PDA

View Full Version : Med Fashion Statement

vietvettwo
03-14-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm currently running two careers, one in the Atlantic and one in the Med, just to break things up a little. Noticed an interesting thing. In the Atlantic if my bridge watch is in foul weather gear I consider myself lucky if I can even use my periscope at depth because of the waves, forget the deck guns.
In the med my bridge watch is in foul weather gear, the sea is flat calm, no waves and the gun crews have to use SPF 50 sun screen to keep from getting sun stroke, anybody else spot this?

syndicated_CDN
03-14-2007, 11:43 PM
sometimes if the bridge crew is on watch during a storm, and it clears up, the crew will remain in their rain suits until they are rotated off the conning tower, i find this is most common when running in high TC.

geoffwessex
03-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Perhaps the bridge watch wear everybody else's wet clothes, to dry them in the sun (because the Kaleun doesn't want the jumping wire used for a washing line).

I'll get me coat.

Foehammer-1
03-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Also, if you change the config files of your boat so that you can use the guns in the rain, storm condtions 15, rain intensity 1, you may fire the guns in heavy downpour, but the crew never put on the wetsuits. Guess the only way to keep them dry is to never wear them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif