PDA

View Full Version : Arcademode a great learningtool (and a suggestion).

F19_Ob
06-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Hello lads and developers.

I have a small suggestion about arcademode.

Personally I think Trackrecording and arcademode are two of the most interesting features in the sim (any sim) because they have increased and deepened my learning and understanding of tactics and very much deflectionshooting. So I take the opportunity to thank U for these fantastic features (Thank you).
I mainly fly online nowadays but often practise in QMB and in arcademode to learn what damage different weapons do since I fly almost all planes.
----------------------------------------------
My suggestion is to remove the textballoons in arcademode when one achieves a kill or disables the fighter. The textballoons are in the way when one wants to take a closer look on the damage and count the hits.

I know U guys are busy with more important and urgent things but if it's easy to fix please consider it.
-------------------------------------

Regards http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

F19_Ob
06-20-2005, 05:49 AM
Ohh! and also the possibility to use arcademode with NTRK's.

Online is where most misunderstandings happen and people often feel they hit a plane and it didn't go down and showed no indication of damage.
Here the arcade mode would be perfect for determining what happened, and one could see what weapon hit and where. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

anarchy52
06-20-2005, 06:27 AM
Suggestions for BoB:
1) hits by different weapons should be represented by different arrows in arcade mode. For example machinegun: blue arrow, cannon red arrow...etc.
2) Detailed damage log: for example: fuel tank (sealable), fuel tank (non sealable), radiator, oilcooler, prop governor...etc. Those features are already present in FB damage model but are not logged.

Bearcat99
06-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Good post. It amazes me how all inclsive this sim is. Everything you need to fully learn it and become proficient using it isa right here.

FritzGryphon
06-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Showing penetration by varying the length of the arrow would be nice.