PDA

View Full Version : DCG

Ace_Eloff
04-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Are transit heights always the same, or variable?

How can I change the planes I want to fly for a campaign? I'd like to create a p40 and tomahawk US army campaign.

Thanks -S-

Ace_Eloff
04-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Are transit heights always the same, or variable?

How can I change the planes I want to fly for a campaign? I'd like to create a p40 and tomahawk US army campaign.

Thanks -S-

JunkoIfurita
04-25-2005, 01:15 AM
That's two questions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ok, transit altitude is variable, and can be set on the 'missions' panel (the panel where you can set mission type, enemy type, etc, for the campaign. There's a dropdown box, you can select the altitude yourself, and all transports will fly at this altitude in every mission until you change it. Or you can select 'random', which randomises the transport altitude. Or 'campaign default' in which the altitude for the flights changes depending on the conditions, necessity, etc.

You change which planes are flying in your campaign using the 'squadron editor' panel. I'm going to assume you're flying a single player campaign here, using the full-auto career generation (DGen.exe replaced). Drop a message if you aren't. So the uppermost dropdown box selects the squadron that you want to edit. In it is listed all the squadrons flying in the campaign (useful if you want to fly against a certain enemy, or remove a certain plane from the campaign). For now, you just want to change the plane for the single player squadron. So make sure the first squadron is selected - and check the pilot listing on the right of the panel to make sure your name is listed in the ranks. Now all you have to do is go to the 'aircraft' dropdown box and select the aircraft you want to fly (i.e. P40).

Make sure it's a flyable aircraft, you don't want to be locked out of flying in your own squadron ^_^ (not such a big deal in co-op).

Click 'Generate Mission' to make sure your settings are saved, close DCG and run your campaign.

----

JunkoIfurita
04-25-2005, 01:19 AM
Oh, and make sure you're editing the campaign that you want to fly. If you've just been flying it in the game, DCG will automatically load it for editing. If you havent, you'll have to click 'open', navigate to the folder of the campaign you're flying/want to edit, and double click the 'squadrons.dcg' file.

----

MiamiEagle
04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Junkolfurita I have many questions about the DCG by Lowengin. One question is if I have DCG 3.13 does mean it has the improvements made form 3.06 to 3.13 or are they all have their own upgrades individualy?

Can you make changes in the middle of a DCG campaing.

Is Lowengrin connected in any way by contract to Oleg or is he doing this just for the benefit of the communitty.

I think this what Pacific Fighter needed. I have not flown with game for weeks due to the lack of immersion and its historical inacruccies.

Now I have not stop playing since I was fanily able to install your wonderful program.Finaly Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighter has reached its potential.

I have another question maybe someone can answer. Since I like this program so much I have join Lowengrin Web but have been unable to join his forum. It did not recognize my pass word. Has anybody eslse has had this same problem.

Do you think he can be kind enough and improve CFS2 DCG program as well. That would extemly kind and kool.

I do not treat this Sims as rivals but sisters for the enjoyment of the community.

Thank Miamieagle