PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Vote! Wishlist for Battle of Britain

Harh
02-28-2005, 08:22 AM
In this thread I start vote for Battle of Britain wishlist. Please, vote for it (by my form) so I can send Maddox a letter with statistics. 50 votes would be enough (even 25 would be enough, but better 50 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

This topic is a copy of the one placed in Oleg Maddox Ready Room.

Voting form (after some answers it will become obvious and it will be unnecessary to read it) [EDIT] You may use the form suggested by LEXX_Luthor - it is better:
1) Write your votes without numbers of question or topic skipping one space between the each answer. Between topics place 3 letters (or commas or dots) (forum disallow spaces to be put) to divide topics between each other (it will be simplier for you to understand on which question you are answering). Or you may use second form which is better to view.
2) Write your answer by 1 symbol (without commas). Possible choices:
2 - you think this feature is necessary to the game so it must be added to the game.;
1 - you think it would be good if this feature will be added to the game, but you don't think it is not really necessary, so developers should add it if they have time;
0 - you don't really care about this feature, would it be in the game or not because it will not affect the gameplay for you;
- - it means -1. You think that by adding this feature developers will just waste their time on it or if being added this feature will reduce gameplay in someway.
3) If you wish to add something or just to say write it in the beginning or at the end of your post, so voting form wouldn't be teared.
4) Don't place "2" everywhere as even if developers will decide to add every feature which will get much score then they will just have no time for that and thus you vote will be the same if you place "0" to every item.
5) Vote only for items marked as "number with point" (eg. 1., 2.). Don't vote for "1)" and "a." because first is topic number and second one is related to "number with dot" item. I know it is obvious, it is here just to ensure that no one make a mistake.
6) Don't vote twice and keep your answers by the form. Otherwise your vote will be discarded.
7) Note that if you'll start your vote from beginning of new line your vote will have the same lenght as mine.

Some items were removed from the voting - either small things or mostly obvious items which will no one vote against. They will be written in the end of the list (just for info). Not all of them will be in the post (just matter of time), but note if it was in the list just before vote start (it was posted in the thread "Wishlist fo battle of Britain"). Be sure it is in the list, I didn't remove anything since last post of the list.

Note that I know that letter with vote will not reach Maddox (for example it can miss up in the mess of "where is my patch" related letters http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) or he just will not read it. Then I'll send it second time (or maybe even third).

My vote will be the first answer in the topic. This way I'll make clear to everyone the form of vote.

I'll inform everyone when there will be enough votes.

PS: Sorry for my English http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I hope everything is clear enough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Here is a wishlist:

1) Game:
1. Ground maintanence - reloading, bombs, refueling. Arcade version (quick) reloading for multiplayer.
2. On/off plane details wearing off (and breakdowns) and on/off disallow time under 1x.
3. Real singleplayer with non boring gameplay, not what we have in Il2 "maps&planes". Best if there will be and static, and dynamic, and "branching" campaigns. More mission types: night (which will require planes with night equipment), rescue, trainning etc.
4. Simple possibility calculation of pilot being saved after jumping into water.
5. Be able to operate AA guns.
6. Convert tracks into AVIs (or pictures with frame numbers in the names).
7. Add strategic mode (campaign):
a. Custom flight group management.
b. Mission planning - choose a target from list, to have enfluence on the war (alternative history), altough it is not really realistic.
c. To fly any of subordinate planes, when flying a mission (meaning simulation after strategic planning).
d. Get reinforcement, ammo and fuel.
e. Influence on enemy operations by destroying enemy convoys.
8. Better ground units operation (moving, damage models, targets and so on).
9. Design and things which don't affect gameplay directly (menus, add some photos in the museum, add weapons in museum).
10. Allow to save tracks into different folders.
11. Allow different types of score calculation (British, Italian, German etc.)
12. Add radar operation (information for pilots).
13. Allow detailed customization of game options (eg. some options like detailed water now can be turned on/off only in ini file, or lifespan of aircraft chunks after the crash).
14. Add infantry on battlefields.
15. Add ability to play nonhistorical campaigns (experimental weapons, alternative history) as an ability to introduce weapons which were not build by large quantities or didn't see production at all (like Go-229, Bf109Z in Il2; some rare planes and equipment). Eg: As campaign for Bi-1 in Il2.

2) Radio:
1. Increase dynamically generated phrases quantity. Add dynamic interaction with ground units - eg. tank in the frontline - target pointer for bombers and vice versa planes informing ground and air units of enemy movement.
a. Who is speaking and where is he on the map
b. For whom does he talk (sometimes phrases come from other side of the map.
c. Place, course and altitude of spotted enemies.
d. Gunner informing of coming enemies.
e. Information from ground observation points, spy planes and flight groups.
2. Add story based (trigger) phrases or just add support for them.
3. Extend flight commands list (eg. "return home" to individual plane).
4. Dynamic radio noise based on weather and distance to the source.

3) Surface and environment:
1. Add dynamic weather fronts (or static at least) and different types of complex clouds (eg. with different height) and their altitude. Also add wind on altitudes which will shake plane and disperse bombs.
2. Add bird flocks (simple, for collisions).

4) Artifical intelligence:
1. Bots using different air battle tactics.
2. Bots have real vision (clouds, bottom, back, sunglare)
3. Add reaction time for bots (time before spotting).

5) Network and multiplayer.
1. Integration in game functions, which now being carried out by 3rd party programs like HyperLobby.
2. Better kill calculation (one destroyed cables and the other made one shot into plane that is allready falling - reduce killstealing; dropped the bomb and destroyed the enemy, but was killed by that time). In case that calculations are now made up with points, so just balance them between all, who "participated"
3. Server being able to add bots in multiplayer game.
4. Add daemon/commander as an option.
5. Add some detailed nonhistorical maps for dogfight.
6. Add small avatar and squad emblems support (1-4 kb size) with loading them from server when being on the ground (to lower network load).
7. Add BotMatch.
8. Add (allow) respawn points for static (AA guns) and moving (tanks) objects for multiplayer. Eg.: it will allow cooperative game with protection of the base from enemy tank waves.
9. To be able to disallow some types of armament for the planes (eg. Pe-8 with FAB5000) from the server.
10. Add Dedicated Server for Linux.
11. Reworked online campaigns (more mission types etc.).
12. Allow to use skins which comes with the game even if custom skins turned off from server.
13. Allow limiting of planes quantity on fields (eg. 25 BF109G2).

6) Controls:
1. Ability to control pilot outside of the plane (airfield, after jumping with parachute).
2. Individual controls for each plane (buttons, curves) (eg. "add individual controls for plane NN") and reset of theese options in default "for all planes variant"
3. Open a parachute by key.
4. More detailed controls of planes in view with its individual features.
5. Ability to control plane with mouse. Also, better plane control with keyboard (meaning stick control).

7) View:
1. Ability to stand up, put head out of the cockpit. Move head to edge of cockpit when using hat left/right to increase view.
2. To be able to look upon cockpit instruments directly and with zoom, so all can be seen. It can be bound to hat-down when looking forward.
3. In case of absence of controlling the pilot out of the plane to add a circular view before placing into cockpit (if external views are disabled) so player can see what is before his plane.
4. Give additional cameras: following camera (as plane which you are looking on would appear from following plane) and free cameras to make videotracks appear more realistic.
5. Simple videotrack editor with cutting abilities.
6. Exclude ejected pilots from "view next air unit list"
7. Add support for wide screen modes (16:9).
8. Add 6 Degrees of freedom support (6DOF) for TrackIR.
9. Add different types of air markers (round, transclucent etc).

8) Map:
1. Ability to add marks on the flight map. So everything what flight leader mark would be seen by everyone from his group. And to add marks on the map in flight.
2. Opp-ty to set course before mission by yourself if your rank allow.
3. Option to display all friendly routes on flightmap (as in full mission editor).

9) Full editor and mission engine:
1. To carry on damages between missions and repair with account of presence/absence of parts for replacement. Also, changing some types of arms must consume time (wing cannons).
2. Increase choice of actions in control points on map: ag. patrol, defense of specific object (group), takeoff and intercept (if enemy coming to your airfield), "free hunting" and so on.
3. Improved simple editor and after flight statistics. Add some mission types: intercept, defend, few target types for bombers (friendly or enemy).
4. Ability to estabilish target priority. Eg. in a high priority on protection of certain area to which group still haven't approached, the group will try to evade fighting with an enemy.
5. Add fires in cities in result of bombing.
6. Add air photography of the target (before and after mission) and pictures in the briefing.
7. Allow to add triggers in FMB.
8. Add warning if there is a high altitude difference between waypoints (if they are close).
9. Ability to combine units (groups) into columns (permanently or temporary) for moving through waypoints (as for now one need to manually set waypoints for each group (unit) and they obstruct each other so it is hard to operate on them).
10. Ability to place objects on top of the other (tanks on train cars, cannons on top of the bunkers).

10) Weapons and damage modelling:
1. Add g-force effect - damaged wing can tear off in case of heavy manoeuvres.
2. Improved ship damage modelling - differents and damage of engines.
3. Add "defective" bullets (which have slow initial speed).
4. Detailed adjustement of ammo load (if that was so in reality) - only armor piercing, only explosives , two explosive and one armor piercing and so on.
5. Flaps damage (tear off) if they are released on high speed.
6. Visual damage to cockpits of the bombers when hit with cannon fire.
7. Wings don't tear off after soft collisions.

11) Sound and music:
1. Real sound and shockwave distribution speed (not instantly as we have it now).
2. Add tires hitting runway sound and sound of "air tearing" when diving.
3. Inflight music.

Harh
02-28-2005, 08:22 AM
In this thread I start vote for Battle of Britain wishlist. Please, vote for it (by my form) so I can send Maddox a letter with statistics. 50 votes would be enough (even 25 would be enough, but better 50 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

This topic is a copy of the one placed in Oleg Maddox Ready Room.

Voting form (after some answers it will become obvious and it will be unnecessary to read it) [EDIT] You may use the form suggested by LEXX_Luthor - it is better:
1) Write your votes without numbers of question or topic skipping one space between the each answer. Between topics place 3 letters (or commas or dots) (forum disallow spaces to be put) to divide topics between each other (it will be simplier for you to understand on which question you are answering). Or you may use second form which is better to view.
2) Write your answer by 1 symbol (without commas). Possible choices:
2 - you think this feature is necessary to the game so it must be added to the game.;
1 - you think it would be good if this feature will be added to the game, but you don't think it is not really necessary, so developers should add it if they have time;
0 - you don't really care about this feature, would it be in the game or not because it will not affect the gameplay for you;
- - it means -1. You think that by adding this feature developers will just waste their time on it or if being added this feature will reduce gameplay in someway.
3) If you wish to add something or just to say write it in the beginning or at the end of your post, so voting form wouldn't be teared.
4) Don't place "2" everywhere as even if developers will decide to add every feature which will get much score then they will just have no time for that and thus you vote will be the same if you place "0" to every item.
5) Vote only for items marked as "number with point" (eg. 1., 2.). Don't vote for "1)" and "a." because first is topic number and second one is related to "number with dot" item. I know it is obvious, it is here just to ensure that no one make a mistake.
6) Don't vote twice and keep your answers by the form. Otherwise your vote will be discarded.
7) Note that if you'll start your vote from beginning of new line your vote will have the same lenght as mine.

Some items were removed from the voting - either small things or mostly obvious items which will no one vote against. They will be written in the end of the list (just for info). Not all of them will be in the post (just matter of time), but note if it was in the list just before vote start (it was posted in the thread "Wishlist fo battle of Britain"). Be sure it is in the list, I didn't remove anything since last post of the list.

Note that I know that letter with vote will not reach Maddox (for example it can miss up in the mess of "where is my patch" related letters http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) or he just will not read it. Then I'll send it second time (or maybe even third).

My vote will be the first answer in the topic. This way I'll make clear to everyone the form of vote.

I'll inform everyone when there will be enough votes.

PS: Sorry for my English http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I hope everything is clear enough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Here is a wishlist:

1) Game:
1. Ground maintanence - reloading, bombs, refueling. Arcade version (quick) reloading for multiplayer.
2. On/off plane details wearing off (and breakdowns) and on/off disallow time under 1x.
3. Real singleplayer with non boring gameplay, not what we have in Il2 "maps&planes". Best if there will be and static, and dynamic, and "branching" campaigns. More mission types: night (which will require planes with night equipment), rescue, trainning etc.
4. Simple possibility calculation of pilot being saved after jumping into water.
5. Be able to operate AA guns.
6. Convert tracks into AVIs (or pictures with frame numbers in the names).
7. Add strategic mode (campaign):
a. Custom flight group management.
b. Mission planning - choose a target from list, to have enfluence on the war (alternative history), altough it is not really realistic.
c. To fly any of subordinate planes, when flying a mission (meaning simulation after strategic planning).
d. Get reinforcement, ammo and fuel.
e. Influence on enemy operations by destroying enemy convoys.
8. Better ground units operation (moving, damage models, targets and so on).
9. Design and things which don't affect gameplay directly (menus, add some photos in the museum, add weapons in museum).
10. Allow to save tracks into different folders.
11. Allow different types of score calculation (British, Italian, German etc.)
12. Add radar operation (information for pilots).
13. Allow detailed customization of game options (eg. some options like detailed water now can be turned on/off only in ini file, or lifespan of aircraft chunks after the crash).
14. Add infantry on battlefields.
15. Add ability to play nonhistorical campaigns (experimental weapons, alternative history) as an ability to introduce weapons which were not build by large quantities or didn't see production at all (like Go-229, Bf109Z in Il2; some rare planes and equipment). Eg: As campaign for Bi-1 in Il2.

2) Radio:
1. Increase dynamically generated phrases quantity. Add dynamic interaction with ground units - eg. tank in the frontline - target pointer for bombers and vice versa planes informing ground and air units of enemy movement.
a. Who is speaking and where is he on the map
b. For whom does he talk (sometimes phrases come from other side of the map.
c. Place, course and altitude of spotted enemies.
d. Gunner informing of coming enemies.
e. Information from ground observation points, spy planes and flight groups.
2. Add story based (trigger) phrases or just add support for them.
3. Extend flight commands list (eg. "return home" to individual plane).
4. Dynamic radio noise based on weather and distance to the source.

3) Surface and environment:
1. Add dynamic weather fronts (or static at least) and different types of complex clouds (eg. with different height) and their altitude. Also add wind on altitudes which will shake plane and disperse bombs.
2. Add bird flocks (simple, for collisions).

4) Artifical intelligence:
1. Bots using different air battle tactics.
2. Bots have real vision (clouds, bottom, back, sunglare)
3. Add reaction time for bots (time before spotting).

5) Network and multiplayer.
1. Integration in game functions, which now being carried out by 3rd party programs like HyperLobby.
2. Better kill calculation (one destroyed cables and the other made one shot into plane that is allready falling - reduce killstealing; dropped the bomb and destroyed the enemy, but was killed by that time). In case that calculations are now made up with points, so just balance them between all, who "participated"
3. Server being able to add bots in multiplayer game.
4. Add daemon/commander as an option.
5. Add some detailed nonhistorical maps for dogfight.
6. Add small avatar and squad emblems support (1-4 kb size) with loading them from server when being on the ground (to lower network load).
7. Add BotMatch.
8. Add (allow) respawn points for static (AA guns) and moving (tanks) objects for multiplayer. Eg.: it will allow cooperative game with protection of the base from enemy tank waves.
9. To be able to disallow some types of armament for the planes (eg. Pe-8 with FAB5000) from the server.
10. Add Dedicated Server for Linux.
11. Reworked online campaigns (more mission types etc.).
12. Allow to use skins which comes with the game even if custom skins turned off from server.
13. Allow limiting of planes quantity on fields (eg. 25 BF109G2).

6) Controls:
1. Ability to control pilot outside of the plane (airfield, after jumping with parachute).
2. Individual controls for each plane (buttons, curves) (eg. "add individual controls for plane NN") and reset of theese options in default "for all planes variant"
3. Open a parachute by key.
4. More detailed controls of planes in view with its individual features.
5. Ability to control plane with mouse. Also, better plane control with keyboard (meaning stick control).

7) View:
1. Ability to stand up, put head out of the cockpit. Move head to edge of cockpit when using hat left/right to increase view.
2. To be able to look upon cockpit instruments directly and with zoom, so all can be seen. It can be bound to hat-down when looking forward.
3. In case of absence of controlling the pilot out of the plane to add a circular view before placing into cockpit (if external views are disabled) so player can see what is before his plane.
4. Give additional cameras: following camera (as plane which you are looking on would appear from following plane) and free cameras to make videotracks appear more realistic.
5. Simple videotrack editor with cutting abilities.
6. Exclude ejected pilots from "view next air unit list"
7. Add support for wide screen modes (16:9).
8. Add 6 Degrees of freedom support (6DOF) for TrackIR.
9. Add different types of air markers (round, transclucent etc).

8) Map:
1. Ability to add marks on the flight map. So everything what flight leader mark would be seen by everyone from his group. And to add marks on the map in flight.
2. Opp-ty to set course before mission by yourself if your rank allow.
3. Option to display all friendly routes on flightmap (as in full mission editor).

9) Full editor and mission engine:
1. To carry on damages between missions and repair with account of presence/absence of parts for replacement. Also, changing some types of arms must consume time (wing cannons).
2. Increase choice of actions in control points on map: ag. patrol, defense of specific object (group), takeoff and intercept (if enemy coming to your airfield), "free hunting" and so on.
3. Improved simple editor and after flight statistics. Add some mission types: intercept, defend, few target types for bombers (friendly or enemy).
4. Ability to estabilish target priority. Eg. in a high priority on protection of certain area to which group still haven't approached, the group will try to evade fighting with an enemy.
5. Add fires in cities in result of bombing.
6. Add air photography of the target (before and after mission) and pictures in the briefing.
7. Allow to add triggers in FMB.
8. Add warning if there is a high altitude difference between waypoints (if they are close).
9. Ability to combine units (groups) into columns (permanently or temporary) for moving through waypoints (as for now one need to manually set waypoints for each group (unit) and they obstruct each other so it is hard to operate on them).
10. Ability to place objects on top of the other (tanks on train cars, cannons on top of the bunkers).

10) Weapons and damage modelling:
1. Add g-force effect - damaged wing can tear off in case of heavy manoeuvres.
2. Improved ship damage modelling - differents and damage of engines.
3. Add "defective" bullets (which have slow initial speed).
4. Detailed adjustement of ammo load (if that was so in reality) - only armor piercing, only explosives , two explosive and one armor piercing and so on.
5. Flaps damage (tear off) if they are released on high speed.
6. Visual damage to cockpits of the bombers when hit with cannon fire.
7. Wings don't tear off after soft collisions.

11) Sound and music:
1. Real sound and shockwave distribution speed (not instantly as we have it now).
2. Add tires hitting runway sound and sound of "air tearing" when diving.
3. Inflight music.

Harh
02-28-2005, 08:24 AM
So it is the voting form and my vote (this vote is also placed in Oleg Maddox Ready Room):
1 2 2 0 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 1 2 1 1...2 2 1 1...2 1...1 2 2...0 1 0 0 2 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1...1 1 1 1 0...2 2 0 1 0 2 1 0 -...1 0 0...1 2 2 0 1 0 2 0 - 1...2 1 0 0 1 2 2...2 0 1

Or you can use form suggested by LEXX_Luthor. It is better:
1 2 2 0 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 1 2 1 1
2 2 1 1
2 1
1 2 2
0 1 0 0 2 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
1 1 1 1 0
2 2 0 1 0 2 1 0 -
1 0 0
1 2 2 0 1 0 2 0 - 1
2 1 0 0 1 2 2
2 0 1

Harh
02-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Noone cares?

Tooz_69GIAP
02-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Try making your wishlist a little more compact, and figuring out a better voting system. Then you might get some replies.

Maj_Death
02-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah, your wish list is impossible to vote for.

My wishlist of high priority things is actually very simple:

1) Give AI same flight models as human planes within a certain radius and simplified flight models outside that radius (much like MiG Ally had).

2) Give AI view restrictions and more realistic gunnery (ie wider firing spread and moving it around to try to get it on target)

3) Provide a good map, not these dinky 100x100km toys, give us western europe as a whole on a single map and no, it doesn't have to have everything perfect. Just give the general gist and use a few key landmarks for eyecandy and navigational purposes.

4) Don't give us the Bf-109E3/E4/E5/E6... instead give us the Bf-109E4 and Bf-110C4. Having so many sub-varients of the same plane adds very little to content and is a dishonest way to claim that there are more than just a couple flyable planes.

5) Improve flight models drastically, particularly in regards to engine torgue, CEM, high altitude effects and stall modeling.

6) Add time skip feature

7) Add large formations to campaign and option to create them in FMB

8) Add a couple more features to campaign system such as plane, pilot, fuel and ammunition shortages (similer to EAW).

9) The absolute minimum list of flyables must be the following: Bf-109E, Bf-110C, Hurricane Mk.I, Hurricane Mk.II, Spitfire Mk.I and that's it. The Ju-87, He-111, Ju-88 and some british bombers would be nice but they aren't absolutely necassary.

Things that should not be made cause it would waste time and resources:

1) Aircraft carriers, yes they played a part but only a small part in the BoB

2) Battleships, same reason as CV's

3) Multiple sub-versions of the same plane, give us major versions instead (ie Bf-109C/E/F rather than Bf-109C2, C3, C4, F2, F4, F6...)

4) Prototypes and rare planes

5) Non-relevent planes to theatre in question such as P-51's

trumper
02-28-2005, 02:18 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifI agree with all the wishes published,Merlins to sound like Merlins including the pops and crackles when the engine power is cut back.

Chuck_Older
02-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Harh-

We care, we just don't understand what the bloody hell you want us to do with that encyclopedic instruction list

While this may make sense to you:

"So it is the voting form and my vote (this vote is also placed in Oleg Maddox Ready Room):
1 2 2 0 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 1 2 1 1...2 2 1 1...2 1...1 2 2...0 1 0 0 2 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1...1 1 1 1 0...2 2 0 1 0 2 1 0 -...1 0 0...1 2 2 0 1 0 2 0 - 1...2 1 0 0 1 2 2...2 0 1

Or you can use form suggested by LEXX_Luthor. It is better:
1 2 2 0 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 1 2 1 1
2 2 1 1
2 1
1 2 2
0 1 0 0 2 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
1 1 1 1 0
2 2 0 1 0 2 1 0 -
1 0 0
1 2 2 0 1 0 2 0 - 1
2 1 0 0 1 2 2
2 0 1"

It beats the jesus out of me.

Henkie_
02-28-2005, 07:55 PM
LOL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Is this serious? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I have only 2

1. Let Oleg look to BOB from Rowan with the mods installed. There he can take a look at how a great offline sim must be. Take the good points of that sim and try to make better the bad points.

2. Take out the no cockpit setting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Lt.Davis
02-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Honestly, i can't even read by looking those words like thousand ants...

Monson74
03-01-2005, 03:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maj_Death:

9) The absolute minimum list of flyables must be the following: Bf-109E, Bf-110C, Hurricane Mk.I, Hurricane Mk.II, Spitfire Mk.I and that's it. The Ju-87, He-111, Ju-88 and some british bombers would be nice but they aren't absolutely necassary.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er... why do you think the bombers are second priority? I'd say they're pretty important & without them we'd be dogfighting all day long with nothing really to fight for - no escort missions, no interceptions & we could as well exclude London?

Monson74
03-01-2005, 03:05 AM
I'm talking online off course.

Harh
03-01-2005, 04:04 AM
2 Chuck_Older: OK, I understand there are many questions to read, but there were even more to write... But anyway thanks to your support http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

2 All: So, if someone wish to answer (I need 23 more answers) - form is simple:
1) answer 2,1,0 or - (it stands for -1) on each numbered question
2) Hit "space" between each question
3) Hit "enter" between each topic

So your form will look like that:

0 1 2 - 0 1 2 - 0 1 2 - 0 1 2
0 1 2 -
0 1
0 1 2
0 1 2 - 0 1 2 - 0 1 2 - 0
0 1 2 - 0 1
0 1 2 - 0 1 2 - 0
0 1 2
0 1 2 - 0 1 2 - 0 1
0 1 2 - 0 1 2
0 1 2

So there are 11 topics with questions

As for list size - many questions were removed.

knightflyte
03-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Seriously........... above making the game pretty..... above a planned plane set.... above all those things mentioned. THIS sim needs AI that behaves the same way human fliers do.

I get frustrated when an AI pilot can zip and zoom without penalty of the blackouts, the engine management, or the flight models that I have to fly under.

There's nothing worse than having the bead on your enemy and zooming down on him to shoot. He evades when there's no possible way he saw me from my angle of attack, and then booms higher and faster than I can even though I obviously have an altitude and speed advantage. (We won't even go into the black out issue.)

Without realistic AI, I don't care how pretty BoB is going to be. I don't care about refueling, adjustment of ammo, or even a brilliant campaign mode.

Now that Oleg is incorporating a more complex flight, and engine model I think it would be terrible to not have AI conform to the same 'rules' we do. Not to sound disrepectful or unappreciative, but I'd rather have CPU resources coded and perfected for THAT rather than anything else Oleg is doing.