PDA

View Full Version : What improvement would you like to see in BoB the most?

Kuna15
08-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Besides improvement in graphics and the most realistic FM/DM on the market?

I personally would like to see improved campaign system and also more improved COOPs.
Also I would like to see large online campaign servers 'uprising'. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Your turn now... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

anarchy52
08-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Detailed DM is all I want

F19_Ob
08-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Best everything with less power.

Kuna15
08-17-2005, 09:03 AM
In that case anarchy mate, you will be satisfied I think: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/Kuna15/BoB_WiP/BR-20M_04.jpg BR.20
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/Kuna15/BoB_WiP/Hurry_dam1.jpg Hurricane
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/Kuna15/BoB_WiP/Hurry_dam3.jpg Hurricane damage model

Chuck_Older
08-17-2005, 09:44 AM
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Maps need to be totally re-done. The FB style has got to go. It was OK for a tactical short range sim, but the FS style of map is the only way to go in any flight sim, period. The way textures are seen and from what distance they are seen also needs a re-vamp</span>

3.JG51_BigBear
08-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Better offline content and AI that can't see through clouds.

csThor
08-17-2005, 10:27 AM
a) A campaign that deserves the title. No need to re-invent the wheel, though - just look at Red Baron II and do it the same way.

b) A far better GUI which doesn't look technocratic and unimaginative.

c) A structured approach to plane additions. No more "Free-for-all", but following a few basic rules:

Was the plane used in numbers in the timeframe/region modeled?
Can the plane be used within the limitations of the game with purpose (map size, weapon systems modeled etc)?
Is there a use for the plane in the campaign?

d) More complete ground/ship pool. Currently neither the Wehrmacht nor the Red Army has anywhere near a useful pool for AA guns, Artillery or non-tank objects.

e) No "generic" airfields, but realistic airfields - meaning broad "meadows" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

f) A more flexible unit structure and marking system.

g) More influence for the player/mission designer on AI objects and additional FMB goodies:

- set up artillery to fire at a certain area at a certain time (same for ships)
- larger ground units (up to platoon/battalion size) and more flexible formation system
- artillery/AAA units in fireing position and on march
- more flexible system for train composition or more selections
- damage objects for the landscape (bomb craters, burnt woods etc)
- formation presetting by mission designer for AI flights

h) Realistic radio communications (meaning german fighters won't hear Stukas, bombers and transports and vice versa).

Even though I don't fly Online anymore and probably won't do in BoB due to the lack of broadband:

i) An additional online mode - a mix of Coop and Dogfight with dedicated server but allowing AI ground objects to move and AI flights to appear. Call it the "War Mode".

LStarosta
08-17-2005, 10:41 AM
WAAFs

LeOs.K_Walstein
08-17-2005, 10:51 AM
I`d like:

1)A "realistic" weather.

2)The British radar and possibility for Luftwaffe to destroy it.

3)The British female air control calling for the boys back to five o´clock tea with their irrestibly voice!

4) Some sort of a Headquarters system for the online wars for both sides. That is where the british radar would be quite a tool!

5) Visibility increased to at least 100 km.

6) Round world (for navigation)

7) Occassional magnetic errors (for navigation)

stubby
08-17-2005, 10:58 AM
immersion, soul, character out of the box. robost dynamic campaign system that would make even the F4AF boys green w/ envy.

Daiichidoku
08-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by LStarosta:
WAAFs

yes...that

and a good FMB, and

a GOOD tally system, something akin to Jane WWII fighters, only individual and team kills/losses counter

GOD, please no silly points as in FB

rather have NO system than the current FB points system

at least, make a points system that a server or game host or FMB can dictate point values for any particular tgt, and also under what conditions points are awarded, if any

minimum 16X time accel would be nice

again, as in Janes WWII fighters, for (if it will be in BoB) wonder woman view, have "instrument pop ups", adjustable to size and screen location

scaleable tgt arrows/indicators, to make it pointing all tgts ion range, one only trakable for one tgt at a time

and of course, no 190 cockpit bar, hehe (when the 190 makes it into BoB...it will, given time)

LeadSpitter_
08-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Real Engine sounds

Real Gun sounds

Not hearing enemy planes on your 6 becuase your engine sound is so loud

Continential terrain at least if they cant do fullworld terrain

bomber gun stations eyepoint staying on the ironsite with no obstructions blocking view

Grass that dont bounce like on a trampolien

airframe overstressing

correct trim

correct simulated stick pressures

correct elevator compressibility

dive speeds correct

increased visability distances

trackir 6dof support that shows the pilot head and torso in external view moving with trackir, which can be viewed in tracks to see if people are using the lindablair exploit.

wing flex and vibration simulated

primary and secondary explosions, improved dms

external views enable once the pilot dies no excuse for externals in coops anymore

exhaust flames

true differential braking

prop wash effecting aircraft and ballistics behind plane

improved blackouts, headshake, flakbursts

have aircraft sway up and down a couple meters to get rid of flying on rails feeling of flight sims

random gunjams and mechanical failures in flight as host option

aircraft debris damaging aircraft behind it, make people learn deflection shooting

removal of planes exploding into nothing but tiny peices of metal

before bailing pilots have to open canopies, hit bail key then hit an open chute key

working radar systems for night fighting

reworked chat and detailed scoring system no points calculations.

no game screenshot tga util to tap in game

no quickntrk record key but esc menu record to record ntrks so people cant tap that

removal of online game voice no need for it

advanced chaseplane flyby changing between differen view systems in externals similar to some of the racing sims camera angles and views.

maybe an optional bomb view chase cam

improved cem

no 110 trottles all ac having 100trottle to get overheat temps correct.

It would be complex to do but i would like to see pilots start out in a barracks or hanger as a first person view and have to run to thier aircraft then select a key to enter aircraft rather then just magically appearing in a plane.

maintanience of your own aircraft section and field mods section.

ability to make video briefings

correct revi size reflections and not having all aircrafts site to be centered on the screen to line up accurately.

Total rework of skin downloads having them all loadup while the mission is loading not while in flight. Turning them off just gets you into game quicker.

host ability to disable or enable trackir as server side option

correctly scaled trees and buildings, maybe grass fields similiar to novalogic joint ops.

a few other things to dream of anyways....

csThor
08-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Lead - At least the german planes had that "overrev" (110%) setting. There was the normal field of movement, but then the last 10% were blocked. In the Fw 190 it was secured by a thin wire you needed to breach to achieve higher output and I'm sure I've read the same thing about the 109.
AFAIK Oleg talked about the mapsize being from around Paris up to (at least) Central England and over to Belgium (maybe the Netherlands).

I forgot:

j) Separate the weather settings (maybe leave quick settings as we have now) into:

- wind settings (speed, direction, gusts etc)
- clouds (width, height[s] etc)
- temperature
- rainfall
- visibility

k) Realistic pilot skins. That's easy - just hire elephant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

l) Separate killmarks for different nations (e.g. an Iron Cross for the RAF pilots, a bar + a british roundel for the LW, different roundels/stars/whatever for other nations ...)

m) good-looking medal box and little videos for the awards

n) custom emblems and/or rudder decorations according to rank (e.g. a nice Knight's Cross + the killtally on the rudder http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).

o) More aces for both sides - not necessarily the same way we have in FB (separate AI module), but skins and AI "personalities". Have the correct commanders for the units as far as possible.

DmdSeeker
08-17-2005, 12:00 PM
1) Better campaigns; with the ability to intergrate later add ons (it's laughable that one can't actually fly half the flyable planes in a full merged install).

2) Better interface. C'mon; get in the 21. ceentuary already.

3) Better (offline) radio coms; including an order system that works without padlock (attack my target/ground targets); and the ability to know which flight is being addressed by ground control (is he talking to me??)

4)Better Joystick mapping. I want to be able to set response curves for everything!

5) Better documentation (don't care if it's PDF or printed). The curent state of IL-2's published documentation is appalling.

6) Less emphasis on more planes; more emphasis on more game.

7) No fantasy planes (109Z; Horten; Dornier).

8) Better sounds.

Arm_slinger
08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
I'll post more later, but this one I would like:

The ability to make huge formations easily, rather than have to make numerous amounts of flight paths for each set of four aircraft.

16 aircraft formations for example- for flight of 4 aircraft, why cant you put them in a formation with one flight path, it would make life easier, and alot more sence. Also have the ability to make other squadrons, groups etc fly in formation with other squads

LeadSpitter_
08-17-2005, 12:12 PM
csThor im sorry i disagree with that, with overev i think that should be as 100% then 90% as trottle below wire. the whole 110 thing i dont agree on this is where alot of the wrong overheat issues in game come from

this goes for all ac not just the 109 but is the reason why we can get ridiculously high rpms which would fry the engine in rl.

It makes no sense the way oleg said rich mix works as 10% extra trottle, then weap as 10% superchargers 10% at alt then we have ac limited to 100% trottle.

another thing is some ac can just richmix with more power up to 6000m while others like the usn ac kills engine at 700m lots of things dont make sense here.

lets not ruin this thread, send me a PM if you would like to discuss it.

NorrisMcWhirter
08-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Hi,

Take a look here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/2571024123

Long list of suggestions since the year dot.

Ta,
Norris

csThor
08-17-2005, 12:23 PM
It was just my impression, Lead. I'm not an expert on technical stuff and I don't want to be. Unit history, camouflage, colours and emblems are "my" pet topic and I'll stick to it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JG7_Rall
08-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Realistic FM's....

and grass

UK_Rocket
08-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Realistic engine sounds.

BlakJakOfSpades
08-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
before bailing pilots have to open canopies, hit bail key then hit an open chute key

imagine when you're on fire, you try to open canopy and it's jammed!! that's scary just in game, and i know it really happened...can't imagine the real terror of being there. However, would still be a good feature.

Hristo_
08-17-2005, 02:03 PM
pilot fatigue

diomedes33
08-17-2005, 02:28 PM
The usual advancing of physics and flight dynamics of course.

I'd also like to see a more developed support for online wars. Something that falls between a df and coop. Online wars that are based on Coops are nice, but they lack any suspense or uncertainty (they excel at everything else though). DF servers are great for Fighter Engagments and Strikes. They have little support for other mission types like SAR and Recon and on the big servers its easy to learn the maps in the rotation. Plus DF servers tend to degenerate to a cluster ... <ahem> lufberry circle in the weeds.

In a perfect world
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Totally dynamic war with moving units.
<LI> Ability to capture territory
<LI> Ability to orchestrate an attack with ground units
<LI> Modeled Supply train
<LI> Ability to share recon info with your team and rescue downed pilots
[/list]

Smaller things
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Bind ground units or groups to multiple spawn points, so each time a map loads there's some mystery.
<LI> Buildings count for something, instead of always needing to put trains or cars inside of them.
<LI> Air start points to simulate incoming high-level bombers
<LI> Ability to attach AI planes to a living pilot and the ability to choose which planes can do this. (Bombers mostly)
<LI> Triggers
[/list]

What I think would be really cool would be a ServerSide SDK that would allow you to customize the behavior. Things like FMs/DMs and weapons should definatly be locked. I was thinking take a similar route to FPS and FS2004 and give us the source code to a DLL that the server would use. I'm not privy to the internal workings of the online wars we currently have. They should be able to get what ever functions/data they need to make an online war a war, not a collection of coops.

Kuna15
08-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Some excellent wishes IMO.
I have taken liberty to myself, and wrote some of these thoughts in quote, if you guys don't mind. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chuck_Older:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>The FB style has got to go. It was OK for a tactical short range sim, but the FS style of map is the only way to go in any flight sim, period.[/list]
------------------------------------------------
csThor:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>A far better GUI which doesn't look technocratic and unimaginative.
<LI>A structured approach to plane additions. No more "Free-for-all", but following a few basic rules:

Was the plane used in numbers in the timeframe/region modeled?
Can the plane be used within the limitations of the game with purpose (map size, weapon systems modeled etc)?
Is there a use for the plane in the campaign?
<LI>A more flexible unit structure and marking system.
<LI>Realistic radio communications (meaning german fighters won't hear Stukas, bombers and transports and vice versa).
<LI>An additional online mode - a mix of Coop and Dogfight with dedicated server but allowing AI ground objects to move and AI flights to appear. Call it the "War Mode".
<LI>Realistic pilot skins
<LI>Separate killmarks for different nations
<LI>custom emblems and/or rudder decorations according to rank
<LI>More aces for both sides - not necessarily the same way we have in FB (AI "personalities", and in offline campaigns)[/list]
LStarosta:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>WAAF[/list]
LeOs.K_Walstein:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>A "realistic" weather.
<LI>The British radar and possibility for Luftwaffe to destroy it.
<LI>Visibility increased to at least 100 km.(more realistic)
<LI>Round world (for navigation)[/list]
Daiichidoku:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>a GOOD tally system, please no silly points as in FB
<LI>minimum 16X time accel would be nice
<LI>scaleable tgt arrows/indicators, to make it pointing all tgts ion range, one only trakable for one tgt at a time[/list]
LeadSpitter:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Real Engine sounds
<LI>Real Gun sounds
<LI>bomber gun stations eyepoint staying on the ironsite with no obstructions blocking view
<LI>Grass that dont bounce like on a trampolien
<LI>airframe overstressing
<LI>correct trim (on one or the other way)
<LI>correct simulated stick pressures
<LI>correct elevator compressibility
<LI>dive speeds correct
<LI>wing flex and vibration simulated
<LI>external views enable once the pilot dies no excuse for externals in coops anymore
<LI>true differential braking
<LI>random gunjams and mechanical failures in flight as host option
<LI>aircraft debris damaging aircraft behind it
<LI>no game screenshot tga util to tap in game
<LI>advanced chaseplane flyby
<LI>maybe an optional bomb view chase cam
<LI>improved CEM
<LI>maintanience of your own aircraft section and field mods section.
<LI>Total rework of skin downloads having them all loadup while the mission is loading not while in flight
<LI>correctly scaled trees and buildings[/list]
DmdSeeker:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Better (offline) radio coms[/list]
Arm_slinger:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>The ability to make huge formations easily[/list]
diomedes33:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Totally dynamic war with moving units.
<LI>Ability to capture territory
<LI>Ability to orchestrate an attack with ground units
<LI>Ability to share recon info
<LI>rescue downed pilots
<LI>Bind ground units or groups to multiple spawn points, so each time a map loads there's some mystery.
<LI>Air start points to simulate incoming high-level bombers
<LI>Triggers (for events during mission)[/list]

He he gotta say a lot of wishes, many of them are wonderfull... if we see just one amount of these thoughts improvement will be awesome...

darkhorizon11
08-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Tons of good ideas here guys.

I could go on also. I say the big one for me is the "real world thing". Maybe some scripted missions... but more of a network with radar and the use of real strategy. Maybe even a real time game style. Some missions you take off and theres nothing there, false alarm, or you can't find the target due to the weather. Having ATC vector you to the target would be neat, and having much more options to talk to your fellow pilots. Maybe even voice command?
On the other hand takeoff and flying a routine patrol and suddenly getting bounced by an enemy formation?

War is unpredictable, just like a good flight sim. Keeps the simmer off balance and it really does a number for the wow factor.

EURO_Snoopy
08-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
Real Engine sounds

Real Gun sounds

Not hearing enemy planes on your 6 becuase your engine sound is so loud

Continential terrain at least if they cant do fullworld terrain

bomber gun stations eyepoint staying on the ironsite with no obstructions blocking view

Grass that dont bounce like on a trampolien

airframe overstressing

correct trim

correct simulated stick pressures

correct elevator compressibility

dive speeds correct

increased visability distances

trackir 6dof support that shows the pilot head and torso in external view moving with trackir, which can be viewed in tracks to see if people are using the lindablair exploit.

wing flex and vibration simulated

primary and secondary explosions, improved dms

external views enable once the pilot dies no excuse for externals in coops anymore

exhaust flames

true differential braking

prop wash effecting aircraft and ballistics behind plane

improved blackouts, headshake, flakbursts

have aircraft sway up and down a couple meters to get rid of flying on rails feeling of flight sims

random gunjams and mechanical failures in flight as host option

aircraft debris damaging aircraft behind it, make people learn deflection shooting

removal of planes exploding into nothing but tiny peices of metal

working radar systems for night fighting

reworked chat and detailed scoring system no points calculations.

no game screenshot tga util to tap in game

no quickntrk record key but esc menu record to record ntrks so people cant tap that

removal of online game voice no need for it

advanced chaseplane flyby changing between differen view systems in externals similar to some of the racing sims camera angles and views.

maybe an optional bomb view chase cam

improved cem

no 110 trottles all ac having 100trottle to get overheat temps correct.

It would be complex to do but i would like to see pilots start out in a barracks or hanger as a first person view and have to run to thier aircraft then select a key to enter aircraft rather then just magically appearing in a plane.

maintanience of your own aircraft section and field mods section.

ability to make video briefings

correct revi size reflections and not having all aircrafts site to be centered on the screen to line up accurately.

Total rework of skin downloads having them all loadup while the mission is loading not while in flight. Turning them off just gets you into game quicker.

host ability to disable or enable trackir as server side option

correctly scaled trees and buildings, maybe grass fields similiar to novalogic joint ops.

a few other things to dream of anyways....

My wish, a satisfied Leadspitter

ImpStarDuece
08-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Here is what has been promised for BoB, as of about 22 months ago....

"The Battle of Britain will be our most ambitious work to date and we are looking forward to the challenge."

Features

The Battle of Britain: Cliffs of Dover (Title TBC)

Product Description

The Battle of Britain (TBoB) is the next World War II flight simulation title from 1C: Maddox Games, creators of the worldwide acclaimed
IL-2 Sturmovik series. TBoB will take place in 1940 during the €œBattle of Britain,€ between England and Germany (plus Italy), and it allows players to fly for as either the British or German (Italian) air force.

Key Features

* Flyable aircraft - At least 10-11 highly detailed English, German and Italian aircraft - including Spitfire, Hurricane, Messerschmitt 109 and Stuka.

* Non-Flyable aircraft - Between 10-17 AI controlled aircraft.

* Huge number of missions - 20 single-player missions & 10 multiplayer missions (At least).

* Brand new game map - TBoB will take place from central England in the North, to Northern France in the South (The part of map will include Belgium - area close to French border, from where were flying Italian AF, involved in BoB). The game-world will consist of a single large map and will encompass cities, towns, roads, airfields, radar stations, ports, and industrial areas.

* Enhanced campaign system - The dynamic campaign system will be an €œevolution€ of the Forgotten Battles campaign engine and will include expanded pilot and squadron management.

* Dynamic campaign system - Allows players to rewrite history (ability to set two variants in realistic settings for campaign system. One for realistic, and one for €œrewriting history€).

* Scalable gameplay - Not only appealing for sim enthusiasts, TBoB will attract the novices too through an enhanced novice mode.

* Even more precise flight model €" Based on the Forgotten Battles FM development with additional modules of precise calculations.

* New weather effects (non-constant on the map area) - New €œsky€, especially at altitude, clouds, rain, etc that will look and works better than in FB.

* New 3D engine - highly detailed objects and ground, including coastal lines and sea. Expandable with add-ons for new theatres.

* Air-stream effects - When flying directly behind another aircraft, there will be a noticeable realistic prop-wash effect.

* Multiplayer option - 32 at minimum, dogfights, cooperative and team play with basic and special maps.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
08-17-2005, 07:32 PM
No points system

No points system

No points system

oh yeah and incase you missed it

No points system

Daiichidoku
08-17-2005, 08:24 PM
forgot at least one more...

server/host can set "proportions" of numbers of given ac types

that is; i have read some time ago that the intention with BoB will to do as with has been the case with FB, to expand upon different locales and periods of WWII, (with a possibilty of Korea as well!)...with this in mind, as it is in FB DF servers now, it would be nice if the host can make it so that in a given planeset, the types that historically have far less numbers than others is reflected in availability

that is; if the server allows one to choose 109s, spits, and 262s, each side could only have 12 109s, 9 or 10 spits, and 1 or 2 262s in the air (or spawned, i shoudl say) at any given time

ok, one more....

allow players to control loadouts and configurations, drawing from both historical sources, and even for an "arcade" setting, non-historical, or "fun" loadouts, like:

100% AP loadout for guns
100% MG loadout
3/4, one half, or 1/4 ammo capacity loads
50/50 AP/HEI etc etc etc
removal of any number of guns
removal of any or all sections of armor
wing/belly rack removal
adjustable fuel loads to 1% increments

ok, another yet again....
ability to land, refuel/arm re engage enemy in same ship...no respawn required...and to go with that, ala' Janes, little victory cross/ribbons for each kill earned while using the SAME particular ac

FritzGryphon
08-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Puncturable tires.

tagTaken2
08-17-2005, 09:33 PM
My 2c:

In order of importance-

Sound- please! Nothing makes immersion so fast as whine-burp-roar of actual engine startup sounds.

6d0f incorporated- particularly for BnZ flyers, fixed view is a real handicap

AI improvement- Would like to be able to surprise them occasionally, and the way they can see through clouds is just uncanny.

A full start-procedure would be cool too, especially if you could run past the guy cranking the siren and have to do the whole thing with bombs dropping around you...

fordfan25
08-17-2005, 09:46 PM
realistic DM's and dive speeds http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

JG5_UnKle
08-18-2005, 01:39 AM
1. An ACM flight recorder for tracks like the one in Falcon 4.0 - but better. Ability to fast forward/pause/rewind tracks and view aircraft alt, heading, speed, AoA etc for combat review.

2. COOP Mission briefings that hide the enemy aircraft type and numerical strength - more immersion imho as you don't know which enemies you will face.

3. More host options for external views e,g: External or "Tower View" of your aircraft when on the ground, external views when you are dead etc

4. IL-2 Compaire type program bundled with BoB which contains detailed FM information and performance parameters - this should be updated regularly and accurately. Any FM discussions can be based on one set of figures then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Some of these things might be easy (like the briefings) but what do I know? I'm no programmer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Kuna15
08-18-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by FritzGryphon:
Puncturable tires.

I reckon Stuka will suffer from 7,62 illness the most. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Originally posted by tHeBaLrOgRoCkS:
No points system

Absolutely totally agreed. 100%.

Originally posted by JG5_UnKle:
IL-2 Compaire type program bundled with BoB which contains detailed FM information and performance parameters - this should be updated regularly and accurately. Any FM discussions can be based on one set of figures then

IMHO this is also essential.
We don't want to open room for FM/DM, weapon effectivness, ace pilot accounts etc. false argumented debates here, do we? (http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)

asgeirr73
08-18-2005, 04:17 AM
no points use full and shootdowns
(maybe arange so that a pilotkill or catastrofic (non recoverbel)failure due to hits automaticly gives a full victory no matter who fires at it afterwards )

no "cloudradar" for AI
and the same for nightmissions

6DOF for TrackIr whit realistic headmovment (but if I am not totaly wrong I read that it will on naturalpoint)

better and more specific sound

better maps both in game and printable for
full real settings navigation

a good missionbrefing whit diretions, waypoints flight/missiontimes, windspeed/direction,
secondary targets, and so on..

aircraft history for instans if one get hit in the wing but make it back and it gets repaird the likelyhood of structial wingfailure is incresed by a few % in high g situations at the next missionflight and so on

Lucius_Esox
08-18-2005, 06:04 PM
I want proper "bendy" roads and discount vouchers so I can buy beer at 1940 prices,,, easy peasy!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Low_Flyer_MkII
08-18-2005, 06:55 PM
No hysterical girlie type cries for help from German AI aircrew everytime the bullets start flying. I'm sure that a Spifire chewing your butt is a terrifying experience, but all this "HILFE! SCHEIZE!" business gets on my tits.

Stigler_9_JG52
08-18-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this, which should be in the top 3:

Proper visibility of icons/planeshapes, especially against the terrain in no-icon environments.

That, to me, is the #1 thing to change.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
08-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Give us a bloody pub for debriefs after missions even virtual pilots need a bloody pub! And proper deck chairs, you got any idea what its like to sit in the sadle of a spitty for 12 to 18 hours hmm ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Fehler
08-18-2005, 09:51 PM
"What improvement would you like to see in BoB the most?"

Originally posted by UK_Rocket:
Realistic engine sounds.

Umm, that would be "Hear." LOL

I'm just picking on you for fun... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Relant
08-18-2005, 11:02 PM
I would like to see more role playing. Bring the other pilots to life and make them more than just names and numbers. Mock up period style news headlines and paper clippings for special events in game, just to break up the mission after mission routine.
I want to be able to relate to my fellow pilots. I want to feel that they are real characters and not just a line of text.

All kills marked on the outside of your aicraft.

When a medal is won it would be nice to see a presentation using the game engine and your pilot skin.

Bring the airfields to life with more random events. More vehicles and crew going about their duties.

woofiedog
08-18-2005, 11:28 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif I'd like to see Uber Demon's Mission Builder or a simular program incorporated into BoB for a Quick Mission Builder.
Also Maps that you can change the amount of tree's or etc... so you can better set the affects of frame rate from the maps themself.
One more request... a better way of keeping a tally of kills and scores over time with any missions.

Old_Canuck
08-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Improved gun sounds/aircraft sounds and more distinct landmarks.

While the gun sounds we have now are similar to what is heard when a tape is played back, the post Hollywood generation is conditioned to hearing the more "realistic" sounds generated by post production props such as a board slapping on a table for a .50 cal. sound and etc. Some of the present out-of-the-cockpit sounds are quite rich especially when in formation at low prop pitch and half throttle but overall the sim will benefit from more throaty radial sounds and deeper Allison sounds.

It would also be great to approach Biggin Hill and other bases for example and recognise distinct features of each airfield.

Just a personal opinion but you asked so here it is.

Kuna15
08-19-2005, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Fehler:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"What improvement would you like to see in BoB the most?"

Originally posted by UK_Rocket:
Realistic engine sounds.

Umm, that would be "Hear." LOL

I'm just picking on you for fun... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He he... I just saw some thread named "Picking on the fat guy". Now not that I am fat, just... ummm... being "pick on". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Anyway a lot of good suggestions/wishes. I would like to see many of them find their way into BoB, on one or the other way.

I like Relant and woofiedog's suggestions, that would benefit offline play a lot.

About what Old_Canuck said, I think that is a must. Majority is with this opinion I think.
Improved sound!!! and distinct landmarks of well known RAF airfields...

Grue_
08-19-2005, 07:04 AM
AI follow you and your orders not poncing off and doing their own thing and also be able to request their position.

Realistic mode should be as realistic as the designers can make the game includuing full torque effects, realistic plane start procedure etc. Dogfight servers can use lower settings to create faster gameplay.

Menu sliders can be manipulated without having to keep the mouse pointer on the slider (like in windows) - Most annoying feature of IL-2 series http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

knightflyte
08-19-2005, 08:34 AM
One thing I am looking forward to, because it's ALWAYS bugged me, is support for head movement with Track IR.

It pi$$ed me off to no end to have an AI pilot avoid me just because he was able to manuever in such away that my cockpit pillars and frame would obstuct my ability to track him. I know it was only a shortcoming with the games engine, and at that time Track IR didn't have head movement implimented, but sometimes it just felt like AI was cheating.

AI detecting you at .4 km and avoiding you even tho you were approaching his blind side.

The ubiquitous xray vision in the clouds.

The rest is gravy to me, and am really looking forward to see what is in store for us.

regards,
Robert

Kuna15
08-19-2005, 09:42 AM
AI detecting you at .4 km and avoiding you even tho you were approaching his blind side.

This thing has bugged me maybe the most of all AI 'features'.

NZspurs
08-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Things I'd like to see,

1. Itroduction os readiness flights ie: scrambles to intercept unknown formations.

2. Inaccurate radar information ie: a call from home base giving approximate direction height and number of enemy that is not entirely reliable

3. Missions where the enemy is not encountered, makes the ones where you do all the more exciting

4. A flee ratio built into the AI, so that when formations realise they are outmanouvered or outnumbered they 'hit the deck' and run for home.

Badsight.
08-20-2005, 12:07 AM
overall improved AI

AI is the single biggest factor in a successfull FS - and the biggest factor in offline enjoyment

the AI is a game killer with its stupidity in FB

polak5
08-20-2005, 01:42 AM
keep it as real as posible, dont let people's whining in forums change ur mind about something like ac gundamge, etc..., after all ur the ones doing the hands on research and making the game.
as far as options go..
better structural damage on aircraft
better single player campaigns
guides to cockpit gauges and controls, wether it be in the game or not.
simple autopilot instead of the triming for the people with not soo good sticks, take ww2online autopilot for example.
wider variety of options in the FBM
new voices for all pilots, this goes without saying
option of having ships not fire
light AAA guns not fire at extremly high altitudes
AI planes cant shoot thru clouds
AI planes dont shoot straight like a laser, and are affected by planes vibrations, etc..
GAME EASIER FOR SUPPORTING MORE THAN TWO JOYTICKS, OR GAME CONTROLERS..
thats it for now
laters, Polak

WOLFMondo
08-20-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Kuna15:

I personally would like to see improved campaign system and also more improved COOPs.

co-ops for dedicated servers [so they can be run remotely] would be nice. or to be able to put co-ops into a rotation on a server would also be cool.

LeadSpitter_
08-20-2005, 06:05 AM
respawning ai aircraft and moving ai ground items in dogfight maps too.

Something to make the game seem like a more interesting large scale battle then just a few players.