PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATE* White Rose of Stallingrad: Screenplay. 1st 2 mins.

Copperhead310th
12-22-2004, 01:05 AM
For those that remember a few weeks ago i began researching the story of Lilya Litavk for a possible screen play. I'm still researching. :-)
But one of the more problematic elements other than the gathering of obscure detailied information on our main character is that YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO WRITE A SCREENPLAY AND DO IT PROPERLY! LOL So i have been dividing up the time i've been spending on this prodject (3 or 4 hours a day) between resarch and learning. there are a ton of things that you never quite realize once you sit down to actually write one of these things for the 1st time. one of which is time & workable space. considering that the "AVERAGE" film today is 120 mins. to 140 mins in length and that each page of the screenplay is equal to 1 min. of film time....that doesn't give a writer very much room at all to tell the story. (most screenplays for film are 120 pages long. give or take a few pages.) So you are really under the gun on how to make the story you want to tell and the story you can actually put into a workable screenplay fit inside those restraints.
but never the less i'm going to take a stab at it and from time to time i'll post some of it here for opions. So with that in min here is the 1st min & 1/2 of "The White Rose" (working tittle) this was my 1st shot at this and is basically for self learning. this will most likly change before the final draft. I'll edit the final draft. this is unedited. and unformated.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=--=-=-=-==-=---=-=-=-=-
NARRATOR
IN JUNE OF 1941 ADOLPH HITLER BETRAYED HIS NON AGGRESSION PACT WITH THE SOVIET UNION AND INVADED RUSSIA IN WHAT WAS TO BE CALLED OPERATION BARBAROSA. THE CONFLICT WOULD LAST MORE THAN 4 YEARS AND CAUSE THE LIVES OF MILLIONS TO BE LOST ON BOTH SIDES. FOR THEIR PART THE RUSSIANS WERE ILL PREPARED TO FIGHT A WAR ON SUCH A GRAND SCALE AS WHAT HITLER AND THE NAZI€S WOULD BRING TO THEIR DOOR. RUSSIA€S SMALL AIR FORCE SUFFERED THE LOSS OF OVER TWELVE HUNDRED AIRCRAFT IN THE FIRST NINE OURS OF THE INVASION. MOST OF WHICH WERE DESTROYED ON THE GROUND BEFORE THEY COULD DEFEND THEMSELVES. WITHIN A WEEK NINETY PERCENT OF THE SOVIET FRONT LINE STRENGTH HAD BEEN REDUCED TO NOTHING. AND SO BEGAN THE GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR OF THE SOVIET PEOPLE.

EXT. DAY MOSCOW RUSSIA MORNING 1937
(PANORAMIC VIEW MOSCOW SKYLINE)
CUT TO:

INT. DAY - MORNING- LILYA€S MOTHERS KITCHEN
CLOSE UP FLOWERS IN A VASE ON TALE
BACKGROUND

***Directer's note: All characters should speak in english with russian accent.***

LILYA€S MOTHER
LILY DID YOU HANG THE LAUNDRY OUT TO DRY?

LILYA
YES MOTHER!

MOTHER
{SCOLDING}
AND THE DISHES!? DON€T FORGET THE DISHES AGAIN.

LILYA
YES MOTHER.

LILYA WALKS INTO THE KITCHEN AND SMELLS THE FLOWERS IN THE VASE. SAUNTERS OVER TO THE KITCHEN SINK AND BEGINS TO WASH THE DISHES. POURING WATER FROM A WOODEN BUCKET IN TO THE CAST IRON SINK. HER MOTHER WALKS INTO THE KITCHEN AND KISSES HER ON THE FOREHEAD. MOTHER THEN WALKS TO THE TABLE AND SITS DOWN.

MOTHER
DID YOU SLEEP WELL?

LILYA
YES.

MOTHER
WELL WHAT SEEMS TO BE TROUBLING YOU? IS IT THAT GIRL THAT LIVES DOWN THE STREET AGAIN?

LILYA
NO. MOTHER CAN I ASK YOU Something

MOTHER
YES LILYA WHAT IS IT?

LILYA
WELL YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS AN AERO CLUB NOT FAR FROM THE CITY AND WAS WANTING TO GO AND JOIN.

MOTHER
NO! HUMANS WERE NOT MEANT TO FLY! ESPECIALLY NOT FIFTEEN YEAR OLD GIRLS WHO SHOULD BE SPENDING THEIR TIME AT HOME DOING THEIR CHORES, STUDYING AND LOOKING FOR A SUITABLE HUSBAND. THE VERY IDEA IS RIDICULOUS.

END

-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Copperhead310th
12-22-2004, 01:05 AM
For those that remember a few weeks ago i began researching the story of Lilya Litavk for a possible screen play. I'm still researching. :-)
But one of the more problematic elements other than the gathering of obscure detailied information on our main character is that YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO WRITE A SCREENPLAY AND DO IT PROPERLY! LOL So i have been dividing up the time i've been spending on this prodject (3 or 4 hours a day) between resarch and learning. there are a ton of things that you never quite realize once you sit down to actually write one of these things for the 1st time. one of which is time & workable space. considering that the "AVERAGE" film today is 120 mins. to 140 mins in length and that each page of the screenplay is equal to 1 min. of film time....that doesn't give a writer very much room at all to tell the story. (most screenplays for film are 120 pages long. give or take a few pages.) So you are really under the gun on how to make the story you want to tell and the story you can actually put into a workable screenplay fit inside those restraints.
but never the less i'm going to take a stab at it and from time to time i'll post some of it here for opions. So with that in min here is the 1st min & 1/2 of "The White Rose" (working tittle) this was my 1st shot at this and is basically for self learning. this will most likly change before the final draft. I'll edit the final draft. this is unedited. and unformated.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=--=-=-=-==-=---=-=-=-=-
NARRATOR
IN JUNE OF 1941 ADOLPH HITLER BETRAYED HIS NON AGGRESSION PACT WITH THE SOVIET UNION AND INVADED RUSSIA IN WHAT WAS TO BE CALLED OPERATION BARBAROSA. THE CONFLICT WOULD LAST MORE THAN 4 YEARS AND CAUSE THE LIVES OF MILLIONS TO BE LOST ON BOTH SIDES. FOR THEIR PART THE RUSSIANS WERE ILL PREPARED TO FIGHT A WAR ON SUCH A GRAND SCALE AS WHAT HITLER AND THE NAZI€S WOULD BRING TO THEIR DOOR. RUSSIA€S SMALL AIR FORCE SUFFERED THE LOSS OF OVER TWELVE HUNDRED AIRCRAFT IN THE FIRST NINE OURS OF THE INVASION. MOST OF WHICH WERE DESTROYED ON THE GROUND BEFORE THEY COULD DEFEND THEMSELVES. WITHIN A WEEK NINETY PERCENT OF THE SOVIET FRONT LINE STRENGTH HAD BEEN REDUCED TO NOTHING. AND SO BEGAN THE GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR OF THE SOVIET PEOPLE.

EXT. DAY MOSCOW RUSSIA MORNING 1937
(PANORAMIC VIEW MOSCOW SKYLINE)
CUT TO:

INT. DAY - MORNING- LILYA€S MOTHERS KITCHEN
CLOSE UP FLOWERS IN A VASE ON TALE
BACKGROUND

***Directer's note: All characters should speak in english with russian accent.***

LILYA€S MOTHER
LILY DID YOU HANG THE LAUNDRY OUT TO DRY?

LILYA
YES MOTHER!

MOTHER
{SCOLDING}
AND THE DISHES!? DON€T FORGET THE DISHES AGAIN.

LILYA
YES MOTHER.

LILYA WALKS INTO THE KITCHEN AND SMELLS THE FLOWERS IN THE VASE. SAUNTERS OVER TO THE KITCHEN SINK AND BEGINS TO WASH THE DISHES. POURING WATER FROM A WOODEN BUCKET IN TO THE CAST IRON SINK. HER MOTHER WALKS INTO THE KITCHEN AND KISSES HER ON THE FOREHEAD. MOTHER THEN WALKS TO THE TABLE AND SITS DOWN.

MOTHER
DID YOU SLEEP WELL?

LILYA
YES.

MOTHER
WELL WHAT SEEMS TO BE TROUBLING YOU? IS IT THAT GIRL THAT LIVES DOWN THE STREET AGAIN?

LILYA
NO. MOTHER CAN I ASK YOU Something

MOTHER
YES LILYA WHAT IS IT?

LILYA
WELL YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS AN AERO CLUB NOT FAR FROM THE CITY AND WAS WANTING TO GO AND JOIN.

MOTHER
NO! HUMANS WERE NOT MEANT TO FLY! ESPECIALLY NOT FIFTEEN YEAR OLD GIRLS WHO SHOULD BE SPENDING THEIR TIME AT HOME DOING THEIR CHORES, STUDYING AND LOOKING FOR A SUITABLE HUSBAND. THE VERY IDEA IS RIDICULOUS.

END

-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=