PDA

View Full Version : New System!

jolulure
07-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi!

Ive been a month out of the forums... i havent got internet access... BUT TODAY IVE GOT 10min access in this "shop" (costs 1,5!!)

Im sorry, but have no time to search in the forums for "release date" of SOWBOB... are there any news?

Last thing, im getting an ACer laptop with these specs:

Core 2 Duo 2ghz
2gb RAM
8600GT which actually performs closely to its desktop brother.

How you think this setup will run tha game?

sorry for asking this boring question, but really would be very helpful...

thanks

jolulure
07-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi!

Ive been a month out of the forums... i havent got internet access... BUT TODAY IVE GOT 10min access in this "shop" (costs 1,5!!)

Im sorry, but have no time to search in the forums for "release date" of SOWBOB... are there any news?

Last thing, im getting an ACer laptop with these specs:

Core 2 Duo 2ghz
2gb RAM
8600GT which actually performs closely to its desktop brother.

How you think this setup will run tha game?

sorry for asking this boring question, but really would be very helpful...

thanks

FritzGryphon
07-29-2007, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Im sorry, but have no time to search in the forums for "release date" of SOWBOB... are there any news? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last official word from Oleg is 4Q this year, AFAIK.

stansdds
07-30-2007, 04:20 AM
It should run Il2 very well. The Core2Duo should be upgradable for future improvements in speed. I do recommend the 8800GTS as it is the best value in terms of cost and performance. I still do not recommend Windows Vista as there are still a number of driver issues and games still seem to perform better under Windows XP.

jolulure
07-31-2007, 05:59 AM
thanks!

are there any technical issues with VISTA+IL2 series?

thanks

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-31-2007, 09:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jolulure:
thanks!

are there any technical issues with VISTA+IL2 series?

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Many are having issues but it's not global. I'd say stay away from Vista if you want the most out of this sim.

Oh, and that rig should run IL2:46 just fine.

TB

jolulure
07-31-2007, 11:45 AM
what are the technical issues generally? this laptop has been especially designed for Vista, and quite a lot of people are having problems with changing to XP. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

stansdds
08-01-2007, 04:11 AM
XP is still far better for gaming than Vista.