PDA

View Full Version : Parafrag Ordinance doesn't explode?

OldPepper
02-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Tinkering with the A-20 and made a tiny mission dropping parafrag ordinance. However, with or without a delay, they don't go BOOM!

Is there an arming sequence required prior to using Parafrag bombs? As I said, I tried it with a zero delay and my standard 2 second delay. No boom. What am I missing?

Thanks!

OldPepper
02-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Tinkering with the A-20 and made a tiny mission dropping parafrag ordinance. However, with or without a delay, they don't go BOOM!

Is there an arming sequence required prior to using Parafrag bombs? As I said, I tried it with a zero delay and my standard 2 second delay. No boom. What am I missing?

Thanks!

EURO_Snoopy
02-20-2005, 05:57 PM
try dropping at a higher altitude

OldPepper
02-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Actually they are blowing up now. They seem to need to hit something to ignite. They aren't exploding on the dirt. The first few runs, I was hoping for splash radius damage by intentionally targeting a line a mass destruction instead of direct hits.

Perhaps my altitude is too low (200m) for explosions say along a runway... Or, the bombs are designed to be play-things of enemy children? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

On another note, the A-20 strikes me as a giant Il-2 ground attack plane. There's no bombsite. Is the A-20 intended for high angle dive-bombing similar to the Il-2? Or low-alt level bombing?