PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION - Set you NETWORK SPEED!!

VFS-22_SPaRX
12-28-2004, 03:44 PM
As long as i have been running WarClouds, I have got nothing but complaints on just about every il2 forum on the net. Everytime I post on what you need to do to make your client run smoothly on the server, but no one every seems to pay me any attention. I do not make this stuff up, when I make suggestions they are tested to make sure that work as intended. The most IMPORTANT thing that people can do to help the server or ANY server for that matter run smoothly is to set your Network settings correctly. I have asked many times for people to do this but no one ever seems to pay me any mind. I have made at least 10 posts on this and I spam the ingame chat with a message every 2 minutes asking people to make this adjustment, but no one ever does this. You cannot expect a server with a large amount of players on it to run smoothly when you connect to the sever with a 28.8 connection. It will just not work. I just checked the server at this very moment, and of the 50 players on the server, only 5 of them are running at the correct network setting. This is a simple thing for you to setup. So AGAIN, I will post what you need to do:

1. Goto your Hyperlobby dir and find the file called hlpro.ini. Open this file and scroll to the bottom and find the following section and make the following changes:

[Forgotten Battles]
joinDelay=20
clientRate=8000 <----- this defaults to '3000', change this to '8000'
;Determine the client source port. Useful when is more that one user behind the NAT router.
;Must be diferent for each user behind the same NAT router
localPort=21000
;This detecting right IP address for systems with more that one network adapters
;Default is 1 (on)
DetectLocalIP = 1
Order=20

2. Next you need to change your game settings incase you join thru direct ip or ASE. This can be done 3 ways.

A: Run il2setup.exe and goto the network tab and change your speed to ISDN.
B: Launch the game, goto Hardware/Network and change your speed to ISDN.
C: Open your conf.ini file and goto the following section and make the following changes:

[NET]
speed=8000 <--- make sure this is set to 8000.

Yes i understand that some of you are on 56k connections, So in your case set this to 56k or 5000.

I am sorry if I am coming across a little on the angry side, but honestly I am tired of people saying I do not know how to run my server and set it up to run properly. Especially when these same people cannot set their own game to run correctly. You lag/stutters are GREATLY influenced by others in the current game version. If one person is laggin badly, it will cause lag/stutters for anyone that can see this person in their view.

Many people have insisted that i lower the player count. Well i am sorry fellows, this is not going to happen. When EVERYONE on the server has the correct settings and has their system running smoothly, the server runs as smooth as glass. I have tested this and i know it for a FACT! I have the ability to change everyones netspeed thru the server console. And EVERY time i do this, the server runs Great. So its in the hands of the players. You need to make these changes and make sure that you have your game setup properly. I have said this a thousand times and I will stand by this statement:

"If the SERVER is causing the lag/stutters, then EVERYONE on the server will experience the lag/stutters."

Another thing that people also need to understand, its not possible for a server to run good for EVERYONE in the world. Some people just do not have a good enough connection to the server to play on it. Some people that are in Europe, Austrialia, Germany, and countless other countries on the other side of the pond just will not have a good enough connection to play on the server. I have NO control over this. It would not matter if the server has 20 players or 60 players, these peoples ability to play on the server will not change. Ping means nothing. Packetloss mean everything. I have one guy that lives in AU and gets a 270ms ping to the server. His connection to the server is ROCK SOLID. He plays on the server everyday and has no lag/stutter issues. I have not once seen his name kick up in my "lag has been detected" message. But i know some players with less then 100 pings that cannot play on the server and not lag. It all comes down to the quality of your connection to the server.

Again, I am sorry if I am coming across a little on the rash side, but I honestly am at the end of my rope with this one. Please make these simple changes and lets move on from that. Tell your squad members, your flying buddies, your wingman, he11 SHOUT it from atop your house. EVERYONE PLEASE ADJUST YOUR NETWORK SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

S~ and happy flying

SPaRX

VFS-22_SPaRX
12-28-2004, 03:44 PM
As long as i have been running WarClouds, I have got nothing but complaints on just about every il2 forum on the net. Everytime I post on what you need to do to make your client run smoothly on the server, but no one every seems to pay me any attention. I do not make this stuff up, when I make suggestions they are tested to make sure that work as intended. The most IMPORTANT thing that people can do to help the server or ANY server for that matter run smoothly is to set your Network settings correctly. I have asked many times for people to do this but no one ever seems to pay me any mind. I have made at least 10 posts on this and I spam the ingame chat with a message every 2 minutes asking people to make this adjustment, but no one ever does this. You cannot expect a server with a large amount of players on it to run smoothly when you connect to the sever with a 28.8 connection. It will just not work. I just checked the server at this very moment, and of the 50 players on the server, only 5 of them are running at the correct network setting. This is a simple thing for you to setup. So AGAIN, I will post what you need to do:

1. Goto your Hyperlobby dir and find the file called hlpro.ini. Open this file and scroll to the bottom and find the following section and make the following changes:

[Forgotten Battles]
joinDelay=20
clientRate=8000 &lt;----- this defaults to '3000', change this to '8000'
;Determine the client source port. Useful when is more that one user behind the NAT router.
localPort=21000
;This detecting right IP address for systems with more that one network adapters
;Default is 1 (on)
DetectLocalIP = 1
Order=20

2. Next you need to change your game settings incase you join thru direct ip or ASE. This can be done 3 ways.

C: Open your conf.ini file and goto the following section and make the following changes:

[NET]
speed=8000 &lt;--- make sure this is set to 8000.

Yes i understand that some of you are on 56k connections, So in your case set this to 56k or 5000.

I am sorry if I am coming across a little on the angry side, but honestly I am tired of people saying I do not know how to run my server and set it up to run properly. Especially when these same people cannot set their own game to run correctly. You lag/stutters are GREATLY influenced by others in the current game version. If one person is laggin badly, it will cause lag/stutters for anyone that can see this person in their view.

Many people have insisted that i lower the player count. Well i am sorry fellows, this is not going to happen. When EVERYONE on the server has the correct settings and has their system running smoothly, the server runs as smooth as glass. I have tested this and i know it for a FACT! I have the ability to change everyones netspeed thru the server console. And EVERY time i do this, the server runs Great. So its in the hands of the players. You need to make these changes and make sure that you have your game setup properly. I have said this a thousand times and I will stand by this statement:

"If the SERVER is causing the lag/stutters, then EVERYONE on the server will experience the lag/stutters."

Another thing that people also need to understand, its not possible for a server to run good for EVERYONE in the world. Some people just do not have a good enough connection to the server to play on it. Some people that are in Europe, Austrialia, Germany, and countless other countries on the other side of the pond just will not have a good enough connection to play on the server. I have NO control over this. It would not matter if the server has 20 players or 60 players, these peoples ability to play on the server will not change. Ping means nothing. Packetloss mean everything. I have one guy that lives in AU and gets a 270ms ping to the server. His connection to the server is ROCK SOLID. He plays on the server everyday and has no lag/stutter issues. I have not once seen his name kick up in my "lag has been detected" message. But i know some players with less then 100 pings that cannot play on the server and not lag. It all comes down to the quality of your connection to the server.

Again, I am sorry if I am coming across a little on the rash side, but I honestly am at the end of my rope with this one. Please make these simple changes and lets move on from that. Tell your squad members, your flying buddies, your wingman, he11 SHOUT it from atop your house. EVERYONE PLEASE ADJUST YOUR NETWORK SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

S~ and happy flying

SPaRX

JG52Uther
12-28-2004, 03:51 PM
I'v said it before SPaRX and i will say it again,your server runs fine for me, with a ping of 137 on an ISDN connection (i live in the UK)

MEGILE
12-28-2004, 03:53 PM
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should start kicking, Sparx?

VFS-22_SPaRX
12-28-2004, 03:59 PM
RGR guys. I completely understand that there are MANY people that play on the server EVERYDAY and have no issues at all. But those players are not vocal. It's always the negative ppl that seem to Yell and Scream. I am just trying to help out. You gotta help yourself before i can help you.

SPaRX

T_O_A_D
12-28-2004, 03:59 PM
RGR understood clearly

Toad over and out.

VFS-22_SPaRX
12-28-2004, 04:31 PM
I posted this in the Pacific Fighters forums as well. Please be sure to follow the topic there as well

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=3251094752&r=7191094752#7191094752

sparx

WUAF_Badsight
12-28-2004, 06:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG52Uther:
your server runs fine for me, with a ping of 137 on an ISDN connection (i live in the UK) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
respectfully , that means nothing

your PING is not that important in FB

setting the SAME Netspeed setting IS IMPORTANT

Sparx , i have asked people to do this as well when im hosting Coops & DF rooms

i get arguments sometimes back at me , as if what im saying is a insult or a lie !

WUAF_Badsight
12-28-2004, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VFS-22_SPaRX:
When EVERYONE on the server has the correct settings and has their system running smoothly, the server runs as smooth as glass. I have tested this and i know it for a FACT! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
READ THIS

ITS FB Multiplayer GOSPEL

LeadSpitter_
12-28-2004, 06:59 PM
i have my network speed =25000 which is for dsl/cable speed. If i switch to 8000 i get these mini warps from all aircraft. I dont recommend switching to =8000 which is much slower speed.

However im not aware if the server has it set for =8000 if it effects all users.

I changed my HLpro config.ini to =25000 or i get the mini warps. I also have my il2fb config.ini =25000 as well.

Hunter82 recommended it to me and always fixed the problem of planes miniwarping.

I guess its different for everyone so 8000 can cause more problems for many telling everyone to switch to it.

I also have 7m down 784k up dsl. Maybe isdn settings is better for people overseas with 200+ ping to a server based in the US.

So best for everyone to try all settings and see which works best for them.

Also changing both the hlpro config.ini and the il2fb dir config.ini

WUAF_Badsight
12-28-2004, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
i have my network speed =25000 which is for dsl/cable speed. If i switch to 8000 i get these mini warps from all aircraft. I dont recommend switching to =8000 which is much slower speed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
this is where mis-understanding starts

YOUR OWN internet speed is NOT important

the HOSTS internet speed is ALL IMPORTANT

the host has to divide his bandwidth up among however many he is hosting

the CLIENT obligation is to MATCH that speed

WHY ?

because FB works best that way is why (that was the short answer)

IN OTHER WORDS . . . . . whatever Coop or DF room you join , you want to set your NETSPEED setting in FB to the SAME as the HOST

then the Host will be sending you an X size packet of Data , & you will be sending the same X size packet back to the Host

plz understand this . . . .

ITS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PING OR INTERNET SPEED OF THE CLIENT

if the Host has his bandwidth divided correct , then he's running his bandwidth as best possible

say its ISDN setting in FB if you are trying to send the next biggest size pzcket back to the Host , YOUR MAKING THINGS WORSE

cause his option is set to handel ISDN size packets & YOUR OVERLOADING the Host with Packets TOO BIG in Size

THIS IS WHERE DROPPED PACKETS CAN COME FROM

considering how long this info has been available for , there is NO EXCUSE for the old hand FB players to be so ignorant about this

ANYONE who tries to host a lot comes to trying to make it run as good as possible

PLEASE READ & FOLLOW THIS

its FB Gospel for minimising lag , warp , & packet loss

ignore at your own gameplays expense

WUAF_Badsight
12-28-2004, 09:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
I also have 7m down 784k up dsl. Maybe isdn settings is better for people overseas with 200+ ping to a server based in the US. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
setting FB to your internet speed is not what the setting is for

for every single room you join . . . . . EVERY SINGLE ONE you need to change to what the host is set too

HOST's NEED TO SET NETSPEED PROPERLY

so their bandwidth is divided up according to how many people they are hosting

if you are on 56K & you want to host , set your netspeed to NO MORE than 14.4 for 6 ppl

6 x 14.4 is more the 56 , so even 14.4 is too high a setting for someone on 56K who wants to host 6 people

this is Carefully won knowledge from big FB rooms servers with attentive admins , not simply numbers pulled out of their imagination

ignore at your own gameplays expense

civildog
12-28-2004, 10:37 PM
I rarely get a ping over 80 on Warclouds. It's the best server out there.

Wallstein
12-28-2004, 10:56 PM
C L E A R !

Thank you,
Wallstein

-HH-Quazi
12-29-2004, 12:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Badsight:
i have my network speed =25000 which is for dsl/cable speed. If i switch to 8000 i get these mini warps from all aircraft. I dont recommend switching to =8000 which is much slower speed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOUR OWN internet speed is NOT important

the HOSTS internet speed is ALL IMPORTANT

the host has to divide his bandwidth up among however many he is hosting

the CLIENT obligation is to MATCH that speed

WHY ?

because FB works best that way is why (that was the short answer)

IN OTHER WORDS . . . . . whatever Coop or DF room you join , you want to set your NETSPEED setting in FB to the SAME as the HOST

then the Host will be sending you an X size packet of Data , & you will be sending the same X size packet back to the Host

plz understand this . . . .

ITS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PING OR INTERNET SPEED OF THE CLIENT

if the Host has his bandwidth divided correct , then he's running his bandwidth as best possible

say its ISDN setting in FB if you are trying to send the next biggest size pzcket back to the Host , YOUR MAKING THINGS WORSE

cause his option is set to handel ISDN size packets & YOUR OVERLOADING the Host with Packets TOO BIG in Size

THIS IS WHERE DROPPED PACKETS CAN COME FROM

considering how long this info has been available for , there is NO EXCUSE for the old hand FB players to be so ignorant about this

ANYONE who tries to host a lot comes to trying to make it run as good as possible

PLEASE READ & FOLLOW THIS

its FB Gospel for minimising lag , warp , & packet loss

ignore at your own gameplays expense <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true. I am an old FB hand and have never understood this,,,,,, until now. You just explained it in the simplest way I have heard as of yet. And I thank you for that. So, no matter what connection I an actually running, (I am on cable and like Leadspitter at 25000), before I join Warclouds I should set my network settings for net speed to 8000 in game, in my IL2 setup and in my conf file? Not a problem. Now, this old FB hand understands. And the explaination about servers dividing up bandwidth. Awesome explanation. Thanks m8.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
12-29-2004, 06:40 AM
Hmm the only problem I see developing here is that that setting is fine if you just want to play on one server. But should you wish to hop around a bit then you are going to be opening and closing that conf file an awful lot and sooner or later you might make a mistake. I guess its not really an issue this far down the line but it might have been nice if there was a facility in-game to make the necessary changes once you have connected.

I guess one solution could be if all host's agree to use the same net speed or post required net speed in the game info in lobby ?

Of course none of this is gona stop jonny new boy from thinking your server sux cos he aint set his netspeed right

italianofalco
12-29-2004, 07:01 AM
the great illusion you where a good server....
sorry MR: VFS-22_SPaRX but I must argue about your "War_cloud" server you mention.

As I followed ALL and detailed Instructions about AL you indicates:
--------------------------------------
Mood of the topic. posted Tue December 28 2004 14:44

[Forgotten Battles]
joinDelay=20
clientRate=8000 &lt;----- this defaults to '3000', change this to '8000'
localPort=21000
;Default is 1 (on)
DetectLocalIP = 1
Order=20

[NET]
speed=8000 &lt;--- make sure this is set to 8000.

S~ and happy flying

--------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------

.......AND THE RESULT WAS THAT YOUR" SERVER KICKED ME AFTER I WAS FOLLOWING ABOUT 4-5 MIN. A BF 109.....

NOTICE ALSO THAT:

-- MY PING WAS 170
-- I WAS PLAYING WITH CORRECT MARKS (SPITFIRE" -RAF
-- I FLY IN HIPERLOBBY TILL ONE YEAR WITH "EAF" TEAM

I CAN only result you are not a good server for me however.

Bye

Falco -

-HH-Quazi
12-29-2004, 07:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by italianofalco:
the great illusion you where a good server....
sorry MR: VFS-22_SPaRX but I must argue about your "War_cloud" server you mention.

As I followed ALL and detailed Instructions about AL you indicates:
--------------------------------------
.......AND THE RESULT WAS THAT YOUR" SERVER KICKED ME AFTER I WAS FOLLOWING ABOUT 4-5 MIN. A BF 109.....

NOTICE ALSO THAT:

-- MY PING WAS 170
-- I WAS PLAYING WITH CORRECT MARKS (SPITFIRE" -RAF
-- I FLY IN HIPERLOBBY TILL ONE YEAR WITH "EAF" TEAM

I CAN only result you are not a good server for me however.

Bye

Falco - <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might get better results by connecting directly to his server via the ip address and bypass HL all together. And there's no need to scream in caps. Sparx provides this server for the community and deserves better than being yelled at.

Bearcat99
12-29-2004, 06:47 PM
I figure this is worth a sticky for a week or so.. then it can be added to that thread with all the good threads limked to it.....Hmmmm we have to find a way to make that thing more prominent.

LeadSpitter_
12-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Badsight don't you under stand what i said? If I switch to 8000 i get all aircraft causing these miniwarps back and forth?

For me i need to use 25000 or i get them its simple as that and I will not switch to 8000. While 8000 maybe better for many others it is not for me its simple as that.

And i have tried 8000 many times and get the same mini warp of all aircraft evertime so for me I cannot play like that.

Like i said it effects everyone differently

WUAF_Badsight
12-29-2004, 07:39 PM

NETWORK setting is not a 'speed"

it relates to packet size between Client & Host

just because you have a ISDN connection doesnt mean that simierly named option in FB's control panel is the right setting for you

setting ONE speed for every single different Host you connect to is NOT optimum

WUAF_Darkangel
12-29-2004, 09:01 PM
quote:
-------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
If I switch to 8000 i get all aircraft causing these miniwarps...For me i need to use 25000 or i get them
-------------------------------------------------

Does that mean most people use adsl/cable? That sounds pretty believable to me since most people DO use adsl/cable. So im gonna stay with 25000 except in warclouds.

VFS-22_SPaRX
12-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Darkangle,

You can set your netspeed as high as you want. All i am asking is that people put it to a minimum of 8000. The server will dictate the speed you connect to it.

S~

SPaRX

WUAF_Darkangel
12-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Minimum? ooooooooooooooooooooooh ok i get it now thx. Oh yeah and badsight the f8f-1 looks kinda promising if oleg ever decides to put it in future patches. But i've also read that a russian tested 109 k-4 had a max climb of 4700-4800 ft per minute (dunno if it was fully loaded* or not)and also the spitfire mk14 with 2x20mm+4x7.7mm and fully loaded* with 18lb boost had a climb of 4700ft per minute at sea level whilst the f8f-1 had a max climb of 4500ft per minute when fully loaded*. It seems to me that the bearcat isn't the only good climber.

fully loaded: with default no. of gns + max ammo+ max internal fuel.

ApacheIndian1
12-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Hey Vfs-22:

I'm happy to do it, but I need more information. I'm not a techie. Where is the hyperloby directory? Thanks

VK_Dim
12-30-2004, 02:33 AM
Different NETSPEED has nothing to do with stutters. I've tested it. It only affects LAG and WARP.
Period.

WUAF_Badsight
12-30-2004, 04:38 AM
VK DIM

no one said it would

stutters are a seperate issue to Warping or seeing Lagging planes

stutters are caused by seperate things that Netspeed doesnt affect

VK_Dim
12-30-2004, 04:47 AM
The main reason SPARX is tryin to force the netspeed were stutters not lag or warp. That's why i worte this.
It won't solve the problems that are happening recently on his and many other DS.
Cheers

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
12-30-2004, 06:39 AM
Ok I am curious now and forgive me if I am covering old ground here but what is the formula that you guys are using to arrive at this 8000 is that some fraction of your overall upload speed?

e.g

upload / number of players = 8000 ?

WUAF_Badsight
12-30-2004, 07:51 AM
its the speed tha Sparx has set

its the speed he says ib what his connection can handel

lets look at someone who has a 128 Kbs Upload speed (Upload is what is most important for a Host)

if he wants to host 6 people , 128 divided by 6 = 21.3

so setting 28.8 is to high a speed in this situation (28.8 x 6 = 172-ish) , in this case , this person should set 14.4

is this easy enough to follow ?

MOhz
12-30-2004, 07:59 AM
I am just interested, where I can find out what Network settings the server has. So that I could set mine accordingly.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
12-30-2004, 09:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Badsight:
its the speed tha Sparx has set

its the speed he says ib what his connection can handel

lets look at someone who has a 128 Kbs Upload speed (Upload is what is most important for a Host)

if he wants to host 6 people , 128 divided by 6 = 21.3

so setting 28.8 is to high a speed in this situation (28.8 x 6 = 172-ish) , in this case , this person should set 14.4

is this easy enough to follow ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I follow, cheers.

so pretty much what I said i.e

upload speed / number of players = desired network speed for host and client

My next question would then be what is the network speed's unit of measure

is 8000 bps ?

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
12-30-2004, 09:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MOhz:
I am just interested, where I can find out what Network settings the server has. So that I could set mine accordingly. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I can tell mate it's currently up to the host to advertise his netspeed in game or on HL. Also if I understand Sparx's post correctly there is a command that the host can run from the server consol that will set all clients netspeed to a chosen value. But as far as I can tell only applies to clients that are connected at the time the command is run and would need to be run each time a new client with the wrong netspeed connected.

clint-ruin
12-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Is there seriously no way to query and then set it based on a script just for that connection?

Yum_Yum
12-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Hello SP@RX http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

thank you for taking the time to again write what you know in an attempt to help players.

I have done all the things you mention and even reduced my game settings to minimum but the pauses and stutters persist.

I dont know the cause but I do know it has not always been this way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ausmondo
12-30-2004, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ApacheIndian1:
Hey Vfs-22:

I'm happy to do it, but I need more information. I'm not a techie. Where is the hyperloby directory? Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Start &gt; My computer &gt; (the drive letter is usually) C: &gt; Program Files &gt; HyperlobbyPro3 &gt; then look for the folder 'hlpro configeration settings'
Scroll down to [Forgotten Battles].
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Edit is to add..
Be carefull, be sure to make a note of what the settings are before changing anything here.
If problems occur then go back and set as before.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WUAF_Badsight
12-30-2004, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clint-ruin:
Is there seriously no way to query and then set it based on a script just for that connection? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
as far as i know , the only way to find a Hosts Network speed setting is to have him tell it to you in chat or over comms

no command that ive been told of does it it in FB

Lucius_Esox
12-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Nothing to add apart from to say I am a noob to all this and this is an excellent post, thx all.

BaldieJr
12-30-2004, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clint-ruin:
Is there seriously no way to query and then set it based on a script just for that connection? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
as far as i know , the only way to find a Hosts Network speed setting is to have him tell it to you in chat or over comms

no command that ive been told of does it it in FB <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
&lt;channel&gt;
&lt;empty&gt; (list channels)
&lt;number&gt; [DESTROY] [SPEED &lt;b/s&gt;] [TIMEOUT &lt;sec&gt;] [STAT &lt;sec&gt;]

&lt;socket&gt;
&lt;empty&gt; (list protocols)
LISTENER [&lt;0|1&gt;] (enable/disable connect from remote hosts)
JOIN [BREAK] (show status join/ break join)
&lt;protocol&gt; (list sockets)
&lt;protocol&gt; CREATE [[LOCAL]HOST &lt;nm&gt;] [[LOCAL]PORT &lt;n&gt;] [CHANNELS &lt;n&gt;] [SPEED &lt;n&gt;]
&lt;protocol&gt; CHANNELS &lt;n&gt; [SPEED &lt;n&gt;] [[LOCAL]HOST &lt;nm&gt;] [[LOCAL]PORT &lt;n&gt;]
&lt;protocol&gt; SPEED &lt;n&gt; [CHANNELS &lt;n&gt;] [[LOCAL]HOST &lt;nm&gt;] [[LOCAL]PORT &lt;n&gt;]
&lt;protocol&gt; DESTROY [LOCALHOST &lt;nm&gt;] LOCALPORT &lt;n&gt; [HOST &lt;nm&gt;] [PORT &lt;n&gt;]
&lt;protocol&gt; JOIN [LOCALHOST &lt;nm&gt;] [LOCALPORT &lt;n&gt;] HOST &lt;nm&gt; [PORT &lt;n&gt;] [SPEED &lt;n&gt;]
</pre>

I'm just sayin...

F16_Petter
12-31-2004, 06:00 AM
I have found some really interesting things that will make your jaw drop. even Sparx and rest of you.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ill tell more later when i have more evidence and ppl that can confirm it with me.

WUAF_Badsight
12-31-2004, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BaldieJr:
I'm just sayin... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
showoff !

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
12-31-2004, 06:37 AM
Ok for the benefit of those with Good sight http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif is this the line we should be interested in

&lt;protocol&gt; SPEED &lt;n&gt; [CHANNELS &lt;n&gt;] [[LOCAL]HOST &lt;nm&gt;] [[LOCAL]PORT &lt;n&gt;]

Meaning we should type &gt;SPEED 8000 at the consol in order to set our net speed to 8000 ?

Or is baldie just pasting from the shift tab consol ?

VFS-22_SPaRX
12-31-2004, 08:53 AM
F16_Petter

If you dont mind, would you either pm me or email what it is you have found. The more people you throw at a problem the better results you get sometimes. I will gladly take a look at.

S~

SPaRX

MaxMhz
12-31-2004, 11:34 PM
BUMP
(cause I got pi$$ed @ German forum... and posted a reply in my (very?) bad german too)
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=59010161&f=388104122&m=2271015852
roflmao

TheGozr
01-01-2005, 04:48 AM
F16 interesting ...

BaldieJr
01-01-2005, 02:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BaldieJr:
I'm just sayin... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
showoff ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And handsome too! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

clint-ruin
01-01-2005, 03:21 PM
http://users.bigpond.net.au/gwen/fb/phf.jpg

Hamburgers.. should be high.

Kandiru-Aku
01-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Sparx you rock man!

I have had the honor to chat with you on TS and i bear testimony that i have only had smooth times so far on WC-WF.

I believe IMHO that it is the highest quality server out there, along with RCAF (arcade which i love too) and a handful of others.

Great job and thank you

GreyBeast
01-02-2005, 05:29 PM
BUMP!

Earth_Storm
01-03-2005, 07:23 AM
I have a cable modem connection. What is the difference between ISDN vs CablexDSL on the Network menu in Forgotten Battles.

When I connect to a host game I change my Network settings from 28.8 Modem to CablexDSL.

Should this be ISDN only for warclouds and CablexDSL for other servers?

Thanks, Salute.

repoman11
01-17-2005, 09:13 PM
I used to play on Warclouds often. But the settings have been changed, and I get bumped now. The fixes listed here didn't change that in any way. Thankfully I can still fly on Greatergreen. Even with a 28.8 connection, I get a ping in the low 200 range.

Edit: these setting not only didn't help with Warclouds, but they fouled me up for GG until I changed them back. Don't forget about us dial up guys. There are still many of us out here.