command holds such a claw. It is exactly what I'm speaking of, only it should look cooler in ACR.

Here's another thought: small incendiaries placed on throwing knives. This makes it so that you don't have to throw a second one, since the target will burn up on impact.

I would also like to suggest more types of armor, and different places to fit armor as well.

Well, that's all I have for now.

German_324
05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
i was gonna do a poll at first but i thought id leave this completely open to anything anyone wants to say. i personally want:

2. Unpredictable combat-get rid of obvious archetypes so we dont know initially how to fight them so its harder
4. a wider range of guilds to establish like merchents guilds, explorers guilds, masons guilds, philosophers guilds.
5. more obvious changes in the city as we take down more tyrannical temlars and liberate more people, for example more markets set up, bigger bustling crowds, less beggars and crime, maybe even better brighter weather.
6. changing seasons
7. get rid of chests, flags and feathers-they are so boring! especially since there isnt any great reward for collecting them
8. money harder to earn-in ACB you swim in money, so definitely get rid of treasure chests
10. tactical deployment of assassins or hired soldiers throughout the city to resist the templars better
11. a complete re-vamping of the notoriety system, it should be much more gradual to gain or lose and should either be a proper gameplay element instead of removing posters and notoriety automatically decreases or they should just get rid of the whole thing

i could go on for ages but i want to hear wat everyone else has to say please comment!!

I would add that and this

Maps for example Rome again and maybe even Jerusalem, Vienna, and Athens. Hell I would love to see Pisa Milan, and Naples.

Also the Ability to take off armor.
Different types of crossbows, and more weapons.
Also the ability to hire 50 mercenaries to have an epic fight. Naval battles maybe, CO-OP, be able to target people from as much as 50m away,I really don't want anything of which you have to kill a priest, and how about more armors like the Brutus and stuff. Also being able to dress like a soldier.

Blind2Society
05-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by LxLAS3RzZz:
Buildings;

I could go on.
All EXCELLENT ideas. Especially the window chase breakers. they would be cool for MP too.

I think this is the first full suggestion thread that has all GREAT ideas. The only one I question is crouching and prone, they are unecessary imo.

Someone mentioned the SP lock system and it reminded me how irritated I was by the lack of range. If I can see the guard I should be able to lock on. Whether or not a bullet or crossbow bolt would hit him is an entirely different issue.

This thread makes me wish I was a millionaire. If I was I would fork over a ton of cake to make sure these suggestions were implemented http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

ILLusioNaire
05-19-2011, 11:04 AM

6. changing seasons

1. This is an obvious addition.

2. I agree with this second point. Things need to be less predictable.

3. I agree.

4. This fourth point of your could be interesting.

5. Yes, more profound changes in the realm around us would be welcome after destroying Templar influence.

6. I agree here as well.

7. I don't agree here. I enjoy collecting feathers, flags and chests. What they need to do differently with chests though is make them much harder to find, and as reward for finding them we should actually get more money out of them instead of the small amount they usually give us. Three to five thousand for most of them sounds good. Maybe this time around they could change the collective items like flags and feathers into something different. But if your whole argument for disliking them is because they don't give you a good enough reward then I would suggest that they give better rewards instead of them just taking them out.

8. Like I said previously, if they make treasure chests much harder to find and come by, then the chests wouldn't be such a common find. I do agree however that they should make it harder to get money. But once you have businesses built and going you eventually will start making money daily. Becoming rich is all a matter of time.

9. I totally agree here on this point.

10. This would be cool too.

11. Yes yes.

Maps for example Rome again and maybe even Jerusalem, Vienna, and Athens. Hell I would love to see Pisa Milan, and Naples.

Also the ability to hire 50 mercenaries to have an epic fight. Naval battles maybe, CO-OP, be able to target people from as much as 50m away,I really don't want anything of which you have to kill a priest, and how about more armors like the Brutus and stuff. Also being able to dress like a soldier.

Co-op is essential in keeping me to play multiplayer. If they don't have this in ACR I doubt I will really play the multiplayer. The thing about the online that bothers me is the maps are too small, you can't go into open combat and fight someone, and you are always a Templar. I understand that that's the way the game operates, but there should be more to it than that. All you press is square. They need to change the way combat works so we can duel each other as well.

crash3
05-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

6. changing seasons

1. This is an obvious addition.

2. I agree with this second point. Things need to be less predictable.

3. I agree.

4. This fourth point of your could be interesting.

5. Yes, more profound changes in the realm around us would be welcome after destroying Templar influence.

6. I agree here as well.

7. I don't agree here. I enjoy collecting feathers, flags and chests. What they need to do differently with chests though is make them much harder to find, and as reward for finding them we should actually get more money out of them instead of the small amount they usually give us. Three to five thousand for most of them sounds good. Maybe this time around they could change the collective items like flags and feathers into something different. But if your whole argument for disliking them is because they don't give you a good enough reward then I would suggest that they give better rewards instead of them just taking them out.

8. Like I said previously, if they make treasure chests much harder to find and come by, then the chests wouldn't be such a common find. I do agree however that they should make it harder to get money. But once you have businesses built and going you eventually will start making money daily. Becoming rich is all a matter of time.

9. I totally agree here on this point.

10. This would be cool too.

11. Yes yes.

Co-op is essential in keeping me to play multiplayer. If they don't have this in ACR I doubt I will really play the multiplayer. The thing about the online that bothers me is the maps are too small, you can't go into open combat and fight someone, and you are always a Templar. I understand that that's the way the game operates, but there should be more to it than that. All you press is square. They need to change the way combat works so we can duel each other as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think a better way of distributing treasure chests is to put them in templar owned banks that you can rob as an optional mission and it would help to remove templar influence as they will have less funds

probably the best place for chests would be at the end of each tomb where you collect a scroll or seal or whatever and there are treasure chests there as an added bonus

however i do think thatthe random treasure chests in tombs should be removed as i am a completionist and i find it really frustrating if i cant find one and i have to repeat the tomb mission a few times to get all the treasure chests

FLAGS NEED TO GO

feathers however could be used like they were in AC1, not as collectibles, but what you use to smear the victims blood with and bring the bloody feather back to assassin hideout to show that the deed is done

i think it would be really cool to combine the blood stained feathers and the victims portraits in the Assassins Hideout so you would have a portrait of your victim in the hideout and on a stand in front of the portrait would be the feather with that victims blood stained on it. its purely an aesthectic but it would be really cool and feel more satisfying after assassinating a major target

chaos_deception
05-21-2011, 12:56 PM
The Combat needs to be much Harder. More so, like it was in Assassins Creed 1.

Enemies should Parry the Hidden Blade When they can clearly see You.

Enemies can Parry Your Attacks, and follow up with a Knockdown Stun Attack.

Enemies can Dodge out the Way of Diving Roof Assassinations when they are Aware of Your Position.

High Ranking Templar Agents, can Sholder Throw You when You try to Use the Hidden Blade or when You try to Grab them.

When in a fight with a Group of Enemies, make it so they gang up on You and attack You at the same time.

dex3108
05-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Beside all gameplay, story and MP elements i would really like if AC:R would have Cinema mode. In SP and in MP. Something like GTA IV Video Editor and Team Fortress 2 Replay Record (i don't know exact name XD). This would be rally nice feature and there is really good stuff in MP that deserves to be recorded from many angles. Also in SP many things are funny and interesting to record. You could even organise some events like TF2 Saxxy Awards and winner would get UPlay points.

Also UPlay needs to bee reacher now it is too little content in UPlay. You could sell Concept art for UPlay points, sell Story based DLCs on Uplay, additional content etc. Also there is too little ways to earn Uplay points. Every Achievement should be awarded with points because there is people who like to explore city to the smallest details.

Tuck2103
05-21-2011, 03:10 PM
When in a fight with a Group of Enemies, make it so they gang up on You and attack You at the same time.

Agreed on your last point. Ubisoft promised that the guards in ACB would be 'much more agressive', yet they still attacked one at a time. In real life, enemies wouldn't line up like that either.
If Ubisoft would alter this so guards would charge at you as a group, it'd also make much more sense to escape, or call in assassins so you don't stand alone.

SixKeys
05-21-2011, 03:37 PM
i think it would be really cool to combine the blood stained feathers and the victims portraits in the Assassins Hideout so you would have a portrait of your victim in the hideout and on a stand in front of the portrait would be the feather with that victims blood stained on it. its purely an aesthectic but it would be really cool and feel more satisfying after assassinating a major target

This wouldn't really make sense within the context of the game. In AC1, Altaïr was (reduced to) a novice who answered to his higher-ups. The feathers were a way to prove he had done what was asked of him. In the later games, Ezio only works for other people when it furthers his own goals. He doesn't need to prove anything to anyone else. He became an assassin for vengeance, not because of loyalty to the ways of the creed. The only reason Ezio keeps paintings of his victims is as personal trophies (notice there are no paintings of any of the assassin recruits' victims in the hideout gallery). Bringing in the feathers as they were used in AC1 would feel forced as they serve no purpose in Ezio's story. It would be cool if we got to see them in the Altaïr segments, though, just for the sake of nostalgia.

GunnarGunderson
05-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:

This wouldn't really make sense within the context of the game. In AC1, Altaïr was (reduced to) a novice who answered to his higher-ups. The feathers were a way to prove he had done what was asked of him. In the later games, Ezio only works for other people when it furthers his own goals. He doesn't need to prove anything to anyone else. He became an assassin for vengeance, not because of loyalty to the ways of the creed. The only reason Ezio keeps paintings of his victims is as personal trophies (notice there are no paintings of any of the assassin recruits' victims in the hideout gallery). Bringing in the feathers as they were used in AC1 would feel forced as they serve no purpose in Ezio's story. It would be cool if we got to see them in the Altaïr segments, though, just for the sake of nostalgia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> How does a blood stained feather prove he killed a certain person? it could be anyone's blood. The feather bit was some kind of ritual or a trophy

Loganizer25
05-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Barber shops to shave our beards and the option to put our hood on/off.

crash3
05-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

This wouldn't really make sense within the context of the game. In AC1, Altaïr was (reduced to) a novice who answered to his higher-ups. The feathers were a way to prove he had done what was asked of him. In the later games, Ezio only works for other people when it furthers his own goals. He doesn't need to prove anything to anyone else. He became an assassin for vengeance, not because of loyalty to the ways of the creed. The only reason Ezio keeps paintings of his victims is as personal trophies (notice there are no paintings of any of the assassin recruits' victims in the hideout gallery). Bringing in the feathers as they were used in AC1 would feel forced as they serve no purpose in Ezio's story. It would be cool if we got to see them in the Altaïr segments, though, just for the sake of nostalgia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> How does a blood stained feather prove he killed a certain person? it could be anyone's blood. The feather bit was some kind of ritual or a trophy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the stained feather idea is purely an aesthectic, it would just be a pretty cool custom the all the assassins do. ezio has travelled further east where they may still stain feathers with the blood of their victims

anyway of course it could fit into the context of the game, we see eagls and eagle vision and collect feathers, it makes perfect sense to use the feathers like they were used in AC1

the eagle strikes at its prey and returns stained with its victims blood