PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding complex engine management settings?

bluesman69uk
10-04-2005, 05:03 AM
I have just recently tried to start using these settings and I was wondering about the following. I was flying a Mig 3 with the radiator closed about 3000m when I suddenly saw smoke trails coming from the exhaust. Once opening up the throttle and the radiator did they then disappear.

Is this due to the mix??

I then tried flying a 109 G6 to see if it would produce the same effect in Quick Mission builder but nothing happened. Is it different with all aircraft in the game???

Can anyone advise??

Thanks

Blues http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

-HH-Dubbo
10-04-2005, 05:06 AM
It would be the mixture yes. Some aircraft have auto-mixture (109s for example) and some, I think, should have one but have the other in-game.

nakamura_kenji
10-04-2005, 05:06 AM
probab mix when go up in japanese plane i tend to drop mix 80% at higher altiude when fly ki-43/ki-100/A6m, guess mig-3 similar. smoke show fuel to rich and suffer preignition which cuase engine damage and loss of power, be careful not lean much can cause overheat and destroy engine.
120% fuel low level can give slight power boost/cooling effect but make sure back to go 100% at 2000ft i find or it to rich

does mig-3 have supercharger as may want put to next stage?

FlatSpinMan
10-04-2005, 08:24 AM
I know the Lagg-3 and at least one other Russian bird (can't remember which sorry) need the mixture lowered to 80% around 3000m to avoid unsightly skidmarks.

96th_Nightshifter
10-04-2005, 10:16 PM
This would be a good time for anyone who has a link to information about Supercharger and Mixture settings and what altitudes they need to be changed at for the "in game" aircraft.
I know it has some information in the manual about this for some of the planes but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have all of them listed.