PDA

View Full Version : Air Fields

Paperkite29
12-01-2009, 03:56 PM
How doe one make a 1) grass landing strip , much less a concrete one for heavys? I did an open field t/o and whoa ...." watch out for trees" George.... I combed all thru the FMB and did not see anyway unless it is in " objects" ?
TIA

Only takestwo things to fly:
Airspeed and money!

Kernow
12-02-2009, 11:10 AM
You're stuck with the airfields that are included as part of each map, although you can create a landing strip on a stretch of flat ground by using the runways found at the bottom of the static ships list in FMB objects (probably not the most obvious place to look for an airfield).

FlatSpinMan
12-05-2009, 05:49 AM
Ditto the above.
Landing strips are pre-fixed on the map, however, if you find an expanse of flat land long enough you can use the Runway objects in the Stationary Ships menu. This will give you I think four choices of visible strips of different lengths, plus three invisible ones.

NOTES:
SOME of these runways are RAISED above ground level, so that if you taxi on/off them, your plane will at best, break it's undercarriage.

To use them, you need to treat them like Aircraft Carriers. Set the aircraft Take-Off point as usual but then, under Waypoints, select Target and click on the runway. Do this just for take-off and landing. If you don't do this, the planes will line up near the runway.

To take off from this kind of runway you need to remember that the game views them as Aircraft carriers, so you'll need to disengage CHOCKS (set a key for it in the Controls Section first). If you are planning to share the mission with others, it's good to remind them about this.

Paperkite29
12-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks.