PDA

View Full Version : Important-The Next Best Thing!

Pelotero_10
08-30-2010, 06:36 AM
So, The worst thing so far about AC: B is that thing where you call your crew members, and they drop out of the sky, and when finished, they vanish without a trace; this needs to be fixed! A-S-A-P! (This feature is so bad that I even had a nightmare about...no lie, so I woke up and immediately needed to post this)
Well, I came up with a clever idea for a patch that could fix this. Basically, it would be some sort of command wheel, and what each of these commands would do is give the "Illusion" that we are actually giving the assassins specified commands, and placing them in coordinated, well thought out positions.
1. Follow- This is basic. Just like in AC: 2 your crew would follow you where ever you go (like the mercenaries, or thieves), but in this mode, more attention would be brought toward you and your assassin gang; well, because it only makes sense. A gang of assassins strolling down the street...and also like the mercenaries, you could lock-on to a guard, and send your group to lead them away and come back, or just fight them.
2. Fall Back- Ezio would throw up a sign signifying your fellas to follow further behind you. This would draw less attention to you, and your crew, and your crew could easily blend in with the crowd in this mode.
3. Take Positions- This would lead into a short cut-scene where Ezio would throw-up a different sign, and your crew would break-off and climb to the tops of the building around you. From here on end, you would know that they were on the roofs following you; they could also create diversions, and distractions from here by throwing bodies off the roofs when commanded to...(all of the above names are the specified names; just the actions)
4. And finally, BAM- the only difference I would make to this is add a brief, and elaborate cut-scene where we would see (depending on the situation) our assassin/s spinting from on top of the roof, and leaping, activating their hidden blade, and hitting the guard/s with fool force; Ezio could then have several replies for each of these kills like, "good job fellas" or "nice kill". Then it would show them free-run with elegance back up the walls.
It would also be cool if a variety of catch phrases were added to Ezio when his "boys" show-up for battle like, "Ahhh...nice of you to join me" or "Good timing..."
Anyways, I hope that if these ideas are not considered, then at least another similar alternative! Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you like the idea...

magesupermaster
08-30-2010, 06:57 AM
The game is still in the works so a patch this early is silly, they only need to include this. If they do choose to incorporate your idea.

There are some here that share the same ideas as your's.

They said the BAM would react to the different situations you would be found in.

Murcuseo
08-30-2010, 07:09 AM
I would much rather the recruits AI progressively became more intelligent as they level up. You're training them as Assassins, not as Mercinaries so they should be able to think for themselves.

For me your system would be repetitive and time consuming especially in high traffic combat situations.

I have seen, in quite a few videos recruits doing the things you have mentioned on their own so I don't see the need to add in a command system.

For example, at the start of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K7zmXZvg9Q&hd=1) video we see your number 4 suggestion in action without the unecessary cutscene and cheesey motivational catch phrase at the end. Also in that video you see your Recruits positioning themselves in preperation for further combat. All done by AI with no command system or time wasting.

Clever ideas that originate from nightmares may not be the best source for features in AC:B. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

magesupermaster
08-30-2010, 07:12 AM
You would never change Robson. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Pelotero_10
08-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
You would never change Robson. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Seriously, your one lazy a** sob lol; especially to be insulting my creativity 'cause you would rather have everything done for you. Probably the same way he probably wishes there were no weapons wheel, and the weapons just knew when to come out when you want them to...smh.
I knew I should have been more detailed for all of the mundane characters that stumble on to this poll. The purpose of this was to give the I-L-L-U-S-I-O-N (Illusion) of complete control, and to do so way before battle, NOT during it!
plus, it all the videos I have seen, the dudes just fall out of the sky (even when your on the roof...), and then run away; leaving people wondering where they went???

Shadowzkill
08-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Pelotero_10:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:
Seriously, your one lazy a** sob lol; especially to be insulting my creativity 'cause you would rather have everything done for you. Probably the same way he probably wishes there were no weapons wheel, and the weapons just knew when to come out when you want them to...smh.
I knew I should have been more detailed for all of the mundane characters that stumble on to this poll. The purpose of this was to give the I-L-L-U-S-I-O-N (Illusion) of complete control, and to do so way before battle, NOT during it!
plus, it all the videos I have seen, the dudes just fall out of the sky (even when your on the roof...), and then run away; leaving people wondering where they went a </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that the point?

donts63
08-30-2010, 08:21 AM
You, TS, are a ****** bag. They didn't agree with you so you flame them? Get a life and stop getting nightmares from something as stupid as game play footage of a video game, that by the way is months from release and can easily change.
Cut scenes are generally a stupid idea. This is Assassin's Creed, not some Heavy Rain or something. Maybe you want to press a button and have a cut scene of Ezio scaling the wall, too. Maybe it should also implement Move and Kinect, and you can waggle your arms to make it happen! If you had actually seen the video you would see that the Assassin comes from the roof, and then leaves by jumping off it. I believe this is what always happens, only in other videos, the player isn't looking up, and thus can't see if his partners had jumped from a roof top or not.
Lastly, just get all your Assassin's trained as Cross-Bow Men and Assassinate everybody with a rain of arrows. That's what I'm going to do. It seems like the most epic solution to me.

thekyle0
08-30-2010, 08:24 AM
plus, it all the videos I have seen, the dudes just fall out of the sky (even when your on the roof...), 0:20 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nftvpQIBa3w)

donts63
08-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Yeah that's been linked but he hasn't watched it. He's pretending he has, though.

Murcuseo
08-30-2010, 09:05 AM
I wouldn't worry to much about his attitude, I've become accustomed his firey personality from a past thread so nothing he types can either surprise or offend. I'd suggest anyone else that reads his posts should approach it with the same outlook. Just ignore the narcasism and insults and try to concentrate on his points. lol

plus, it all the videos I have seen, the dudes just fall out of the sky (even when your on the roof...), and then run away; leaving people wondering where they went???

I think we differ in opinion as to what a Recruit should be within the game. You obviously feel you should have control over their actions. Whereas, I would prefer to train the Recruits up to a sufficient level and have them make most of their own decisions within combat. It would certainly maintain a level of realism I would appreciate.

If Ubisoft manage to come up with an ergonomic system for controlling Recruits I'd be more than willing to set aside my opinions on the matter and give it a whirl. Currently noone has come up with a system that I think would make the experience fluid and worth implementing.

Mr_Shade
08-30-2010, 11:07 AM
So, The worst thing so far about AC: B is that thing where you call your crew members, and they drop out of the sky, and when finished, they vanish without a trace; this needs to be fixed! A-S-A-P! (This feature is so bad that I even had a nightmare about...no lie, so I woke up and immediately needed to post this)
Have you watched some of the newer footage?

Not only don't they appear out of thing air, but rather from hiding spots, it also shows them staying alongside you for some time.. they do not just vanish..

I think we need to chill out and wait for further footage, after all the game is still some months away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Since this thread has degraded into name calling and general pettiness, I'm locking it..