PDA

View Full Version : Dead Forums = Dead company

OB.BLINK
06-19-2010, 09:58 PM
I've been browsing other companies forums, this out of all of them are pretty much the worst off.

Pretty sure after the GRAW seriers UBI killed off any chance of them coming back w/ a name drop like Ghost Recon.

EA/DICE and Infinity Ward keep pumping out the titles and don't actually listen to a community - Now I come back to the title that made me the gamer I am today, low and behold, its dead.

OB.BLINK
06-19-2010, 10:12 PM
And after watching http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266531/

its obvious UBI is just another console sell out.

I'll for sure not buy this game now.

kleaneasy
06-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Unfortunately we had some issues with the forums in the last week which prevented pretty much the entire member base from being able to login, needless to say during e3 week this wasn't so great. It is however the reason the forums activity has been so low over the last week

OB.BLINK
06-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Well, that still doesn't fix the fact that going from Ghost Recon (the original) to GR:AW (which was a huge failure for the PC community) and now going to GR:FW is just showing that UBI (as well as every other studio) is completely selling out the PC community for profits overlooking the console market.

Sure does taste bitter sweet to know that this GR:FW is just beating on a dead horse.

This is literally almost as bad as Infinity Ward screwing over the Call of Duty franchise.

Hats off to UBI.

kleaneasy
06-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Thats an entirely different issue and in no way related to the recent forum issues and resulting inactivity.

If thats what you wish to discuss might I suggest you use one of the existing threads. Thank you

ST2_Pootin
06-25-2010, 06:15 PM
And there lies the reason I don't post anymore...

>insert threat lock post here<

OB.BLINK
06-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Personally, I don't see it being an entirely different issue.

UBI sells out, looses customers and sells out some more thus resulting in inactive forums.

Pretty funny in all honesty.

Please, lock the post to prove my point.

kleaneasy
06-28-2010, 04:34 AM
I think you misread my post... what I said is any issues you have with the games direction are not the same issue as the recent forum problems which prevented so many being unable to sign in and post and resulted in such low activity during the games industries busiest week.

ST2_Pootin
06-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
I think you misread my post... what I said is any issues you have with the games direction are not the same issue as the recent forum problems which prevented so many being unable to sign in and post and resulted in such low activity during the games industries busiest week.

I'm pretty sure the original topic was dead forums not inability to log in and post. Since moderator cant seem to read the post i can summarize:

Blink states ubi has killed interest in GR series and it shows by lack of forum posts

Ms-kleaneasy states its because there was a problem with logging in to post for a whole week and that is why there are barely any users on forum.

Blink disagrees

Klean states that Blink should go post somewhere else as she has read his true intentions of the original post and he is no longer on the same course.

Pootin makes passing comment and expects another bad email from klean threatening to lock an 8 year old account

blink also disagrees with klean and expects forum to be locked

klean reiterated that she knows blinks true heart and that he was mistaken and confused.

- Read quick as per usual post will be deleted, locked and an email sent -

ST2_Pootin
06-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Sorry I thought we where just repeating past things.....

-delete or lock post here-

baff6
07-09-2010, 02:44 PM
It's been dead for years.
I don't think the last couple of weeks has made any difference.

The problem is the new game looks dreadful and the previous iterations of the franchise couldn't live up to the original.

KZarr
08-25-2010, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by baff6:
It's been dead for years.
I don't think the last couple of weeks has made any difference.

The problem is the new game looks dreadful and the previous iterations of the franchise couldn't live up to the original.
I don't know what forum you've been browsing but some parts of this forum are as lively as can be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

snellevint
08-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Yes ,lively with complaints .

KZarr
08-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Are you sure you're not browsing a different forum?

snellevint
08-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Yes i'm sure .
You ??

SCE_Soultear
08-27-2010, 08:10 PM
This is why most of us will not purchase this game on a console, it being a console 3rd FPS shooter and all - the actions speak louder than words in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBsxGepJGe0&feature=player_embedded)

Yep. I still won't buy Console games to play. If this is UBI's targeted crowd then so be it.

kleaneasy
08-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Games being released on PC does not exclude them to the joy of online trash talkers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

spm1138
09-20-2010, 12:07 PM
This forum is as lively as you'd expect the forum for any hotly anticipated PC game to be http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

OldBota-16
09-23-2010, 10:42 PM
When UBI releases the release dates for every platform (PSP, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3) and don't even mention the PC version, well it doesn't take a genius to figure out the PC version won't (if ever) exist until the console version is out the door and then a few guys will get to work in porting it over to allow for keyboard and mouse. For whatever reason UBI still thinks that's all it takes to make a PC version of a game.

I don't even see a reason for UBI to even release the PC version. You know there won't be dedicated servers and there won't be Punkbuster/VAC.

kalenath
09-24-2010, 04:37 AM
That would require that the company care about the PC players. Ubisoft doesn't seem to.

If they can get people to buy the game by porting it badly, with horrible controls and all, then they will. It's simply good business to sell whatever they have if it will sell no matter how bad it is.

Ubisoft seems to be trying to go straight console now. If so, well, they have already lost my business, I am betting they are going to lose a lot more.

Oh, wait... PC gamers are the minority now, aren't we? Ah, That's it! They are catering to the larger market and couldn't care less about the smaller one. As long as their games sell.

My response is this: 'You ain't going to sell anything to me.'

IF, and I do say IF, the game is actually ported well, and actually has decent controls, not a lot of bugs and at least reasonable customer support, I MIGHT get it when it hits the bargain bins. Maybe.

What do you think the odds are?

BSR_RuGGBuTT
09-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by kalenath:
Oh, wait... PC gamers are the minority now, aren't we? Ah, That's it! They are catering to the larger market and couldn't care less about the smaller one.
You've hit the nail on the head. And UBI will (as usual) learn too late. I remember a recent title (from another publisher) that took a (sales) hit when they decided not to release dedicated server software for PC. PC gamers stood up, said "We're not gonna take it anymore" and they spoke by not spending their money. There's an upcoming title from the same publisher that will be available with dedicated server software. That publisher has it's eye on the pulse of gamers while UBI has it's collective head somewhere else.

If UBI thinks it's products are so good that they can ignore PC gamers' dollars then by all means ignore us. Their console games aren't nearly good enough to compete with "real" console titles like HALO, Battlefield and Call of Duty gaming series. UBI used to be the king of the hill with Ghost Recon, Desert Siege and Island Thunder (all Game of the Year or sequel of the year awarded) but now they're a joke. Ravenshield and it's sequels? They were crap. They didn't support the games and in fact they couldn't figure out how to beta test their patches cuz RvS is still broke. I beta tested FarCry and UBI didn't listen to us testers who spent hours trying to find issues with the game. Instead they decided to remove features cuz it was 1) easier to remove than fix 2) cuz some of the PC kiddies didn't like how hard some of the features were. An example is they kept killing themselves by cooking off a nade too long. So UBI removed it cuz the n00bs couldn't hang. And you didn't have to cook the nade, you could just throw it like was in the official release.

UBI will still sell titles like HAWX, and it's clear they ignore poor reviews cuz the fact is that UBI is about getting the dollar. They figure that gamers will forget that they were duped last time and buy another UBI title. They thing gamers (both console and PC) are stupid. That's a heck of a way to look at your client base.

Or has anyone forgot about how much additional content the console gamers got for GRAW 2 while us PC gamers got squat? I haven't forgot and neither has the rest of the old school GR community. No money for UBI.

kalenath
09-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Well, that was because consoles were the wave of the future, all gamers would be playing consoles very shortly, right?

At least that was what many companies seemed to think. And now, they are doing it again. 'Silly gamers, don't you KNOW that consoles are so much better?'

Of course, gimped controls, auto-aim, self healing, oh yeah, all of this is totally good for PC gamers who played realistic Ghost Recon 1!

We don't need realism, we need more gadgets! We don't need believable stories, we need more explosions! We don't need games that will hook us in and keep us enthralled, no, we need 'play it for a day, get bored and then buy a new game'!

That is what Ubisoft and many other companies seem to be aiming for.

I don't know about you, but I am sick of it.

((PS, I remember the puckered feeling from GRAW2 as well. PC gamers are definitely not persona grata with Ubisoft now.))

Alex_HS
09-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Compared to pre GR2 days it sure seems derelict around here, i guess all the dedicated graw fans are playing MW2 now..

OldBota-16
09-26-2010, 02:32 AM
Games being released on PC does not exclude them to the joy of online trash talkers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I've been playing on PC for over a decade and have NEVER been subjected to anything even remotely like that. But EVERY person I know that does or has played in the past on consoles say that is a regular "feature", though probably not to that extreme. You do the math.

BSR_RuGGBuTT
09-30-2010, 12:03 AM
I agree with 16. I'm playing BC2 (hardcore mode only) now and there's very little trash talking going on. Once in a while some kid starts with the racist comments but that's easily fixable. I usually join his squad, tk him, revive, repeat over and over again. That either makes him apologize or leave.

I've sat and watched my nephew play his console online and the stuff that's said is rude and it's non-stop. I prefer PC and having full control over who is in our server. Can't do that with console. You're stuck.

kleaneasy
09-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Its not an issue I come across often either, my point was its something which happens online regardless of platform, and ultimately anyones opinion on its existance is generally based on personal experience but this doesnt make it an accurate impression.

SCE_Soultear
12-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Its not an issue I come across often either, my point was its something which happens online regardless of platform, and ultimately anyones opinion on its existance is generally based on personal experience but this doesnt make it an accurate impression.

Wrong.

You will come across this more often if you are pubbin then hangin out with friends.

I have played the Console side of things when the first xbox came out. You needed a Visa mastercard or a 12 month card and be at least 18+ to play. M$/360 has done away with that and has chased the money every since.

Why the hell would anyone buy a 360, the worst unreliable console ever made is beyond me. Must be about 7 million suckers out there.

BLaZiNgSPEED
12-26-2010, 02:49 PM
After watching the video which the OP posted, I can't say I am disappointed.
The video does look impressive.

However, it is hard for us to say whether the game is going to be good or bad. The game isn't released yet. Till spring 2011 we will get more information, hopefully.

Single player campaign for 10-15 hours isn't that bad considering how short some games can be. But I hope there is replayability. Difficult levels so that it is harder to complete certain missions.

Multiplayer online is something that I am also interested like many. Since I wouldn't want to spend 30 quid or so just to play a 10-15 hour single player campaign.

The forums are not dead. Its just that the game is not released, so what have we got to discuss about until we haven't played it?

As a PC Gamer, I don't mind if we get a console port, as long as its a good port and the game itself is good. That's all that matters for me.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif