PDA

View Full Version : The fighting and climbing sucks in this game.

GamerHugo
11-24-2009, 02:29 AM
So I've been playing AC2 for about 10 hours now (not straight) and my review of the fighting and climbing in the game, which is pretty much what you do just sucks.

The climbing is organized, there's no free running at all. And its pretty slow.

The fighting is crap, this so called "Assassin" just sucks at figthing. I know the controlls, very easy to fight in this game. But it takes like 5 hits to actually kill one person. And when fighting like 5 people at once, Ezio gets his *** kicked.

Its not me, its the game. I know how to fight and climb, its just isn't good in this game.

Iskander_Estel
11-24-2009, 02:34 AM
have you ever been hit with a sword?
you would die at the first strike

GamerHugo
11-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:

WTF?

When I fight with a sword, Ezio keeps hitting the other guys weapon. Not much of an assassin is he.

Dynasty2021
11-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Theyre guards. Theyre trained militia.

They know how to use a sword.

Are you the kind of person that doesnt duck when someone throws a punch at you?

Exactly.

Same applies here. If someone swings a sword at you and you have a sword yourself, youre GOING to block it if you know how.

This isnt a hack and slash game, although you can hack at the guy and after around 5 blocks he will die..otherwise youd fight forever.

You have to time your attacks. When the swords clash, hit attack again at the exact moment and you do an instant kill move.

When youre defending by holding R1/R2 (PS3/360 respectively) hit attack (square or x) to do an instant counter kill.

You say you know how to fight, but if youre not doing either of the above, then you DONT know what fighting in this game is about.

Every weapon has different styles of fighting. Use your imagination and do some trial and error.

m3rcer
11-24-2009, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by GamerHugo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:

WTF?

When I fight with a sword, Ezio keeps hitting the other guys weapon. Not much of an assassin is he. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few things:

1) You must be used to playing games with ai's that give you little resistance or don't fight back at all - Hence your preference for 1 hit kills. The enemies in AC2 aren't as ready to die.

2) A sword is a dangerous weapon. Most of the time, it doesn't kill instantly, but often leaves life-long debilitating and/or disabling wounds.

3) Some of the enemy is wearing armor. Notice how Ezio strikes at the weakpoints or openings in the armor.

4) Part of being an assassin is using stealth. Are you just constantly walking around looking to fight? First try to take out the enemy quickly with your hidden blade(s). If you fail, then fight or flight.

5) You're only 10 hours into the game. You gain more attack abilities as the game progresses on. However, unlike the first game, at the end you can't just walk around a kick butt spamming counters. Thankfully the devs have upped the AI in AC2 enough to keep most fights a decent enough challenge and fun.

kew414
11-24-2009, 03:07 AM
I don't think you're understanding what you want. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

You're annoyed it takes 5 hits to kill a guard, and want to kill them in one hit, or very easily, and you say an assassin should be able to do that? Well, he can, but it's not called combat, it's called ASSASSINATING http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And even if that's not what you meant, if you want to deal with guards easily in combat, throw a smoke bomb/sand, and take them out while they're coughing. If you really do know how combat works, you should know these methods that make it so guards don't take 5 hits to kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Shadowmancer88
11-24-2009, 04:03 AM
For me the old Assassins Creed 1 bug where when you try to climb a wall and your character jumps at it and jump/rebounds off instead of climbing like 90% of the time, they instead fall to their death, has plagued me quite a bit.

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Shadowmancer88:
For me the old Assassins Creed 1 bug where when you try to climb a wall and your character jumps at it and jump/rebounds off instead of climbing like 90% of the time, they instead fall to their death, has plagued me quite a bit.
that's not a bug that's using the controls wrong, in AC1 you could jump off walls into other things and in AC2 you can not only jump off wall's (some times needed to grab something behind you) you can also run up one wall and jump to hit something behind you that is too high to reach with a normal wall run, then you also have the ability to jump straight up walls and grab a higher ledge allowing you to climb quicker or cover gaps you normally cant.

Dynasty2021
11-24-2009, 05:12 AM
I do the double wall jump to reach beams or ledges that you cant run up and grab from underneath if that makes sense.

I run up the wall, hold right as he goes up, then as he reaches the pinacle of the wall run, press jump and he jumps right with even more height, grabbing the ledge and hauls himself up.

Useful evasion technique, and good for reaching areas right next to you when you cant be arsed to drop down and find the 'proper' route.

Michelasso
11-24-2009, 06:56 AM
The fighting is crap, this so called "Assassin" just sucks at figthing. I know the controlls, very easy to fight in this game. But it takes like 5 hits to actually kill one person. And when fighting like 5 people at once, Ezio gets his *** kicked.

Don't even try to play Demon's Souls, then. It would be your worst nightmare!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PlagueDoctor357
11-24-2009, 09:37 AM
You could always run up a wall and jump in any direction you want.

You just gotta practice climbing more.

My friend was terrible at it while I was making it look like cake having played AC1 like twice in prep for the new game.

green_abobo
11-24-2009, 02:05 PM
climbing is what assassins do. they need to be hiding above you at any given moment. (looks up) whew. safe for now.

as far as combat,i just counter kill everything stupid enough to chase me around.

Ezio_475
11-24-2009, 02:09 PM
So I've been playing AC2 for about 10 hours now (not straight) and my review of the fighting and climbing in the game, which is pretty much what you do just sucks.

Its not me, its the game. I know how to fight and climb, its just isn't good in this game.
Every post you make it whining about the game about how its boring and not fun, well let me tell you something. Your a blind idiot, now get off these forums and stop posting, you ignorant selfish person.

NuclearFuss
11-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Ezio_475:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GamerHugo:

Every post you make it whining about the game about how its boring and not fun, well let me tell you something. Your a blind idiot, now get off these forums and stop posting, you ignorant selfish person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Could have used a couple of swears though.

Coolgerb
11-24-2009, 02:39 PM

Nah, it is you. You just suck at the game. You apparently don't know how to fight and climb, as most of us have no trouble with it.

ChewyChavezIII
11-24-2009, 02:57 PM
You can literally kill 5 guards with 5 swings of the blade. Learning how to counter is basic and essential. If you dont know how to do this as well as evade, and be defensive you will have trouble. Dont blame the game though. The game is just fine. I think the combat is incredibly cool. One of the best things that I ever did while playing AC1 was the achievement where you had to remain in combat for 10 or 15 minutes. You had to learn to be defensive if you wanted to last for that long in combat.

TooLazy4Name
11-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Oi, buddy, if your fighting 5 guys and you get your butt kicked, thats your fault. most of the people here (or i think) can easily fight 9 people at a time. or at least i can O.o

ParallelNemesis
11-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Normaly, if you are fighting more than 4 guards at once, you should get the hell out of there. But I use this simple and awesome trick: throw a smoke bomb then assassinate all guards with the hidden blades. Also makes the final boss in the game MUCH easier (before the bare-handed part).

Trace007
11-24-2009, 07:33 PM

Organized? What are you expecting? Flips? Cartwheels? This isn't Naruto. In reality, if you want to climb tall buildings and NOT fall to your death, you have to know what you're doing, and what you're 'going' to do.

If it were unorganized, then that wouldn't be assassin-like at all.

As for fighting, again, what were you expecting? If you walk into a fight and are surrounded by soldiers, you don't just "kill here, kill there, all done."

Use enemy's movements and weight against them, aka counters, learn to use them.

Also, the assassin kills the target. So, unless you are just standing there, still whacking your blade against a guy, wondering why he won't die, then that makes YOU a bad "assassin."

Also, by the sounds of it, it ISN'T easy for you, is it? Swinging your weapon over and over, and getting your "*** kicked" at 5+ men, apparently YOU suck at fighting.

An_Idea
11-24-2009, 07:40 PM
uhh the climbing isnt free running, the running is free running http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

and the climbing is even unrealistic, in the first game they had to speed the climbing up or else it would be unbelievably slow, now Ezio just jumps up, its ridiculously fast compared to how it should be, so stop complaining, got find a two story building, climb it, time yourself, and go play ac1 even and see how fast altair can climb

agentofwraith
11-24-2009, 07:48 PM
This game Kicks A**! I appreciate the criticism. I sure alot of us do. Everyone has one so, here is mine. Your controls are worn or, mechanical skills way off. Nothing personal, just my opinion.

Crash_Plague
11-24-2009, 08:01 PM
You guys got trolled hard.

Teeem3000
11-24-2009, 08:06 PM
I've found that combat in both AC and AC 2 has been some of the best, most satisfying, and most realistic looking(pertaining to movment such as counters, dodging, strafing, using different types of weapons etc) in any game I've played.

I wish that the combat was more difficult, and that fighting 5 guards would actually be an ordeal other than a walk in the park.

Please give me some examples of "good" combat in the other games you've played.

As for the trolling, I'm not to concerned about it.

iamaltair
11-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by An_Idea:
uhh the climbing isnt free running, the running is free running http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

and the climbing is even unrealistic, in the first game they had to speed the climbing up or else it would be unbelievably slow, now Ezio just jumps up, its ridiculously fast compared to how it should be, so stop complaining, got find a two story building, climb it, time yourself, and go play ac1 even and see how fast altair can climb

Climbing a building now, and climbing a building in the Italian Renaissance would be completely different. The buildings in the Renaissance had a lot more hand holds and whatnot. It's more like rock climbing. Ezio's speed is pretty realistic if your are trained and have done it a lot. Look up a video of Dan Osman rock climbing. Probably faster than Ezio

Teeem3000
11-24-2009, 09:12 PM
400+ feet in 5 minutes with no rope is pretty impressive.

Trace007
11-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Check this guy out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPN3gLVDsOY)

An_Idea
11-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by iamaltair:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:

Climbing a building now, and climbing a building in the Italian Renaissance would be completely different. The buildings in the Renaissance had a lot more hand holds and whatnot. It's more like rock climbing. Ezio's speed is pretty realistic if your are trained and have done it a lot. Look up a video of Dan Osman rock climbing. Probably faster than Ezio </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no matter, being able to jump up every single time, without even using the jump skill, just his normal high profile climb would be excruciating, how is that realistic

Stix453
11-25-2009, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Trace007:
Check this guy out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPN3gLVDsOY)

That guy is amazing. :O

obliviondoll
11-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Obvious Troll is Obvious.