PDA

View Full Version : Levitating airplanes?

LilHorse
11-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Posted this in Community help. No responses. Just curious.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. This has happened to me a couple of times online.
I go to respawn and instead of being on the carrier deck my plane is elevated above the water. I can start the engine and control other parts of the plane but there is no way to take off (obviously, since I'm being suspended above the water by a Foo fighter or something). This has also happened on land where there is Marsden mat. It's under my plane for a split second when I spawn, then disappears and my plane is again elevated above the ground with no way to takeoff. The only way to get out without disconnection is to bale out and find another carrier/ airbase to start from.
Anybody else seen this?

LilHorse
11-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Posted this in Community help. No responses. Just curious.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. This has happened to me a couple of times online.
I go to respawn and instead of being on the carrier deck my plane is elevated above the water. I can start the engine and control other parts of the plane but there is no way to take off (obviously, since I'm being suspended above the water by a Foo fighter or something). This has also happened on land where there is Marsden mat. It's under my plane for a split second when I spawn, then disappears and my plane is again elevated above the ground with no way to takeoff. The only way to get out without disconnection is to bale out and find another carrier/ airbase to start from.
Anybody else seen this?

Zneg1
11-29-2004, 01:49 PM
yup many people have seen this online myself included...I even tried to take off but died...

raaaid
11-29-2004, 04:24 PM
you can take off releasing chocks is fun

WTE_Dukayn
11-29-2004, 04:27 PM
I believe the spawning in the air occurs when the deck is still under use, at least with the temp runways this is the case.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
11-29-2004, 04:54 PM
I noticed this effect when I was playing around with the Test runways in object manager. If you place two of them directly adjacent too each other your plane will spawn to one side of the runways at the correct height and will remain fixed in position. Could be some kinda bounding error with the new runways?