PDA

View Full Version : Dogfight in Hyperlobby

sveper
04-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi all!

Hope it is ok to ask a question about HL here?

Iīm new to flying online and Iīm confused about selecting a team and an aircraft on dogfight servers.

Yesterday I joined the Ger-Serv-Arcade (was shot down three times, crached twice and was lucky to kill one gentleman) and today I joined to Delta Bravo, but left server right away.

Does it matter which team I join (red/blue) in question of which aircrafts that are avalible?
Or does each team have their own aircrafts like red:Allies aircraft Blue:axis aircraft?

Or is any aircraft selectable whatever team I chose? Like, "just pick an aircraft that looks nice and fly"?

Regs
Falkman

na85
04-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by sveper:
Hi all!

Hope it is ok to ask a question about HL here?

Of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Does it matter which team I join (red/blue) in question of which aircrafts that are avalible?
Or does each team have their own aircrafts like red:Allies aircraft Blue:axis aircraft?

Or is any aircraft selectable whatever team I chose? Like, "just pick an aircraft that looks nice and fly"?

It depends on the mission, actually. When you make a dogfight mission for IL2 you must specify which aircraft are available at which bases.

Generally what you'll find is that there are different "classes" of servers, and those servers have different levels of adherence to historical realism.

So on one server, every map might have all aircraft available from all sides of the war, and on another server all the maps will be historical red=allies blue=axis stuff.

Hope that clears it up.

danjama
04-18-2009, 03:57 PM
You should generally pick the team with less players too. And use correct markings.

na85
04-18-2009, 04:04 PM
I've never understood why people insist on markings.

I agree that it looks better and that seeing a 109 with Japanese markings looks stupid.

But I don't buy the argument that people can't tell if it's friendly or hostile without correct markings.

general_kalle
04-18-2009, 04:08 PM
on servers with all planes on both sides and no attention to authentic war i dont care about markings but on the more realisticly laid out servers such as UK-D where its red allies vs blue axis i dont want to see a japanese spitfire.

danjama
04-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by general_kalle:
on servers with all planes on both sides and no attention to authentic war i dont care about markings but on the more realisticly laid out servers such as UK-D where its red allies vs blue axis i dont want to see a japanese spitfire.

exactly.

isnt it enough that i just want my experience to me that bit more authentic?

sveper
04-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Thankīs a lot all!

That was the most confusing part, markings contra blue/red teams.
When I was in, I coldnīt recognize where I were on the first map, and when they changed map(a dogfight above Stalingrad which was split in the middle North-South and I didnīt remember if the germans came in from the south) which team belonged to which allies/axis, and both sides had the same sets of aircrafts to chose among. So one could say that red is always allies and blue axis?! To be correct.

Regards
Falkman

Insuber
04-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah blue is *always* axis and red always allies.

Bye,
Ins

Tully__
04-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by na85:

I agree that it looks better and that seeing a 109 with Japanese markings looks stupid.

But I don't buy the argument that people can't tell if it's friendly or hostile without correct markings.
What general_kalle said, but also with certain plane sets and icons switched off, at some graphics settings I can pick the markings long before I can identify aircraft type.

Originally posted by Insuber:
Yeah blue is *always* axis and red always allies.
Not always. I've been on servers (especially coops, but also dogfight servers) where for some reason the mission designer has set it up the other way around. In general though blue=axis and red=allies.

Sirrith
04-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by na85:

I just don't like seeing a spit with the black cross http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif