PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded a campaign... where do I put the files now?

ToiletSiphonX
10-19-2004, 09:41 AM
I just downloaded a user-made campaign (operation Storm, 10 missions). I have a buch of files with the following extensions:
.mis
.properties
also have all.ini, campaign.ini, victory.msg and victory.trk

Now, where do I put all theses files??? I read the manual but it's still not clear to me.

ToiletSiphonX
10-19-2004, 09:41 AM
I just downloaded a user-made campaign (operation Storm, 10 missions). I have a buch of files with the following extensions:
.mis
.properties
also have all.ini, campaign.ini, victory.msg and victory.trk

Now, where do I put all theses files??? I read the manual but it's still not clear to me.

Zeus-cat
10-19-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm assuming they did not include a readme file with instructions. I'm at work and I can't remember the file that has the info in it for the campaign. Somebody help me here, is it the campaign.ini file?

Anyway, it is not the .mis or the .properties or the .trk or .msg files. One of the other files has a list of all the missions and the tracks. The line with the tracks will have a file directory. Recreate that path and place all the files except the .trk and .msg files in that directory (ignoring the video folder).

It will look something like this:

IL-2 forgotten Battles/missions/campaign/US/storm (or whatever name the campaign developer used).

The .trk and .msg files will go in a subdirectory of this folder called "video"

I am doing this from memory so take it with a grain of salt (hmmm... maybe a bag of salt)

Zeus-cat