PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited fuel?

Semi-on
12-13-2009, 06:00 PM
I currently play several careers in Il2 singlplayer and noticed that some of them feature realistic fuel handling and some offer unlim fuel only. Does anyone know why is that or do I miss something? Thx.

Choctaw111
12-13-2009, 08:34 PM
At the beginning of career mode, it allows you to pick your difficulty settings.
I have not flown campaign in a few years but I am pretty sure that once the difficulty is set at the beginning of the campaign, it can not be switched later.
Are you sure this was happening in the same campaign?

Zeus-cat
12-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Choctaw111 is correct. Unlimited fuel is a player option and is fixed at the start of the campaign. Once selected you can't change it, but the player always has the option at the start of the campaign.

The other option that can be controlled on each mission is the loadout option. The campaign maker can set a fixed weapon and fuel loadout for each mission, or let the player select them. This is a mission by mission setting and is determined in the Full Mission Builder by the person who created the campaign. You can have it locked in one mission and unlocked in hte next mission.

Ba5tard5word
12-14-2009, 12:01 AM
What they said, when you start a campaign you choose the difficulty settings for the campaign, and unlimited/limited fuel is one of the settings, and once you start the campaign you can't go back and change them.

Usually limited fuel doesn't really affect you much because most maps are quite small so you can generally get to your target and back with no problems. But if you get a fuel leak from enemy fire, you can definitely run out of fuel before you get home. Also some mission designers will try and give you a challenge and give you low fuel, but they usually tell you in the briefing if they do.