PDA

View Full Version : How do you kick a player when hosting?

Izice
03-07-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm new to pacific fighters and i get annoyed by people who are abusive or lag the game out big style. Is their a way to kick them. Also where can i download dogfighting maps for online multiplay? cant seem to find any anywhere.

Izice
03-07-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm new to pacific fighters and i get annoyed by people who are abusive or lag the game out big style. Is their a way to kick them. Also where can i download dogfighting maps for online multiplay? cant seem to find any anywhere.

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-07-2005, 12:19 PM
First, I'm not sure how to kick a player if the server isn't running FBDaemon( http://www.greatergreen.com/fbd2/ ). If you DL and run FBD then there's a simple chat command that you can access by pressing shft+Tab and opening the console. In the chat you then type the kick command (it should look something like this "<kick<playername").

As far as downloading DF maps, there is a fairly tight community of mapmakers that distribute their wares on particular servers. Some mapmakers protect their maps like their children, but there are some generous individuals who will be happy to send you a few. My suggestion is to learn the rudments of the FMB (Full Mission Builder) and make some of your own. It's a daunting task until you get the basics down, then it's not so bad.

Also, there are very few people running the stand-alone version of PF. Most onliners are running the "merged" install of FB+AEP+PF+patches and you will NOT be compatible to join and fly unless you have the same version running.

Hope this helps.

TB