PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 RC01 Download Available Here!



XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Here's the link to the RC_01.zip file

http://mitglied.lycos.de/noc2002/test/

The only file included is FILES.SFS which I assume needs to be installed along with the leaked 1.2B update.

Found the link over at the German forum. Go and get it!

"He who hesitates is lost" - John Paul Jones, father of the American Navy

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Here's the link to the RC_01.zip file

http://mitglied.lycos.de/noc2002/test/

The only file included is FILES.SFS which I assume needs to be installed along with the leaked 1.2B update.

Found the link over at the German forum. Go and get it!

"He who hesitates is lost" - John Paul Jones, father of the American Navy

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:36 PM
er.. this just the 15.9 meg sound file..?

So um.. i don't get a pony from d/l ing this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.su27flanker.flyer.co.uk/spitire.jpg


~ Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX LF

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Is there an RC_02 file as well? Other posts indicated so.

Mtn.

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:52 PM
If you've already got the leaked 1.2b all you have to do is overwrite the FILES.SFS file with the RC01 version and presto, you've got the Release Candidate. Yes, the Mustang is available and now WEP/Boost is highlighted in the HUD if used, which wasn't the case before. I assume the RC02.zip folder contains everything you need for a "clean" overwrite of the 1.11 version, but no one seems to have been able to download all 70 MB of this before the server closed down. If you don't already have the leaked 1.2b update, there should be mirror sites available where it can be downloaded. Just check over at SimHQ for example, where links have been posted

Good luck!

"He who hesitates is lost" - John Paul Jones, father of the American Navy

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 12:01 AM
http://perso.club-internet.fr/f14/NNCEF/Images/1.2Beta.zip

See you in the fence.....

Asus P4B533 i845E
P4 2.4
Asus GF4 Ti 4200 128MB (45.23)
1 GIG DDR RAM (PC 2100)
SB Audigy
MSFF2
XP Home

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 12:04 AM
is this gonna get deleted?

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 12:11 AM
the_knightsofni wrote:
- is this gonna get deleted?
-
-

Who cares. D/L now and you dont have to worry about it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

P.S. Just in case IBTL /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<center>http://www.medals.org.uk/united-kingdom/images/uk654.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 12:19 AM
Lufbery_Boy wrote:
- If you've already got the leaked 1.2b all you have
- to do is overwrite the FILES.SFS file with the RC01
- version and presto, you've got the Release
- Candidate.


Not True (I think)...
This (the RC01) is a second sound file system to try out.
The release candidate 1.2Beta (released by 1C:Maddox) is the RC02.zip - the bigger one. (about 70MBytes)

You can check this: in the RC02 version (which just says V1.2Beta when starting the game) does NOT have the "tsunami" south east (near shore) on the pacific map, south island.

RC02 candidate is a different size than the leaked 1.2Beta!

Sadly the 1C:Maddox server seems to be down, ask in-game for another link (it's there - and better speed too).



lil_labbit <font color="#00FFFF">
Korg beta tester </font>
<center> http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day</center>

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 12:38 AM
I prefer aviod it and be patient and wait for real non-beta add-on download.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 01:00 AM
Well, I downloaded the RC 01 and tested it a little bit (very little bit).

The splash screen says "FB 1.2 RC" (so no "beta", "RC01" or "RC02"...). Whether it contains all of the files or not, I don't know, but it's too large for being the new sounds only (which usually come in another form), and bring some slight changes: the MW 50 in the Ki-84 is now called "Methanol Injection" or something like that; the "tsunami" is still there, off the eastern coast of the southern island; about palm trees density, I don't know, neither I do for "suspended" static B-17s (I go now and check). P-51 seems harder to bring down: they seem to stand more hits, which is good if the case, since they were way too fragile before.

A.

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 01:09 AM
Mmmh, FB locked for the first time.

As tolwyn.com explains in the ORR, that's the reason:


"No, guys...

You need RC_02.zip

It contains an updated fb_3do*.SFS and fb_maps*.SFS files.

If you don't have RC_02, RC_01 itself installed over 1.2 Beta will not work "correctly."

For instance, pilot kills in the KI84 will lock up FB, there are load out options for the P51 that will not work, etc.

Use RC_01.zip by itself at your own peril.

Just giving you a heads up.


It's true that the game will RUN with just RC_1.zip over the 1.2Beta, but it won't be accurate. And may cause other problems. "

Will revert to the leaked version, and wait for news.


Aero out

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 01:20 AM
altstiff wrote:
- <a
- href="http://perso.club-internet.fr/f14/NNCEF/Imag
- es/1.2Beta.zip"
- target=_blank>http://perso.club-internet.fr/f14/NN
- CEF/Images/1.2Beta.zip</a>
-
- See you in the fence.....

==================================

Is this the RC01.zip file? It doesn't look like this is the correct file, but the leaked beta.

Anyone?

Newt

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 01:45 AM
To the best of my knowledge (with all rights and protections attaching thereto):

RC1 was an update to a previous 1.2B version that may or MAY NOT be the same beta that was commonly leaked to the net. You may find that applying it to your leaked beta patch may cause problems so be sure to back up.

The larger RC2 file is supposedly the 1.11->1.2RC update and will ensure a proper taste of what Oleg is talking about.




<center>
Read the <a href=http://www.mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm>IL2 FAQ</a>
Got Nimrod? Try the unofficial <A HREF=http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=4870c2bc08acb0f130e5e3396d08d595>OT forum</A>

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 01:45 AM
LINK for leaked Beta>>>
http://perso.club-internet.fr/f14/NNCEF/Images/1.2Beta.zip


LINK for RC01>>>>
http://mitglied.lycos.de/noc2002/test/

RC02 is MIA

YOU NEED RC02 for a complete update. I posted the above link so people could play with the beta.

See you in the fence.....

Asus P4B533 i845E
P4 2.4
Asus GF4 Ti 4200 128MB (45.23)
1 GIG DDR RAM (PC 2100)
SB Audigy
MSFF2
XP Home

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 01:51 AM
So nobody has the 02 patch?

Nice public test with half a patch. lol

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 01:55 AM
Files.sfs contains flight models and plane systems like CEM, or the links to such files that contain data, not sound stuff. It's also the only file that runs a version check.

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 03:03 AM
Cappadocian_317 wrote:
- So nobody has the 02 patch?
-
- Nice public test with half a patch. lol
-
-

Just what I was thinking. Oleg himself has made this beta test public, yet nobody really knows from where we are supposed to get it. What am I missing here?

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 08:27 AM
Hey, I got the beta, in the start screen says, 1.2 beta.
The question is must install the rc01 ????


Foxmonter
Rosario, Argentina

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 11:50 AM
I have the same question

The files I have are 1.2beta.zip and RC_01.zip

1.2beta.zip = 76060 KB
RC_01.zip = 16350 KB

I installed 1.2 beta and the splash screen shows 1.2 Beta

Must I now first install RC_01 and then RC_02 or is just installing RC_01 over 1.2 beta enough


<center>
Flight Sims Forever!
http://home.planet.nl/~elzer033/images/dutch-p51.jpg
</center>

T_O_A_D
11-08-2003, 09:29 AM
Dutch60 wrote:
- I have the same question
-
- The files I have are 1.2beta.zip and RC_01.zip
-
- 1.2beta.zip = 76060 KB
- RC_01.zip = 16350 KB
-
- I installed 1.2 beta and the splash screen shows 1.2
- Beta
-
- Must I now first install RC_01 and then RC_02 or is
- just installing RC_01 over 1.2 beta enough

The beta will play just like it is. If you want you can put the RC_01 in it overwriting the old one. But I would bother. Till we get the RC_02 or the official release of the patch. I bet Oleg is going to be miffed when he gets home and finds out this all fell into the crapper on him.

<Left>
131st_VFW_CO_Toad (http://www.geocities.com/vfw_131st/index.htm)

<Left>
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif MY Track IR Fix read the whole thread (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_ts&id=zwqtg)


<Center>http://home.mchsi.com/~131st_vfw/Mad_toad.jpg </a>
<font size="1" color="black">After eating an entire bull, a mountain
lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a
hunter came along and shot him...
The moral: when you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!</font>
<font size="0" color="#59626B">

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 10:29 AM
This regularly scheduled broadcast brought to you by Smartass R Us that don't read the instructions as usual.

Some people just keep amazing the hell out of me.


LEAKED BETA + RC_01 =/= RC public beta 1.2

1.11 + RC_01 + RC_02 = RC public beta 1.2

Get over it, the ftp server crashed noone has RC_02 until monday when Oleg and crew get back to reset it. Posting ways to mismash a semi function patch is only causing harm as people are already whining about thing that are only products of their own stupidity and impatience in mashing together two incompatible versions one of which is only partial.

http://www.redspar.com/redrogue/CraggerUbisig.jpg

About after 30 minutes I puked all over my airplane. I said to myself "Man, you made a big mistake." -Charles 'Chuck' Yeager, regards his first flight

http://www.redspar.com/redrogue/CraggerUbisig.jpg

About after 30 minutes I puked all over my airplane. I said to myself "Man, you made a big mistake." -Charles 'Chuck' Yeager, regards his first flight

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Hi

Sorry, but you are wrong !

RC_01 and RC_02 are the new version from 1.2 beta.

RC_01 together with RC_02 are the Release candidate.

Have you only one RC file installed with 1.2beta then it is only to 50% complete and you can have problems and bugs in the game.

For every FB version

1.0
1.11
1.2beta

you must have both RC files



Cragger wrote:
- This regularly scheduled broadcast brought to you by
- Smartass R Us that don't read the instructions as
- usual.
-
- Some people just keep amazing the hell out of me.
-
-
- LEAKED BETA + RC_01 =/= RC public beta 1.2
-
- 1.11 + RC_01 + RC_02 = RC public beta 1.2
-
- Get over it, the ftp server crashed noone has RC_02
- until monday when Oleg and crew get back to reset
- it. Posting ways to mismash a semi function patch is
- only causing harm as people are already whining
- about thing that are only products of their own
- stupidity and impatience in mashing together two
- incompatible versions one of which is only partial.
-
<img
- src="http://www.redspar.com/redrogue/CraggerUbisig
- .jpg">
-
- About after 30 minutes I puked all over my airplane.
- I said to myself "Man, you made a big mistake."
- -Charles 'Chuck' Yeager, regards his first flight
-
<img
- src="http://www.redspar.com/redrogue/CraggerUbisig
- .jpg">
-
- About after 30 minutes I puked all over my airplane.
- I said to myself "Man, you made a big mistake."
- -Charles 'Chuck' Yeager, regards his first flight

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 02:12 PM
lil_labbit wrote:
- You can check this: in the RC02 version (which just
- says V1.2Beta when starting the game) does NOT have
- the "tsunami" south east (near shore) on the pacific
- map, south island.

So you have it??? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

We all don't have it... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif .

Once again. You need both RC_01 and RC_02. RC_01 has nothing to do with sound! It's the files.SFS, where main FM, DM etc data is in. You still need the RC_02 zip, because there are new map and object files in, plus some newer dlls. And of course, those sound files which are in 1.2b, too.

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Hi

You have the RC_02 file ?

Or why do you know what is inside (tsunami) the Rc_02 file ?

Please contact me if you have RC_02.

I can upload the file on my fast ftp server for all the other guys !

THX
lil_labbit wrote:
- Lufbery_Boy wrote:
-- If you've already got the leaked 1.2b all you have
-- to do is overwrite the FILES.SFS file with the RC01
-- version and presto, you've got the Release
-- Candidate.
-
-
- Not True (I think)...
- This (the RC01) is a second sound file system to try
- out.
- The release candidate 1.2Beta (released by
- 1C:Maddox) is the RC02.zip - the bigger one. (about
- 70MBytes)
-
- You can check this: in the RC02 version (which just
- says V1.2Beta when starting the game) does NOT have
- the "tsunami" south east (near shore) on the pacific
- map, south island.
-
- RC02 candidate is a different size than the leaked
- 1.2Beta!
-
- Sadly the 1C:Maddox server seems to be down, ask
- in-game for another link (it's there - and better
- speed too).
-
-
-
-
- lil_labbit <font color="#00FFFF">
- Korg beta tester </font>
-
- <center> <img
- src="http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.j
- pg">
- Night is better than Day</center>





Message Edited on 11/08/0301:30PM by JG53_Boomer

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Apparently someone doesn't know what a does not equal sigh is.

OF COURSE YOU NEED BOTH FILES THATS WHAT I SAID!

Just adding RC_01 to 1.2 leaked beta doesn't make it the Release candidate beta.

JG53 Boomer wrote:

-Sorry, but you are wrong !
-
-RC_01 and RC_02 are the new version from 1.2 beta.
-
-RC_01 together with RC_02 are the Release candidate.
-
-Have you only one RC file installed with 1.2beta then it
-is only to 50% complete and you can have problems and
-bugs in the game.

-For every FB version

-1.0
-1.11
-1.2beta

-you must have both RC files

http://www.redspar.com/redrogue/CraggerUbisig.jpg

About after 30 minutes I puked all over my airplane. I said to myself "Man, you made a big mistake." -Charles 'Chuck' Yeager, regards his first flight

Message Edited on 11/08/0302:13PM by Cragger

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Clear as mud then.

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 10:05 PM
Thanks Cragger, it made sense to me. Not doing anything other than wait patiently...

Kernow
249 IAP

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 10:11 PM
I prefer wait for real 1.2 patch after finish test beta and fixed because it will spoiled your fun and confuse on performance.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 10:56 PM
JG53_Boomer you are WRONG

ROC_1 + ROC_2 = FINAL 1.2 release candidate!

NOT BETA!

Try reading Olegs title of his post for once!

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zuacr

<center>http://www.gamespy.com/legacy/top10/movievillains/hal9000.jpg </center><center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_hotlips.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

Message Edited on 11/08/0309:58PM by Heuristic_ALgor

XyZspineZyX
11-20-2003, 08:09 PM
read my post again


Heuristic_ALgor wrote:
- JG53_Boomer you are WRONG
-
- ROC_1 + ROC_2 = FINAL 1.2 release candidate!
-
- NOT BETA!
-
- Try reading Olegs title of his post for once!
-
- <a
- href="http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-
- topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zuacr"
- target=_blank>http://forums.ubi.com/messages/messa
- ge_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zuac
- r</a>
-
-
- <center><img
- src="http://www.gamespy.com/legacy/top10/movievill
- ains/hal9000.jpg"></center><center><a
- href="http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/"
- target="mash"><img
- src="http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/
- mash_hotlips.jpg" width="205" height="95" border="0"
- alt="Click here to take the M*A*S*H
- quiz!"></a></center>
-
- Message Edited on 11/08/03 09:58PM by
- Heuristic_ALgor

ZG77_Nagual
11-20-2003, 08:18 PM
Bit of technical nit-pickery - Release candidate basically means - Last round of testing 'we think it's pretty much done'. It's fully glued together with most of the bugs worked out - but still open to question.
We allready know there will be some changes to flight performance in the final release

http://pws.chartermi.net/~cmorey/pics/whiner.jpg