PDA

View Full Version : Silent hunter is missing some quick menus!

superkoax
09-25-2005, 04:15 PM
The playability in silent hunter is just so lame! sorry guys,but I am a customer that wants toplay and not wait the whole time it takes to go to a grid and patrol! And here is something else, when I deploy a torpedo and it hits the propellar it stops and sinks. I have 0% in realism and want full arcade funcion for my money, but sadly this game only offers a waiting period on each mission more worse then the doctors office! This is going in my forgotten games shel ASAP!

I'm so frustrated right now...i'm a newb to the game, and on mye third mission in the game I departured from wilhelmshaven, to grid A16. I wait about 5min or more until my sub gets there, and suddenly there is 3 ships after me! I start to deploy my torpedos, 2 torpedos hit(one hits the propellar),but sinks and one blast a ship away...It says that my sub has 2 reserve torpedos,but they won't load...Well, I can go on for ever...sadly I paid 17.99 + 10 in custom to get this game from england, and the frustrastion is really killing....I had really high hopes, but sadly the didn't come trough!

Gerry

superkoax
09-25-2005, 04:19 PM
I've now deleted the game from my harddrive,so don't bother to post any replies here...the game just sucks!

G

ILikePortillos
09-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Sorry about that man. The single missions might be more immediately stimulating, but unfortunately, it just looks like it's not the game for you.

You shouldn't have a problem selling it on Ebay though, especially if you still have all of the printed materials it came with.

Sorry to hear about it.

superkoax
09-25-2005, 04:28 PM
yeah, this goes sadly in the catagory of bad deals.

To all who read this post: I don't judge the gamers here! Sadly I had so much hopes for this game, and it didn't forfill my expectations! HOPEFULLY, they have done something about this in Silent Hunter 4! Let's all cross our fingers that I get more satisfied with number 4!

gerry

Nick_Toznost
09-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Hmm, things could only have got worse for you really. Once you get the 1X sub you get sent from, say, Norway to South Africa. Journey takes ages. You nip off to make a cup of tea in hope of killing some time only to return to find that you've only moved 500m because your watchman's spotted a German fishing boat.

I really like the game though. It's the atmosphere that does it for me.

XDRHicks
09-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Dont take offence, but if you like action asap in a game, dont buy simulators...could be worse, at least they gave us time compression

Flog it on ebay or something...but personnaly, i think its a game that you need to get into b4 you can truely appreciate it, i hate the 'in between' moments, ie nothing going on etc...but when you got 5 destroyers all out to have a pop at you, then the game gets good...or that golden moment when you take out a destroyer, to find it was the only military vessel guarding a huge convoy and you are then surrounded by potential prey!

superkoax
09-26-2005, 11:16 AM
I agree to teh atmosphere! It's great! I love simulators, really I do! But maybe I'm a bit spoiled brat about games I liked before!

But thwe travelling should have been alternative, you see? When travelling to a destination there shoul also be a menus saying: Go to destination now or som,ething liek that! So people have a choice to not engage in the what i call "boring part" of the game!

I admit I was i bit harsh before! So I have reinstalled the game and I'm now trying to cope with boring factors! Give me some redemption on the SH4, please!

Gerry

superkoax
09-26-2005, 11:18 AM
BTW: thanjk you all for be patient with a frustrated sailor! And thank you again for some good words and suggestions! You guys will definately hear from me in the future! Take care all and I'll see you all sooooooooon

*and capt Gerry and his crew sails in to the sunset*