PDA

View Full Version : Hillarious SC:C review!!!

AbsentOfMind
05-06-2010, 05:56 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.co...nter-Cell-Conviction (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1684-Splinter-Cell-Conviction)

You gotta see this... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

longbowlc
05-06-2010, 06:43 AM
LOL, it's true though

Arius047
05-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Wether its true is a matter of opinion. As far as I know, this guy always flames on whatever games he can get his hands on.

I'm an oldschool Splinter Cell player and I have to say I love this game aswell.
Sure, they always know you're there and theres absolutely no way to ghost through the game, but if you use that gun just for shooting lights and make use of the darkness, you can surely snap all of their necks with your bare hands without even being detected.

vinyl2010
05-06-2010, 07:16 AM
hehehe, that is sweet......and yes, it's true though...

longbowlc
05-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Arius047:
Wether its true is a matter of opinion. As far as I know, this guy always flames on whatever games he can get his hands on.

I'm an oldschool Splinter Cell player and I have to say I love this game aswell.
Sure, they always know you're there and theres absolutely no way to ghost through the game, but if you use that gun just for shooting lights and make use of the darkness, you can surely snap all of their necks with your bare hands without even being detected. it is fun no doubt, but he mentions the flaws involving the action stuff(seriously, i tried to climb a wall, but fisher decided to open a door behind me and alert the room of guards)

Dread_stunlock
05-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Now I dare you to try making a review about any other game and talk as fast as he did with barely breathing O o That would be a skill!

neuro.mancer
05-06-2010, 10:41 AM
This is a pretty typical ZP review. There are only 2 games he has reviewed that he doesn't rip to shreds: Thief and Portal.

Ceibalk
05-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Oh Yahtzee, you never let me down.

novaeffingbear
05-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by DR-longbow1:

it is fun no doubt, but he mentions the flaws involving the action stuff(seriously, i tried to climb a wall, but fisher decided to open a door behind me and alert the room of guards)

I never had that problem so it's obviously a player problem and not a game problem.

novaeffingbear
05-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Arius047:

Sure, they always know you're there and theres absolutely no way to ghost through the game, but if you use that gun just for shooting lights and make use of the darkness, you can surely snap all of their necks with your bare hands without even being detected.

You can definately play this game as a ghost considering I did, I just put away my gun and didn't take it out to shoot anyone or any lights (except the tutorial part of course). Just take out guards one by one, use your gadgets, that's why they're there. Had to use gadgets in the first Splinter cells too.

tse_tsz_tun
05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
LOL, partly true http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

The fun fact is that when cameras and guards discovered the bodies in Hunter & Infiltration mode,
there is no alarm and reinforcements http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

DarthAdrian
05-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Yahtzee makes fun of every game he reviews. His reviews are good for a laugh even if you do not agree. I certainly do not agree with his assessment of SCC.

longbowlc
05-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by novaeffingbear:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DR-longbow1:

it is fun no doubt, but he mentions the flaws involving the action stuff(seriously, i tried to climb a wall, but fisher decided to open a door behind me and alert the room of guards)

I never had that problem so it's obviously a player problem and not a game problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>probobly, but when it happens 3 times in a row (and how buggy some previous ubisoft games i own even after 3 years) i blame anything

Boris5134
05-06-2010, 06:09 PM
While I have to agree to an extent with the video I do agree that it sorta is a bit of a shame for a "stealth" game, but I guess that is why they called it "Stealth Action". I like the mark and execute but I feel it could have done SLIGHTLY better than simply point and click is by giving the player the option to fire. So simply the execute just points, let the user actually pull the trigger. Using cover, good, toggle run.... not so good. Having some very short windows on what you have to look at to actually perform actions I've only been hung up on a slight bit, but it has cost me a few lives. Autokill with "B" (C for computers I guess), not always, the more elites and splinter cells have been able to catch me sorta in transition. Not that it should be like AC1 with the hidden blade while in a duel that you simply won't hit no matter how many times you try, it doesn't always block, and not always allow you to kill. Usually its not the one I'm going after that kills me, its his friend standing 10 feet away with an AK47.

MartyMcFly1988
05-06-2010, 06:40 PM
I would be interested to see if you think my review of the PC version is fair in comparisson: Splinter Cell Conviction Review (PC Version) - Alternative Magazine Online (http://alternativemagazineonline.co.uk/2010/05/07/game-review-splinter-cell-conviction-pc-version/)

Boris5134
05-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Yea, again, perhaps I'll have to write on my behalf on what Ubisoft did right, and what it did wrong. I understand the team was under a set budget and under a time frame, but their eyes were too big for their stomachs and bit off more than they could chew by releasing so early and not giving it proper time to fully evolve the series, or polish it.

AbsentOfMind
05-07-2010, 03:57 AM
Back when they delayed it(the third time I mean[last year]) the only excuse was- we're polishing it.
GJ!

Gh05t1976
05-12-2010, 11:28 PM
That was "Uber Hilarious"! ****ed mahself laughing so much! Yeah, the review rips this game to shreds; and yeah the guy is partial to the games he likes "Thief" and the others listed in his comparisons. But truth is truth. If the AI is about as smart as a bunch of "-tards in a circle jerk" then the "Canadian Bacon" developers need to take that advice and manufacture better games. Because if some of their bosses are reading these posts and watching reviews like the one that sparked this thread....then the next game the boys/girls from Montreal will be working on will be the follow-up add-on to "Duke Nuke'em Forever"!