PDA

View Full Version : AI-controlled planes and simplified FM

XyZspineZyX
08-21-2003, 09:12 AM
I noticed that AI controlled planes totally lack inertia, making it possible for them to bank roll and pitch with great ease.
I don't know if you feel the same, but this is something I really can't put up with... It's been discussed many times in the past, but I wonder why they don't provide an option to enable full FM for ALL planes... it's damn clear AI planes run on a simplified FM, and the way they behave is damn irritating, like when on take off you can't catch up with your mates unless you turn autopilot on (reduced FM seems to apply to player controlled plane too when autopilot is engaged)... what do you think? is it just me who's paranoid?

XyZspineZyX
08-21-2003, 09:12 AM
I noticed that AI controlled planes totally lack inertia, making it possible for them to bank roll and pitch with great ease.
I don't know if you feel the same, but this is something I really can't put up with... It's been discussed many times in the past, but I wonder why they don't provide an option to enable full FM for ALL planes... it's damn clear AI planes run on a simplified FM, and the way they behave is damn irritating, like when on take off you can't catch up with your mates unless you turn autopilot on (reduced FM seems to apply to player controlled plane too when autopilot is engaged)... what do you think? is it just me who's paranoid?

XyZspineZyX
08-21-2003, 09:16 AM
hm... I wouldn't say I'm paranoid about this and so shouldn't be you, but I'd also like the option to chose propper flight model for AI /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-21-2003, 09:20 AM
i second you......it does get irritating alot of the times......and yes i think they schould add this choise.
then again maybe it will be too heavy for our computers....you never know

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.

http://www.x-plane.org/users/12thiaptbone/mirage.jpg

</span></blockquote></font></td></tr>

XyZspineZyX
08-21-2003, 09:21 AM
Nope it's not you being paranoid, it's your equipment being too small. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

The flight model eats up a lot of CPU cycles, so if the full flight model was applied to AI aircraft it would either mean significantly slower gameplay or significantly fewer AI planes, none of which I find desirable.

cheers/slush

http://dk.groups.yahoo.com/group/aktivitetsdage/files/Eurotrolls.gif

You can't handle the truth!
Col. Jessep