PDA

View Full Version : Apply mission bottom does not work

Spy17
01-04-2005, 08:28 AM
I have the mixed IL2FB-PF install.
I play mostly the eastfront campaigns and it happens often now that I can not finish my missions.
when I come to the debriefing screen the apply button is not working when used.

After a good mission this is really frustrating.
Is there a way around this or is it a bug?

Spy17
01-04-2005, 08:28 AM
I have the mixed IL2FB-PF install.
I play mostly the eastfront campaigns and it happens often now that I can not finish my missions.
when I come to the debriefing screen the apply button is not working when used.

After a good mission this is really frustrating.
Is there a way around this or is it a bug?

PriK
01-04-2005, 08:37 AM
You have to wait, sometimes quite a while for the game to write stuff to the logfile (I think) after pressing apply. It takes more time on longer, more complex missions so just give it up to 5 minutes to take.

reddevil49
01-04-2005, 08:39 AM
I don't have the answer for you, but can feel your pain, as I also have this problem. Even going so far as having to reboot the system. I sure hope a solution can be found.

Atomic_Marten
01-04-2005, 03:52 PM
You say it doesn't work. How? I mean what exactly goes wrong when you click green button?

It takes longer for game to 'Apply' with PF than it takes FB 2.04 to load next mission..

Also take note that when you saved your mission (maybe you didn't do this, but for every case), maybe you mark some of the crucial files as 'read only' so game could not write over them; therefore no new missions were to be created when you click 'Apply'.

BTW game works fine for me (v3.03m). Although over the years I have experienced I mean every possible bug in the campaign mode of IL2..

Also pay attention to your graphic driver version (nVidia 66.93 for me currently) (I have problems with nVidia 62.xx I mean -> I have crashed one of my campaigns due to 'bug' drivers), also pay atten. to directX ver.(9.0c)

Spy17
01-05-2005, 11:02 AM
How?
It is a new mode of not working.
I experienced the long wait till something happens before but this is new:

When I hit the apply button the game does not freeze like it uses to do when everything goes fine.
I can still move the mouse and press buttons but there is just nothing happening.

Atomic_Marten
01-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

I have never experienced such an error. And I have experienced 'em a lot related to the campaign. Ussually when you hit 'Apply' it takes some time for the game to create new mission, then when it does create one, you see blank map, without briefing. And the rest is well know, "no map in..".

I can't help you with this one sorry m8.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

But maybe you can do something about it.(BTW I have noticed that you did not mention your game version, it may be improtant, tho) Before you do something els, try this: save your Missions folder, and your Users folder.(copy paste 'em to safe location).

Than, deinstall game entirely. Do a fresh install. After that just put your saved Missions and Users folder back to your game root folder. That way you can at least go on with your campaign.

However, remember to save your custom skins and pilot pics (DGen folder --that is for your squadron pic, if you have a custom one-- and paint schemes folder) if you need them, b4 you deinstall.

Hope that helps a little http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

reddevil49
01-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Spy17 you explainded my problem to a tee. I'm running 3.03m and wonder if you patched over 3.01m like I did with the 100mg patch? I was also wondering if this could be the problem? I am going to try a new install using just the one patch and see what happens.

JG51Beolke
01-05-2005, 06:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spy17:
How?
It is a new mode of not working.
I experienced the long wait till something happens before but this is new:

When I hit the apply button the game does not freeze like it uses to do when everything goes fine.
I can still move the mouse and press buttons but there is just nothing happening. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I solved my same problem by using S3TC compression in the video setup screen.

Good Luck M8

reddevil49
01-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the info I will give that a try before I do a new install.

steve_v
01-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Had the same problem using the new_exe. Due to problems, not an option in 3.03.