PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 FB & the Small World of Flight Games

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 05:50 PM
I realize asking gamers this question in a forum dedicated to IL-2 FB that I'll probably receive very biased responses, however, I'll ask it anyway -

How does this game compare in terms of quality, realism and fun to other current flight combat games?

This game is my first flight game, and I am really enjoying it. I am lead to believe IL-2 is the better one overall, especially for realism.

However, graphically is Microsoft a "prettier" but perhaps less realistic sim? I ask that since I have read that it is an even bigger resource hog than IL-2 FB. I am especially looking forward to responses from gamers who play both.

Finally, I tried to do a search about the upcoming Lock-On game. But the forum is very slow these last couple of days and I time-out. I think it is being published by the same company as FB; assuming I can make mention of it here, can someone tell me if this will also be a very good flight combat sim or will it be more arcade in approach?

As always, I look forward to you responses.

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 05:50 PM
I realize asking gamers this question in a forum dedicated to IL-2 FB that I'll probably receive very biased responses, however, I'll ask it anyway -

How does this game compare in terms of quality, realism and fun to other current flight combat games?

This game is my first flight game, and I am really enjoying it. I am lead to believe IL-2 is the better one overall, especially for realism.

However, graphically is Microsoft a "prettier" but perhaps less realistic sim? I ask that since I have read that it is an even bigger resource hog than IL-2 FB. I am especially looking forward to responses from gamers who play both.

Finally, I tried to do a search about the upcoming Lock-On game. But the forum is very slow these last couple of days and I time-out. I think it is being published by the same company as FB; assuming I can make mention of it here, can someone tell me if this will also be a very good flight combat sim or will it be more arcade in approach?

As always, I look forward to you responses.

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 05:56 PM
This is a link to LOMAC discussion page:

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?name=lomac_gd

Personally have not tried the MS products - read the reviews, visited the forums and went for IL2 then FB.

No regrets.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_eu_us_03.bmp

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 06:32 PM
It is definatly the best out there. Best graphics, best 3d cockpits and its very realistic looking.

But alot of the planes climb, accelaration, torque, roll rate, low mid high alt performance, elevator effectiveness's, damage models, smg & cannon strenghts have some serious problems and have been getting worse and slightly better in the last patch but theres still some serious flaws in many of the a/c.

Its a fun game reguardless

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 06:39 PM
This is the no. ONE.

But when i play online and people are
vulching or shooting at their own mates on purpose
i hate the sim. and i quite.

It should be a good idea to link the online
maps to the age of men.

I`m very hapy with this sim but i hate
to play with kids who are irretating other people.

Martin van Vuuren
Rotterdam/Holland
"hornetsting"