PDA

View Full Version : eGames Australia 07

Lisky831
10-29-2007, 04:18 AM
Original Article

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2007/10/melbourne_gets_its_egames_on.html#more

Overview

Basically, If you live in Australia and want to go to Melbourne in the middle of November (16-18) or if you live in Melbourne, you can play demonstrations of Assassin's Creed, as well as CoD4, Guitar Hero 3, and Crysis.

If anyone from the Newcastle/Sydney area wants to make this trip with me, i might be going, so contact me for further details if you wanna cut travel/hotel costs a bit.

And in the main article :

Electronic Arts' ˜Crysis' and Ubisoft's ˜Assassins Creed' will hit the streets the day before eGames'07 opens in what will be one of the biggest weeks of the game calendar.

Which means it definitely is coming out on the 15th.

stix489
10-29-2007, 04:29 AM
hey cool thanks...but what's the point of testing out AC when we would already have it in our PS3s/Xbox 360s at home!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Lisky831
10-29-2007, 04:32 AM
I thought that was a bit silly too.

I thought it would be cool to attend, but it would definitely take out AC playing time, so i think i will probably stay home and play that instead.

But the info is up for anyone who didn't know about it. Nice for anyone in Melbourne

P.S.

I got a 32 inch LCD from Harvey Norman for only 1400 bucks... Comes with 1080 HD so i cant wait to get my hands on AC.

stix489
10-29-2007, 04:39 AM
lol congrats mate...you go enjoy your fancy high tech T.V...while I'm stuck with my crappy little SAMSUNG! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Snake_Assassin1
10-29-2007, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Lisky831:

I thought it would be cool to attend, but it would definitely take out AC playing time, so i think i will probably stay home and play that instead.

But the info is up for anyone who didn't know about it. Nice for anyone in Melbourne

P.S.

I got a 32 inch LCD from Harvey Norman for only 1400 bucks... Comes with 1080 HD so i cant wait to get my hands on AC.

Congratz on the TV! I just bought a 50" LG Plasma from **** smith for $2600, but its not 1080p - just 1080i which is more than enough for me anyway. Also AC is running on 720p, and I think for at least the next year or two, there wont be many games running at 1080p. I am so excited to play AC on my TV, which has also got 5.1 surround sound. I made a room so I can watch my DVD's and play games on the ps3 exactly for this reason. To play blockbuster games like AC, GTAIV and MGS4.
I was thinking about making a topic on what sort of set ups people have (possibly even pics) of what their gaming rooms are like.... So what are people playing on?

Lisky831
10-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Snake_Assassin1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lisky831:

P.S.

Congratz on the TV! I just bought a 50" LG Plasma from **** smith for $2600, but its not 1080p - just 1080i which is more than enough for me anyway. Also AC is running on 720p, and I think for at least the next year or two, there wont be many games running at 1080p. I am so excited to play AC on my TV, which has also got 5.1 surround sound. I made a room so I can watch my DVD's and play games on the ps3 exactly for this reason. To play blockbuster games like AC, GTAIV and MGS4.
I was thinking about making a topic on what sort of set ups people have (possibly even pics) of what their gaming rooms are like.... So what are people playing on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice, my tv is either i or p. I originally wanted to but the DSE 32 inch, it was only 750 dollars and i'm rather poor.

But they tried to box up the display model, and when i asked if i was getting a discount because it was the display model they said no.

So i asked them if they paid full price for used out of the box products and they said no, and i said exactly and went over to Harvey Norman, spent a bit more cash for a better brand name, quality, and extra two year warranty.

Would be nice to have the setup you have though, I want to get cheap surround sound for this, but at the moment i cant afford it.

P.S.

Your thread about gaming setups would be good

AirRon_2K7
10-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Ouch I like how you PWNed them with the discount thing xD